Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-21-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
nova launcher is awesome.
I want to like custom launchers but they slow down the device because even though you can make it the primary the stock launcher is still going in the background.

I always find myself switching back shortly after.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I want to like custom launchers but they slow down the device because even though you can make it the primary the stock launcher is still going in the background.

I always find myself switching back shortly after.
nova was voted #1 for using the least amount of resources. it's fast and light.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
nova was voted #1 for using the least amount of resources. it's fast and light.
I think its less about that and more about the stock launcher constantly running behind Nova.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I use Holo HD Launcher and love it.

I don't notice the effects too much so it's ok.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

while it didn't drain the battery bad I noticed a slight drop. I just hate how you can't fully customize the dock.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

***** and you shall receive. My Optimus G just upgraded to JB 4.1

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my droid 4 just got upgraded to 4.1.2, and it is night and day in terms of smoothness. i dont say that lightly, but it is just a crazy amount better. i was surprised too because i assumed the droid 4 was done being supported.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got the upgrade to 4.2.2 which is nice.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

think I'm pulling the trigger on a nexus 4 and taking it to Wal-Mart because there T-Mobile has a deal for 30 bucks you get 100 minutes (don't use talk minutes that much anyway) and unlimited data. beats my 110 dollar bill from att and only getting 3gb which I go over every month.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL.

Also I want to get a tablet, Nexus 7 or Nexus 10, which one is better.

Mostly opening up PDF drawings of buildings while on construction sites, I need to see if they are buidling **** right. Opening it on my phone is becoming a pain in the rear.

Or should I just buy a used ipad?
Old 04-13-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a fan of my Nexus 7. I like it quite a bit. However, I use it almost exclusively for e-reading.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
keep in mind, t-mobile isn't actually unlimited data. after X MB (depending on plan, i believe the one you're looking at is 2GB), you're back to 2g speeds for the rest.
my buddy turned on tethering and downloaded 46 gigs and he never got throttled.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're looking at p&id drawings?

If that's all you're using it for then it really comes down to screen size. And if you need to modify your drawings getting a tablet that let's you edit your drawings with a pen would be very useful.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
think I'm pulling the trigger on a nexus 4 and taking it to Wal-Mart because there T-Mobile has a deal for 30 bucks you get 100 minutes (don't use talk minutes that much anyway) and unlimited data. beats my 110 dollar bill from att and only getting 3gb which I go over every month.
This is what I do and I haven't regretted it at all. If TMobile coverage is good in your area I bet you'll like it. I didn't go to Walmart though, I just did everything online on the TMobile site.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
*shrug* it depends on the plan. they state it clearly in the t&c's.
just checked, first 5 gigs are 4g. after that it's throttled.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T-mobile is getting LTE soon supposedly

EDIT: well not supposedly it is true and it'll be rolling out in a few selected areas too, pretty cool that even if we go out of LTE's rage we still get the HSPA+ 4G speed as a backup.

Last edited by bantx : 04-14-2013 at 12:18 AM.
bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I run an unlimited data plan from VZW still and terther once every week. And I never get billed extra. I jut I could unlock my foxfi damn u VZW for blocking it!
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:41 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who in the hell understands any of the stuff you post dude damn and 90% of the **** i post is drunken nonsense

Last edited by TitansCJftw : 04-14-2013 at 12:44 AM.
TitansCJftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nexus 7 > nexus 10.

The ten is kinda buggy, awkward to type on, and generally just a bit too large to hold comfortably for long periods of time.

7 is perfect, IMO.

I prefer the 4 for most things, however.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:39 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about any of the other asus tablets
Old 04-17-2013, 07:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
keep in mind, t-mobile isn't actually unlimited data. after X MB (depending on plan, i believe the one you're looking at is 2GB), you're back to 2g speeds for the rest.
It seems most places are doing some variation of this. I have AT&T and I still have "unlimited" because of how long I have been with them so they 'grandfathered' the promotion forward with me but new customers can't. But even with that, I have to primarily use my wifi connection at home because I'll get shut down beyond a certain point which was ironic since they still called my data plan 'unlimited'.

My upgrade is here in 6 months so I can move on from my Galaxy SII and I'm really looking at the new Note closely because that appears to be where I'm going next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:12 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
transformer >

i could *almost* use it as a work laptop replacement, i just need some specialized software accessible at all times (i.e. i can't just remote into a computer).
I love my transformer prime... I just hate the lack of multitasking as I cant just seem to do one thing.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:25 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love my transformer prime... I just hate the lack of multitasking as I cant just seem to do one thing.
The specs on that system are kinda behind so I'm sure the next refresh will be awesome.

I haven't used one, but for a 10", I really like the idea of an optional keyboard.

It's just that when I'm developing, I'm going after gold standard platforms, ie google nexus and some Samsung galaxies.

It'd hard enough just targeting those devices. I mean, the code "should" work on others as long as they meet the min OS requiremets. But it's also a crapshoot.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Yeah the Prime is about a year and a half old. It still works great as I haven't noticed any slow down which is odd for me as I like to be a bleeding edge guy.

But I hate not being able to watch video and pull up a chat real quick or check the internet for something with out having to reopen the video app and restart the video.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 04-17-2013 at 08:35 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

my N4 should be here today!