Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 04-16-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DTs who formerly had weight issues and have quit on their team aren't attractive to me. DTs at the top of Rd1 are scary anyway. Very hard to hit on fat guys who give an honest effort after getting paid.

Star isn't Haloti Ngata. Not even close imo. If he goes all out on every down, he might prove worthy of that pick. I just have a hard time using such a high pick on a guy who's predominantly a run defender. I don't think he'll affect the QB enough to warrant the 3rd overall pick.

Ideally, we'll be able to trade down. If we can pull that off 2-3 times, I'll dub McKenzie a football god.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
FutureScout319
Rookie

FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
DTs who formerly had weight issues and have quit on their team aren't attractive to me. DTs at the top of Rd1 are scary anyway. Very hard to hit on fat guys who give an honest effort after getting paid.

Star isn't Haloti Ngata. Not even close imo. If he goes all out on every down, he might prove worthy of that pick. I just have a hard time using such a high pick on a guy who's predominantly a run defender. I don't think he'll affect the QB enough to warrant the 3rd overall pick.

Ideally, we'll be able to trade down. If we can pull that off 2-3 times, I'll dub McKenzie a football god.
He quit for a year on his football team in Junior College he did not quit on Utah. Star is a far better and more disruptive pass rusher than you are giving him credit for. Despite being consistently double teamed all season long he completely dominated multiple games in the pac-10 the last two years. Star is great vs the run but his run stopping ability is a bit over hyped, he is to aggressive at times and gets killed on delays on a regular basis as he is to interested in getting up the field as a pass rusher. Star has an amazing 1st step he is very explosive and will consistently get after the QB in the NFL. Star is a complete DT which is why he is so highly regarded but its his ability to get after the QB that is what makes him special. His only real weakness is his heart condition if not all teams clear him medically and the fact that he needs to develop more pass rushing moves and not depend so heavily on his bull rush. With Star's great footwork, over whelming strength and ability to easily shed blockers with good coaching he will be unstoppable in the NFL. Star is a pass rusher who is always in the backfield putting pressure on QB's he just happens to be great vs the run as well.

Last edited by FutureScout319 : 04-17-2013 at 11:36 AM.
FutureScout319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:08 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureScout319 View Post
He quit for a year on his football team in Junior College he did not quit on Utah.
Oh. Well. That changes everything. Quitting is measured by the quality of people you quit on. I never realized that.

In any event, he may well prove to be an NFL stud. I just don't trust him.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I dont like when people act like Ngata was a slam dunk top prospect...there was much debate over who was better between him and bunkley. Star is incredibly similar to ngata and even tested a bit better. Hes not Suh, but hes definitely in the same tier as ngata was as a prospect, the similarities are almost uncanny..."not even close" is really off, it is very close even if you can claim to be in love with ngata that year. If that draft happened again ngata would go first overall, but thats all hindsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

njx9, you're fighting a losing argument here, at least regarding Ayers. You don't draft a defensive end in the first round to be a two down player. With 6.5 sacks in four seasons, Ayers hasn't lived up to what the Broncos wanted from him at his draft spot: he's producing like a fifth round pick, not a first round pick.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great 1st round pick for the Jets.

I find myself cringing when I get to the 2nd round because I expect to see something awful like Nassib, so Bernard is OK by me, I'd rather fill a need like S or TE with the 2nd pick like Ertz or Reid (didn't check if they were on the board, if not, its a tough spot for us). Bray is one of the QBs I like the most, can potentially become a pro bowler, or can bust, no in between I feel, which for a 3rd round guy is perfect. Not sure if he's a great fit for a west coast offense though, but still I'd rather have Bray than most of the QBs in this draft.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
FutureScout319
Rookie

FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FutureScout319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh. Well. That changes everything. Quitting is measured by the quality of people you quit on. I never realized that.

In any event, he may well prove to be an NFL stud. I just don't trust him.
He was in a tough place in his life and was considering giving up football all together, ever since he recommitted to football he has been a great team mate and giving his all to his team.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
FutureScout319
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
njx9, you're fighting a losing argument here, at least regarding Ayers. You don't draft a defensive end in the first round to be a two down player. With 6.5 sacks in four seasons, Ayers hasn't lived up to what the Broncos wanted from him at his draft spot: he's producing like a fifth round pick, not a first round pick.
Preach On, this is exactly what I have been saying, although i think he has been playing like a 3rd round player.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
FutureScout319
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Great 1st round pick for the Jets.

I find myself cringing when I get to the 2nd round because I expect to see something awful like Nassib, so Bernard is OK by me, I'd rather fill a need like S or TE with the 2nd pick like Ertz or Reid (didn't check if they were on the board, if not, its a tough spot for us). Bray is one of the QBs I like the most, can potentially become a pro bowler, or can bust, no in between I feel, which for a 3rd round guy is perfect. Not sure if he's a great fit for a west coast offense though, but still I'd rather have Bray than most of the QBs in this draft.
I love Bray, personally I think he is the only QB with enough upside for me to consider in the 1st round, but due to his inconsistency and some maturity issues I think 3rd round will be perfect for him. I like him in the west coast offense if he can work on his footwork, he shows great accuracy when he sets his feet it just is far to inconsistent, and with his arm talent he will be able to really open up that offense and potentially help bring the talent of Stephen Hill to his full potential.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

solid saints picks

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote