Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 04-13-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Is this a joke? The best TE on the Titans' roster is Delane Walker, you realize that right? The only teams that have a bigger need at TE are probably the Jets and Browns...
That last statement is pretty funny, but investment is referring to money. We have both Delanie Walker and Craig Stevens tied in with pretty decent contracts that aren't all the easy to get out of.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
That last statement is pretty funny, but investment is referring to money. We have both Delanie Walker and Craig Stevens tied in with pretty decent contracts that aren't all the easy to get out of.
Following your logic the jets don't need a qb then. Money invested doesn't mean the position isn't a need.

Name 1 team other than the browns, raiders, and jets who are in worse shape at TE than the titans if my last statement was so funny. Sorry I forgot the raiders the first time
Old 04-13-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, to play your game I'd say the Buccaneers easily, with others you could make arguement for.

First off, I never said money invested equated to the position not being a need. But team philosophy does. The Titans rarely cut players before their contracts expire, that's just the way it is.

Secondly, the Titans chose targeted Delanie Walker from the beginning, they chose to pass on the pass catching TEs and focus on the best run blocking TE in the FA class.

The Titans want to be a run-first offense, it's why we signed Delanie Walker, Andy Levitre and Shonn Greene. They plan on using the TEs in an H-Back role with Craig Stevens as the primary blocking TE.

Draftniks can look at our roster and pick TE all they want, but come draft day it's not going to happen so it's just a waste of time.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had no idea how awful those walker and Stevens contracts were. Wow that's just shocking amounts of money for below average tight ends
Old 04-14-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might have hated that 1st pick, but I love that 3rd rnd addition for Buffalo. Lemonier would be a huge steal.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I had no idea how awful those walker and Stevens contracts were. Wow that's just shocking amounts of money for below average tight ends
They're blocking TEs and thats the direction the Titans have chosen to focus their TE play
Old 04-14-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't argue the Jarvis Jones pick; however, given the players available, I think the Saints would go in a different direction.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
First two rounds for the Bucs are great. Dont like the Rambo pick, we are pretty deep at safety.
Gonna be honest, completely forgot you guys signed Goldson.

Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. WHOA.

EIFERT FALLS TO 39 FOR THE JETS and we take GLENNON?!?!?!?

Where is the logic in that?? Horrible, cataclysmic, abyssmal, are just a few words I'd use to describe that. Glennon is a pretty big reach in the 2nd now, Eifert is AMAZING value at 39, and is the Jets absolute biggest need right now (we have 1 tight end who's started ever and its Cumberland, a guy who makes Kellen Davis look like a stud).

I really am curious to know why you thought the Jets would take Glennon over Eifert because that is just ridiculous.
In all honesty, the best answer I've got is, its the Jets. I just don't see them passing on a QB in the first two rounds regardless of who is on the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Are you giving us Long with the prospect of converting him to guard? Because, if not, we're set at tackle with Schwartz on the right. Snagging up Rambo would have been nice.
We'll go with the moving him to guard angle (reality is that I just forgot about Schwartz, the Browns' roster listing all linemen as OL made it easy to overlook someone).

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasonticketholder
I won't argue the Jarvis Jones pick; however, given the players available, I think the Saints would go in a different direction.
Such as?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty terrible Colts mock to be honest.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post

Such as?
Austin, Patterson, or Richardson.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasonticketholder View Post
Austin, Patterson, or Richardson.
dont listen to this man. Austin is a bad option and Patterson and Richardson are truely terrible options for the saints

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
dont listen to this man. Austin is a bad option and Patterson and Richardson are truely terrible options for the saints
Yes, because Grizzlegom is Mickey Loomis and will decide what the Saints will do come draft day. Grizzlegom, that is not mean as a slight to you. But wicket is acting here as if your listening to my opinion will have some bearing on what the Saints do in the draft when it will not.

If my opinion that the choice would Austin or Patterson or even Richardson proves to be wrong, well, it doesn't hurt me one bit. Why? Because I can live with Jarvis Jones. But oh, how funny it will be come draft day if one of the aforementioned players, particularly Austin or Patterson, end up being the pick. Wicket will be so MIA you might think he has gone into witness protection.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robert Woods at 23 seems to be a stretch. I would much rather have Richardson there and Justin Hunter in the third or Patton/Wheaton in the second.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote