Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-14-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Predict a Bust

and why.

Im really not feeling the hype on a lot of guys, geno and wilson in particular. But i could see how they could succeed, i see the talent and potential etc.
but if there is one guy that i just really cannot understand the hype around and see him as a pretty safe bet to fail its......

Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
He cant catch.
Hes fast, he can break tackles, and his routes are pretty good for a guy often referred to as raw.
But all that doesnt mean dick if he cant catch with his hands. If he doesnt body catch it he drops it. WRs who cant catch are like QBs who cant pass or Tackles who cant block. I dont like his odds in the pros unless he suddenly learns how to catch the ball away from his body like a real pro prospect should.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the QB's may easily bust from this crop including Smith. It is one of the worst crops I've seen in my 55 years of being a draftnik.

Ziggy Ansah is another prime bust candidate and because of it, I think he falls on draft day.

Cordarrelle Patterson, I agree with, poor hands isn't a good characteristic to have for a WR.

Tyrann Mathieu CB This guy apparently failed over a hundred drug tests at LSU and was a daily user ever day he was at LSU by his own admission.

Jarvis Jones, not only his spine but a putrid 40 screams out bust to me.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In this draft it's infinitely easier to predict a bust than to predict a solid starter. So many awful players hyped up into early round consideration it's absurd. Don't even know where to begin, if I'm bored later I'll post a more detailed response.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
All the QB's may easily bust from this crop including Smith. It is one of the worst crops I've seen in my 55 years of being a draftnik.

Ziggy Ansah is another prime bust candidate and because of it, I think he falls on draft day.

Cordarrelle Patterson, I agree with, poor hands isn't a good characteristic to have for a WR.

Tyrann Mathieu CB This guy apparently failed over a hundred drug tests at LSU and was a daily user ever day he was at LSU by his own admission.

Jarvis Jones, not only his spine but a putrid 40 screams out bust to me.
I think olbs are hard to project to the next level. (Aaron Curry) Jarvis Jones is probably going to be a feast or famine type, not seeing much in between.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ziggy Ansah.

Soley based on his top 10 hype. I don't get it.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dee Milliner.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Dee Milliner.
Vidae wants to start a fight on this sunday afternoon I see.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-14-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dion Jordan.

He's got a ton of hype surrounding him. Great athlete but can he be an effective pass rusher at the next level. Can he hold up at the next level ? Can he develop pass rush moves? Can he get stronger.

He played at 228 lbs his senior year And while hes decent in coverage I saw him get pushed out of plays at times.

He's picked up top 5 hype. But I don't see muc of a different between him and manny Lawson.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dee Milliner.
I can see it.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Dion Jordan.

He's got a ton of hype surrounding him. Great athlete but can he be an effective pass rusher at the next level. Can he hold up at the next level ? Can he develop pass rush moves? Can he get stronger.

He played at 228 lbs his senior year And while hes decent in coverage I saw him get pushed out of plays at times.

He's picked up top 5 hype. But I don't see muc of a different between him and manny Lawson.
^^^ this. Factor in that his pass rush moves are nonexistent, he doesn't use his hands he just tries to run around the tackles which won't work at the next level (most of the time, could get lucky and face a misplaced LT like d'anthony batiste). When you take Jordan you're taking him purely on potential, so huge chance he's a bust.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tavon Austin.

I just don't like 5'9", 170 pound players in round 1. I think he will struggle with injuries and the physicality of the NFL. People compare him to Percy Harvin, but Harvin was a solid 20+ pounds heavier.

I think Austin will be decent in the NFL, but I think he's going to go 2 rounds higher than he should, especially if he goes top 12.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post

For me, tyrann wont bust because of his drug use, ill give him the benefit of the doubt that hes honest in saying he'll stay clean.

I think he'll bust because everything he was good at in college doesnt translate well to the pros. i mean...
-hes tiny and weak
-not that great in coverage/sloppy technique
-RBs will easily pick him up on the blitz
-he was good at forcing turnovers, something that is as much about oppurtunity and bounces as skill
-who does he cover? he might match up well with smaller slot guys. some of the time. Harvin would out muscle him, as will a lot of other smaller guys.

i think he presents a lot of matchup problems for the offense to take advantage of. If a TE ends up in his zone he'll get humiliated every time. do you want to use a premium pick on a guy who your DC has to hide in the scheme or use in very specific matchups for him to succeed? very situational guy, id pass.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Tavon Austin.

I just don't like 5'9", 170 pound players in round 1. I think he will struggle with injuries and the physicality of the NFL. People compare him to Percy Harvin, but Harvin was a solid 20+ pounds heavier.

I think Austin will be decent in the NFL, but I think he's going to go 2 rounds higher than he should, especially if he goes top 12.
Players like Austin can be found throughout the draft. I like bailey better.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Players like Austin can be found throughout the draft. I like bailey better.
bailey is gunna be a very good slot guy for a long time. hes quick, reliable hands and very good routes for a college guy.

i said it in another thread that while i like austins potential bailey is a much safer and refined player idk why he gets such little love just not as flashy i guess.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnathan Hankins. Overrated as a run defender, insignificant as a pass rusher. At best, he's an average two-gap player (jumbo DE in 3-4?)
Old 04-14-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Barkley, QB, USC

Product of poor college coaching who has already reached his ceiling. Huge regression as a senior from a good junior campaign. Lacks a big time arm and the understanding of a true pro style offense. Anywhere before Round 4 is a wasted pick for the once overhyped USC product.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, I'd be tempted to bet money on Jarvis Jones being a bust.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eddie Lacy. He ran behind a phenomenal offensive line. I'm not sure how much he can create for himself. Nice physicality but I'm not blown away by his physical abilities eithe.

any of the QBs are prime candidates as well. You can find significant problems with all of them.

Last edited by G Mobile : 04-14-2013 at 03:07 PM.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
At this point, I'd be tempted to bet money on Jarvis Jones being a bust.
This is where we part ways.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-14-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Jenkins, Tank Carradine, Bjoern Werner to name a few.

*runs away*

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brandon Jenkins, Tank Carradine, Bjoern Werner to name a few.

*runs away*
You forgot EJ Manuel

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
You forgot EJ Manuel
And Dustin Hopkins. Xavier Rhodes as well.

They all suck.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
You forgot EJ Manuel
But if you really want to get under BallerT's skin.... The biggest bust in the 2013 NFL Draft will be....

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson

Last edited by thebow305 : 04-14-2013 at 03:27 PM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Luke Joeckel. I don't think I ever saw him with his hand on the ground, reminds me of former #2 pick Jason Smith.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lane Johnson is Jason Smith 2.0, he's going to be terrible, thats my bust pick.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote