Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-12-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
NMfootball85
Rookie

NMfootball85 is a cocksman.NMfootball85 is a cocksman.NMfootball85 is a cocksman.
Default How Does 2013 QB Class Stack Up According to Bill Parcels Rules

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairba..._class_sta.php

From the article in qotes
"You may have seen these before, but as a refresher, we will call these the "Parcells Rules." In order to be eligible for selection by Bill Parcells, a college quarterback must:

1. ...be a senior, because you need time and maturity to develop into a good professional quarterback.

2. ...be a three-year starter, because you want to make sure his success wasn't a fluke and to know that he has been "the guy" for a significant period of time.

3. ...have 23 wins, because big numbers don't mean a whole lot if you don't win.

4. ...be a graduate, because you want somebody that takes their responsibilities serious

Last season, six rookie or second year quarterbacks led their teams to the post season. They were:

- Christian Ponder, Minnesota (2011, 1st round)
- Andy Dalton, Cincinnati (2011, 2nd round)
- Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco (2011, 2nd round)
- Andrew Luck, Indianapolis (2012, 1st round)
- Robert Griffin III, Washington (2012, 1st round)
- Russell Wilson, Seattle (2012, 3rd round)

Of those six quarterbacks, five of them pass the Parcells Rules test, and the only one that doesn't is Christian Ponder who fell one win short (he started in 22 wins in his FSU career) of meeting the 23 win mark, a mark he'd have likely hit if he hadn't been injured in his first year as a starter.

Fact that becomes even more relevant when you consider that the quarterbacks selected in the first and second round of each of these drafts that didn't make the 2012 postseason all failed the Parcells Rules test:

- Cam Newton, Carolina (2011, 1st round, early entry/one year starter)
- Jake Locker, Tennessee (2011, 1st round, failed in "number of wins")
- Blaine Gabbert, Jacksonville (2011, 1st round, early entry/two year starter)
- Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M (2012, 1st round, failed all but graduating)
- Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State (2012, 1st round, two year starter, odd case though because of his age, 28 when drafted)
- Brock Osweiler, Arizona State (2012, 2nd round, early entry/one year starter)

This Class Wins as a starter
Jones, 40 wins
Barkley, 32 wins
Smith, 26 wins
Nassib, 21 wins
Dysert, 15 wins

The only three who qualify out of the 2013 Draft class
Landry Jones,
Matt Barkley,
Geno Smith," end of quote from Article

The only exception is EJ Manuel who was not a three year starter but had the wins and was a senior. these Guys are also the Most Accurate Geno 66% ave Jones and Barkley 63% ave
Scouts Inc.. and Todd Mcshay and Gil Brandt have these guys in their top 4..

Other Ranking methods

Gil Brandts QB by the numbers:

1. Geno 2 Manuel 3 Jones 4 Barkley...

Lewin Carrer Index Has http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...-forecast-2013
1.Jones 2. Geno 3.Barkley 4 Nassib 5 Manuel.

Does this Change your mind about the QB's
Last edited by NMf
NMfootball85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're making people who weren't even thinking about Landry Jones hate him as a prospect.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
NMfootball85
Rookie

NMfootball85 is a cocksman.NMfootball85 is a cocksman.NMfootball85 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
You're making people who weren't even thinking about Landry Jones hate him as a prospect.
teams love him and will be drafted 1/2 round and will win a starting Job

No the media already made people hate him by picking up on the perfectionistic whining of OU fans because he didnt win a national championship. To say he sucks and is a 4th round prospect is ridiculous and with out merit or with out any reason or common sense.. There is a lot out there that agrees with me.. Jones is a quit laid back leader and a good Christian and good person who is already married. He is not flashy an easy target for media and others to pick on.. So he is like a little brother that I feel like I need to defend..

teams love him and will be drafted 1 or 2 round and will win a starting job.. It is interesting how if you look at all the different methods the same 5 names keep showing up.. I think The top 5 are all really different and will all do well.

Last edited by NMfootball85 : 04-12-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ESPN's Jon Gruden believes QB Landy Jones got "bored" and "complacent" his final two years at Oklahoma.
"Jones was around so long and had seen so much as a college player that I think he got complacent," Gruden writes. "I see a player who got bored. ... The Sooners often went with four-wideout formations, and I thought it stymied their QB. They lost balance and their play-action passing game. That put a lot on Jones, and it probably created a situation where he had to throw the ball too often." Jones threw for 4,718 yards and 38 touchdowns as a sophomore, but fell short of both totals his junior and senior seasons. Immobile and inconsistent, Jones will be lucky to come off the board on day two
That's what ole' Gruden thinks about your boy.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
NMfootball85
Rookie

Jones didnt get board or complacent.. He got a way worse defense his Junior year and Senior year that left him with less attempts because they were on the field longer.. then he had Broyals get hurt and three wr get suspended so he started over with a whole new crew his senior year.. You dont criticize a player who goes from 4700 yards to 4400 to 4200 yards and 30 Td's a season at that level who freakin Cares only the top 10 NFL QB's are at that level.. the much worse defense and injury and stuff can account for that drop.. The Immobile and inconsistent jones will be lucky to come off the board on day 2 was not what Gruden Said .. the exert above was taken out of context read the whole article. what he talking about Jones trying to do to much and take too much on his shoulders and pass up easy underneath stuff.. He was to overconfident in his arm and should have been patient and taken easy underneath stuff.. he said that Jones would not give up on plays when he needed to which caused some of the mistakes..

Last edited by NMfootball85 : 04-12-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMfootball85 View Post

No the media already made people hate him by picking up on the perfectionistic whining of OU fans because he didnt win a national championship. To say he sucks and is a 4th round prospect is ridiculous and with out merit or with out any reason or common sense.. There is a lot out there that agrees with me.. Jones is a quit laid back leader and a good Christian and good person who is already married. He is not flashy an easy target for media and others to pick on.. So he is like a little brother that I feel like I need to defend..

teams love him and will be drafted 1 or 2 round and will win a starting job.. It is interesting how if you look at all the different methods the same 5 names keep showing up.. I think The top 5 are all really different and will all do well.
I'm sorry, but on draft day, you will be left with mud on your face and nobody to turn to. Your thinking will be realized to be fallacious and hopefully, you'll learn something about how QB's are picked by NFL scouts and GM's because your argument just won't hold up.

This is one of the worst crops of QB's I've seen in my 55 years of being a draftnik and Jones is no better than 5th or 6th on a terribly bad list.
The only reason he will be drafted at all is because he has a very decent arm, the rest of his game just isn't pro quality, if he's lucky, he'll get to sit a year or 2 and improve the other aspects of being a pro football QB, and just maybe down the road, he might have some success, but I won't be holding my breath waiting for it to happen because you cannot teach mental toughness, a prime requirement of a NFL QB.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how does this "test" deal with someone like E.J. Manuel? He doesn't pass because wasn't a "starter" for 3 years but started and won big games over his 4 year, time he spent backing up a QB who "passed" that test.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mods, please lock this as a Y.A.L.T. violation.

Y.A.L.T.- Yet Another Landry Thread.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm almost positive that Parcells pulled this out of his ass sometime after his stint with the Cowboys.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
I'm sure it'll be followed by Y.A.M.T.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I have my doubts, something tells me Tyler Bray could shock us all. Mechanics and arm strength are there. If he can work on his footwork and puts to rest his character concerns, he's a starter in the NFL.

I remember hearing that teams were impressed in interviews and with his knowledge and seemed comfortable he can adapt to a playbook quicker than expected.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
NMfootball85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
It included Landry Jones but was a general thread having to do with different methods of rating QB's, and how the top 5 show up on a lot of different methods... So freakin Cool it... I gave Manuel his props.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
NMfootball85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
As much as I have my doubts, something tells me Tyler Bray could shock us all. Mechanics and arm strength are there. If he can work on his footwork and puts to rest his character concerns, he's a starter in the NFL.

I remember hearing that teams were impressed in interviews and with his knowledge and seemed comfortable he can adapt to a playbook quicker than expected.
Bray has a lot of talent only concern is accuracy 58.5 with two top wr's Freeman had a 58% accuracy in college and 58% after 4 years in the pros..
Old 04-16-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
NMfootball85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
So how does this "test" deal with someone like E.J. Manuel? He doesn't pass because wasn't a "starter" for 3 years but started and won big games over his 4 year, time he spent backing up a QB who "passed" that test.
Nassib missed it by a game and Manuel would be an exception because he is a senior will graduate and won more than 23 games but only started two years.. All the other methods have Manuel Ranked... I wouldnt worry about it... Geno Manuel Jones Barkley Nassib... are the top 5 on most lists.. and on Lewin Career index... Manuel is different and best and only fit read option and will go in the first.. probably top 10
Old 04-16-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

All of these quarterbacks suck.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Landry Jones emerge as the best QB of this entire class.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:52 AM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
All of these quarterbacks suck.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Landry Jones emerge as the best QB of this entire class.
Yeah, it could happen... The fact is I doubt there is a difference maker as a QB in this class. I would put the over/under on pro-bowls in this class at about 6.5. And that includes making the pro-bowl as the 6th guy when the top 3 decline invites or claim injury.

Last year we had Luck, Griffin, and Wilson. One of the all time rookie classes. I could see each of them in Canton some day, and I would have said that about both RGIII and Luck prior to the draft. I also said to many of my friends, that if Russell Wilson was 4 inches taller he would be in the mix for the top 5. In no way did I think he would accomplish what he did in his rookie year, but he could be the best of the bunch.

I seriously can't believe anyone here thinks a bust in Canton is waiting for any of the QB prospects in this draft.

Geno has the arm talent and athleticism, but I don't see the leadership that RGIII, Luck, and Wilson displayed in college. He seems like the guy who is great when things are going his teams way, but shrinks when the adversity comes. EJ Manuel intrigues me with upside and intangibles. Nassib reminds me of Mark Bulger on the high side, and Kellen Clemens on the low side.

I mean, why do you think the Alex Smiths, Kevin Kolbs, and Matt Flynns have been such hot commodities this offseason. It's because the best college QB is named Teddy Bridgewater and he isn't in this draft.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:17 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched Texas A&M's spring game. Manziel is the real deal.
If he comes out in 2014, right now he looks like the 2nd overall pick after Clowney.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:45 AM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I just watched Texas A&M's spring game. Manziel is the real deal.
If he comes out in 2014, right now he looks like the 2nd overall pick after Clowney.
Yeah, a bit of hyperbole in the Bridgewater comment, and didn't consider the Manziel was 3rd year soph... Love Johnny Football, definitely more than I like Geno Smith.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah, a draft where the top QB went #16 and was the only one that was selected in round 1, is a good sign that these QB's have Real talent, your thought process is completely off the wall.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

As far as Landry Jones, he stinks according to NFL GM's, good luck projecting QB's in the future based on a useless theory, Ditto for Achen Ten..
Old 04-27-2013, 04:57 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
As far as Landry Jones, he stinks according to NFL GM's, good luck projecting QB's in the future based on a useless theory, Ditto for Achen Ten..
But he has great such amazing statzzzz....!?!?
Old 04-28-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nassib missed it by a game and Manuel would be an exception because he is a senior will graduate and won more than 23 games but only started two years.. All the other methods have Manuel Ranked... I wouldnt worry about it... Geno Manuel Jones Barkley Nassib... are the top 5 on most lists.. and on Lewin Career index... Manuel is different and best and only fit read option and will go in the first.. probably top 10
Manuel went 26-5 at FSU. Started for 2 years but started games in all 4.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote