Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 04-15-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
10: I'm not sure how a 241 pound LBer is supposed to be a good pick for [the Titans]. I could live with this whole draft, but the 1st pick would put a very bad taste in my mouth as we already have a similar player to Jones in Akeem Ayers.
Ayers does indeed play ELB like Jarvis Jones does. But In the Titans 4-3U, Ayers (according to ProFootballWeekly.com) is purely a run-stopper and Tennessee is looking for a pass rusher on the other side at defensive end. Scouts believe Jones can play DE in spite of his smaller size. Jason Taylor was the same size or smaller than Jones and he was a great DE.

Quote:
So uh, If Mathieu doesn't fit, how does Commings (a girlfriend beater) fit?
It's hard enough to follow all 32 teams without trying to find out which teams don't like criminal types and which ones don't mind them (although we all know the Bengals love them for some reason). I call them "garbage guys" because they surround their lives with garbage. I don't consider Tyrann Mathieu a garbage guy since his only problem has been weed (as far as I know). Of course, Goodell hates weed guys, so there's suspension possibilities for those who aren't careful.

As far as Commings, I didn't know he was a woman beater (which most certainly qualifies as a garbage guy). But even if I did, I didn't know the Falcons policy on problem people. I guess that's why Vick isn't there anymore.

By the way, I love how the Patriots had an official policy against garbage guys, and then they bring in Randy Moss, Aquib Talib, and one or two others. Hypocritical much?

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 04-15-2013 at 01:32 PM.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
cjrugger
Rookie

cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.

I just can't see how the Redskins can wait until the 5th round to address the secondary. Logan Ryan, Taylor or Hayden would look great in the 2nd

1. S Landon Collins
2. T Ty Sambrailo
3. G Arie Kouandjio
cjrugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Ayers does indeed play ELB like Jarvis Jones does. But In the Titans 4-3U, Ayers (according to ProFootballWeekly.com) is purely a run-stopper and Tennessee is looking for a pass rusher on the other side at defensive end. Scouts believe Jones can play DE in spite of his smaller size. Jason Taylor was the same size or smaller than Jones and he was a great DE.

It's hard enough to follow all 32 teams without trying to find out which teams don't like criminal types and which ones don't mind them (although we all know the Bengals love them for some reason). I call them "garbage guys" because they surround their lives with garbage. I don't consider Tyrann Mathieu a garbage guy since his only problem has been weed (as far as I know). Of course, Goodell hates weed guys, so there's suspension possibilities for those who aren't careful.

As far as Commings, I didn't know he was a woman beater (which most certainly qualifies as a garbage guy). But even if I did, I didn't know the Falcons policy on problem people. I guess that's why Vick isn't there anymore.

By the way, I love how the Patriots had an official policy against garbage guys, and then they bring in Randy Moss, Aquib Talib, and one or two others. Hypocritical much?
I don't see what the patriots bringing in Moss and Talib AFTER Dimitroff left has anything to do with Mathieu or Commings even having a shot for ATL. Want a good run down of how Dimitroff picks players? Here's somethign I wrote up and did research into. combined arrests = 0. combined suspensions = 0. combined "lazy workers" = 0.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...afting-players

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
The Titans have shown an interest in getting bigger up front, we already have Kamerion Wimbley @ 255. In addition, Akeem Ayers had 6 sacks last season and towards the end of the season played DE in passing situations.

Ayers is even bigger than Jones, as Ayers is 254 compared to Jones 241.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote