Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-16-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems like everyone on here has a different favorite pass rusher this year.

I think that is a good sign of how deep this years class is??

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cornelius Carradine. Uses his speed, hands, and power like a pro does. He's the most NFL ready out of all those guys listed
Old 04-16-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
It seems like everyone on here has a different favorite pass rusher this year.

I think that is a good sign of how deep this years class is??
I'd say it's devoid of headliner talent and deepish. Kind of like last year's group. I'd say better overall.

Coples went second and Ingram third last year. They probably would be the 9th/10th in this year's class. Irvin isn't tops in this class, but probably top 3. As a speed rusher, he'd still be the top of this years' class. Certainly before Mingo who is this years' Irvin-lite.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well keeping upside in mind:

1-Dion Jordan
2-Ziggy Ansah
3-Bjeorn Werner (people hate on him b/c of his workout numbers, but he was the most dominant pass rusher in college football last year, I think he does great in the NFL despite lacking elite athleticism of other elite pass rushers)
4-Tank Carradine
5-Barkevious Mingo (if he lives up to his upside/potential he is #1 or 2 on this list, but his problem, unlike Ansah and Jordan, isn't b/c of experience, it's because he just hasn't put it together yet despite the experience and coaching and having great talent around him.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
His bench press still baffles me. How can you be so big and have no power like that?
I see a lot of Aaron Maybin there with Moore. Interested?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Of those guys...

1. Dion Jordan
2. Barkevious Mingo
3. Jarvis Jones
4. Cornellius Carradine
5. Ezekial Ansah
6. Bjoern Werner
7. Damontre Moore
8. Sam Montgomery
9. Alex Okafor
10. Datone Jones
11. Margus Hunt
12. Corey Lemonier
This is a pretty good list except, I wouldn't even have Jarvis Jones on my board, certainly not as high as #3. He'll have to play for a 3-4 defense and can never be asked to drop into coverage, plus his spine problems, leaves little room for greatness.

Dion Jordan will be a sensational pass rusher once his injury heals and he can again return to weight lifting, his a year behind in his physical development because he couldn't do weights all last year.

I think Mingo will be just a step behind Jordan, he has all the requisities to be a top pass rusher, also needs to build up his strength to pro standards.

Ansah is very hard to predict, he is all boom or bust but will need at least 2 years more before he is a productive player.

Carradine and Werner will be solid pros but not really special.

7 through 12 are all decent prospects but non of them really stand out as pass rushers.

For me at least, the DE crop overall turned out to be a disappointment, initially I thought it would be a far better crop overall. There talent there but only 2 on paper that seem to have potential to be great pass rushers.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
He's a good player. The character concerns which have emerged during the pre-draft process are certainly worrisome, but nonetheless he has good size and length, is an adequate athlete, and has been productive against the highest level of competition. If he fails, it will probably be for reasons unrelated to talent. I personally find it pretty difficult to evaluate him because I like what I see on tape, but obviously we can't really get to know him aside from by watching and reading interviews.
No, no he is isn't. Put aside the fact that you can't find anybody to say a good word about him as a person and he's still a mid-round talent at best. He's a very stiff player with one of the worst get offs you'll find. Can't bend the corner at all and gets stuck far too much in his pass rush and struggles to disengage. Really having a hard time seeing why some think he'll be a successful NFL pass rusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Cornellius Washington. Remember the name.

He's the guy who's gonna have everyone saying 6 months from now: How did we miss this guy?
I'm a sucker for athletic specimens especially at a position like DE. I loved what I saw from him at Senior Bowl and was a big fan of his, up until yesterday. I watched a ton of video on him going back to 2010 which was supposedly his best year and he played a lot more DE in a 40. In all those games I can count the number of plays he made on one hand. In the 2010 tapes he wasn't even remotely close to being on Houston's level who he was playing across. He is a straight line athlete only who struggles to do more than one thing. He either just plays the run or just pass rushes instead of playing the run on the way to the QB. That's why he's such a non-factor as a stand-up edge player. I'm with you that having a large repertoire of moves is overrated but he is exclusively speed-to-power rusher and I've yet to see him use a counter once but part of that might just be because he looks really stiff and can't really effective make inside moves. Don't think he tested his agility times at the combine. I REALLY want to like him and I probably had higher than anybody other than you and ATL but after going back and giving him a thorough viewing, he just wasn't doing it for me anymore. I still hold out hope that he gets to play some wide-9 and thrives but I just don't know with him anymore.

edit - didn't realize he ran his agility times at UGA's pro day. 4.74 shuttle and 7.47 3 cone. ouch.

I was ready to post my own pass rush rankings (led by Tank) but I have to figure out where to put Corn before I post them. Once I figure that out I shall post a list instead of just being a negative nancy, sh*tting on players other people like.

Last edited by TACKLE : 04-16-2013 at 05:23 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't think he goes in the 2nd. In fact, he might not even go in the 3rd. I think he's a mid 3rd rounder, might fall to the 4th.

If you look at where he's ranked amongst pass rushers, there's a good 10 guys ahead of him on most lists. I just don't see how he goes in the 2nd round with that many pass rushers in front of him.
He's my projection to be this year's Bruce Irvin.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
PTPaQ
Rookie

PTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I like the two Georgia boys. Jarvis for obvious reasons, and as a couple mentioned on the first page, if the right Coordinator can get ahold of Cornelius Washington he can explode.

Last edited by PTPaQ : 04-16-2013 at 05:37 PM.
PTPaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. E. Ansah
2. B. Werner
3. C. Carradine
4. J. Jones
5. D. Jordan
6. D. Moore
7. M. Hunt
8. D. Jones
9. A. Okafor
10. C. Lemonier
11. S. Montgomery
12. B. Mingo

It's hard to project some of them, because I see where they could be and I see where they are and it's a huge gap (Margus Hunt).
Old 04-16-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad someone else doesn't like Mingo. In February I thought Dion Jordan was gonna be the next Aaron Maybin. Now I give that distinction to Mingo.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Glad someone else doesn't like Mingo. In February I thought Dion Jordan was gonna be the next Aaron Maybin. Now I give that distinction to Mingo.
Some people on here will consider what you just said "fighting words".

I like Mingo, but I certainly don't love him.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-16-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I see two guys at LSU with major character issues and limited upside. Mingo is very Maybin-esque.

I was a huge Mingo fan last year [and so-so on Montgomery], but I watched them a bunch this year and came away thinking they were college pass rushers who wouldn't be successful in the NFL.

I project both of them in the 3rd day at this point.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Mingo is very Maybin-esque.

Maybin....

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-16-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

1. Damontre Moore
2. Jarvis Jones
3. Bjoern Werner
4. Sio Moore
5. Sam Montgomery
6. Chase Thomas
7. Alex Okafor
8. Brandon Jenkins
89. Barkevious Mingo
90. Dion Jordan
91. Ezekiel Ansah
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Based off of strictly the ability to rush the passer; the top 5 would look something like this..
1) Bjoern Werner - Kyle Vanden Bosch
2) Jarvis Jones - Cliff Avril
3) Damontre Moore - Lamaar Woodley
4) Tank Carradine - Brian Orakpo
5) Alex Okafor - Anthony Spencer