Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 04-17-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i don't get the menelik pick at all and i can't imagine clady doesn't finish his career here. trade him (menelik) for some 6th and 7th round picks or a groundskeeper or something, and you'll be adding better value to the team.

from where you are, DE is a necessity. MLB is a MASSIVE priority, as is a CB who can actually play CB in the NFL.

edit: i'm going to take that back. from the 6th on, it's utterly irrelevant. just take the BPA regardless of position.
Yeah, we really needed to get a better slate of guys in rounds 1-5 than that. Better picks in round 6+ is just lipstick on a pig.

I cannot see us getting past the third without adding a back. It's not that I don't like Taylor, it's just they aren't going to wait that long when a power back is THE missing piece in the offensive puzzle. I think they'll also take a long look at the guys who can play C as we don't have any proven long-term solution at that position.

On defense, gotta do something about MLB. Mind you, the whole approach of looking for team leader type LB's who come from smaller programs later in the draft hasn't actually worked out too badly. Like C, S is a position where we have a whole lot of questions and maybes... probably needs to get some attention in the draft as well.

I think DL will be about an impact guy... if that opportunity arises, they'll grab it. If not, I'd guess they'll take some big DT's later in the draft to provide depth.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i just don't see an S, unless they think he's an instant starter. there's so much stuff backed up there that just adding more bodies doesn't seem like a winning strategy.
Guys they've met with / worked out:

Freddy Young, New Mexico
John Boyett, Oregon
Keelan Johnson, Arizona State
Philip Thomas, Frenso State
Shawn Williams, Georgia
T.J. McDonald, USC

That's a fair amount interest... but then again, it could very well be kicking the tires just to be sure they don't miss out on a potential starter. They've looked at quite a few OTs as well, when we are pretty solid at that spot, so due diligence may be the name of the game.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ok, i'm bored.

which running back do y'all want?
I am a big Christine Michael/Spencer Ware fan.

Ware is an absolute ANIMAL. HE would be such a good goal line back from day one and I really think he could be dangerous a few years down the line.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:30 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hadn't actually looked at either... michael is really interesting. how bad are his personal issues?

ware was intriguing, but his lack of any top end speed at all rubs me the wrong way. i did like his blocking/receiving.
Michael's character problems are the reason he isn't a sure-fire early 2nd rounder. Overslept at the combine but had an interesting excuse, I suppose. I don't know and can't pretend to know the rest of his problems.

He was an absolute stud coming out of HS. Lattimore level talent. Poor headband placement.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...-Michael-63777
Old 04-23-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Draft is obviously in two days. This thread will receive a significant spike in traffic.

Now's a great chance for me to catch up with you all, see how you are all doing. I'm mostly wondering what life occurrences have driven us all to not post as much, as a collective group.

I for one am still in college up here in Boston. It's been a crazy few weeks here. I live about 5 minutes walking from the bombing site and work 3 minutes away. Pretty much sums up how my year has gone. When I'm not busy with school, something else is drawing my attention away from the draft. This will be the first time in nearly a decade that I am not attending the draft in person for any of the two (now three) days.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
Now's a great chance for me to catch up with you all, see how you are all doing. I'm mostly wondering what life occurrences have driven us all to not post as much, as a collective group.
Pain from how last year ended was a significant factor in my reduced interest in the draft. Work and personal life are both a little crazy, but both are my own doing so can't complain too much.

On the draft side of things, Elway's presser re: draft can be found here:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...7-2744fe1d3cc9

Denver Post article on the presser:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...nfl-draft-2013

What I took away:

1. BPA is the way
2. Mixed messages on DL - say they like what they have, but DE at #28 was specifically mentioned
3. They only have 20+ guys with first round grades
4. Definitely looking for RB help in the draft
5. Deep draft for secondary - like what they see there
6. Still taking a look at QBs... seeing if someone is there late who they can develop
7. Want to get a few instant starters out of the draft (RB? MLB? DE? S?)
8. Lots about smoke about Irving or Johnson as starter at MLB... hard to buy that tho considering the lack of onfield production
Old 04-24-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Rcee
Rookie

Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.

I agree, de seems most likely. I'm a fan of carradine, personally, but i wouldn't be upset with either werner or possibly moore either. If we go bpa, I could also see us grabbing a corner too and have really taken a liking to dj hayden.

As far as rb is concerned, I wouldn't really want anyone that is likely to go in the first two days. If pressed, I'd probably go with bell though
Rcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Put your picks in, boys. Who are we gonna select?
My money is on Xavier Rhodes.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bjoern Werner

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Things worked out pretty favorably... I imagine the team was pretty happy to see a big bull for the interior DL slide down to them.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
ZoneMaster67
Rookie

ZoneMaster67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think they should have gone with a DE or CB, but I do like Williams and he will finally be the inside passrush needed. There are still plenty of DE's left and Elway said they're happy with their end situation already so they may wait until later. RB or CB will most likely be the second round pick, all the RB's are still in play so they may be able to wait until the third for that.
ZoneMaster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sylvester Williams is a great pick at our position. Feels like we've longing for a DT in the 1st round for a decade, and we finally nabbed one.

Better late than never.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:40 AM    (permalink
elway=goat
Rookie

elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loved this pick.. I had been hoping for the last 5 years, and this guy is going to be ridiculous stuffing the line. I was hoping he would fall, but DT's of his caliber or less have gone much higher. When I saw he droppped extatic.

Question on him, in college he was able to penetrate and put pressure on the qb at times. Now I have been reading that scouts don't who if he will be able to put pressure on the QB, he would be more of a run stuffer. But I have seen some say be is a nice pashrusher.

What do you guys think? What type of player will he be?

Now that that severe need is out of the way, where do we go from here? They just going to take best player available? Or draft by need? I think our next to picks will be defense. Unless one of the RB's fall to us. We do have holes in the secondary and at the ends. Could use possibly, another ILB.

Elway, Fox and the rest of management have been absolutely fantastic with their drafts so far.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen
elway=goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway=goat View Post
What do you guys think? What type of player will [Sly] be?
My initial reaction to the pick was "meh." Of course, I had never even heard of Sylvester Williams due to my atrocious lack of research this year. Once I watched a few of Ward's highlight films, it became evident that the pick was justified. I think that if he pans out the way we intend, he will things a million times easier for Von.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damontre Moore DE would be ideal for our 2nd round pick IMO.

Also, Johnathon Franklin in the 3rd would make me all kinds of happy.

Last edited by Punisher : 04-26-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Rcee
Rookie

Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.

I think my favorite pick in the second would be lemonier. Not sure I want a rb today, but would be surprised if we didn't grab one.

Really like sly too, outside of carradine, was my favorite player left on the board.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lemonier/Moore/Taylor/Poyer/Swearinger

Lots of good guys to grab here at 58. Jonathan Franklin wouldn't upset me, but I think they can wait until tomorrow to grab a running back.

Damn, I wish the Dolphins hadn't taken Jamar Taylor.

Edit: Montee Ball. Interesting. Not a bad pick.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Last edited by the decider13 : 04-26-2013 at 08:25 PM.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
elway=goat
Rookie

elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on Montee Ball? I think he is a 1st round value, didn't he have concussions or something? I know he was the one who was out into the hospital, after being jumped..

Concussions concern me. My dad says they said on ESPN he had like 8k yards rushing in highschool? Seems like durability issue possibly? Dunno..

Would rather have went defense, but if I like the way he runs. Should give us an option to clear the clutter off our rb position.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen
elway=goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who the hell is Webster?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Ball's durability is not in question - he's been a workhorse for the Badgers. He's also extremely sure-handed, which is nice after some of the fumble-itis we've endured at the RB position. The guy has great vision, knows how to use his blockers and makes good cuts - that's a good fit for all the stretch and zone plays we run. He's a guy I wanted to see in a Broncos uniform, so I'm pretty happy with this pick.

As for Webster, I gotta admit I know very little about him. Looking back, his stock seemed to be all over the place prior to the draft. Obviously they like his speed... hopefully his measurables translate onto the field.

From a position perspective, hitting DT - RB - CB in the first three rounds seems about right. What's next? WR and LB seem very likely. Do they grab Barrett Jones if he keeps sliding (we're not exactly solid at C)? A late round flyer on a QB wouldn't come as a surprise either.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Rcee
Rookie

Not a fan of ball but it's not a surprising pick. I like webster but don't know if the value was three. He's a physical duder and solid tackler.

I still think the pass rush needs to be addressed. Gut wrenching to see lemonier go to the 9ers 2 picks before us st 90. I'm crossing my fingers for one of brandon jenkins, devin taylor, quenterrus smith or trevardo williams.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Webster really any better than Omar Bolden? I fail to see how that selection improved the team at all. And I like Ball, but I'd rather have Franklin or Lacy. Kind of disappointing.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 04-27-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
after spending an evening thinking about it, i outright hate our second day, and think it would've been really difficult to do much worse. ball is garbage. he won't beat out moreno. webster could've been had 5 rounds later. just awful drafting.
I'm just curious as to why you hate Montee Ball. I don't even think it's possible to analyze the kid because every hole he ran through was 8 feet wide.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Rcee
Rookie

I love quenterus smith, really like sylvester, but everything else feels pretty "meh"
Old 04-27-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
he gives me the exact same feeling i got from moreno when he came out.
Bingo. At least we didn't use a 1st rounder on Ball.

WELCOME REALITY