Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are so many pictures of people with backpacks in those areas it isn't even funny. None of these pictures are time-stamped to know when during the 4+ hours of race they were taken.

How bout the Navy Seals with packs standing at ground-zero of the 1st blast? Are they suspects also?
Old 04-18-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freaking NY Post bout to get sued.

Quote:
On Monday, the New York Post doggedly stuck to its claim that 12 were killed in the Boston Marathon bombings. On Tuesday, CNN (among others) reported that a suspect had been arrested, before walking that all the way back. Today, the Post wrests back the "what the **** are you doing?" crown by putting two "potential suspects" on the cover of the newspaper. They are most assuredly innocent.

The pair show up in multiple photos of the finish line. They carry large bags. They are dark-skinned. This was enough for internet sleuths to peg them as suspicious. (They show up here, in Gawker's rundown of "suspects" identified by crowdsourcing on Reddit and 4chan.) And that was apparently enough for the Post to run with its front-page story today, claiming investigators are circulating photos of the two. (The photo on the paper's cover is a cropped and zoomed-in version of the one taken by Ben Levine, which appeared on Deadspin on Tuesday.)

But maybe there was a reason for them to be at the marathon, wearing track jackets and carrying bags: they're runners.

The kid in the blue jacket is a middle-distance runner at Revere High School. Last week he ran the two-mile in 11:20. Here he is, training either for global jihad or a track meet:

Yesterday he caught wind that his name and social media profiles were being circulated online, and he did what any teenager would do: He panicked. He made his Facebook timeline private, and in one message now no longer visible, he announced he was going to clear his name.

Going to the court rightnow!! **** is real. But u will see guys I'm did not do anything

(We're not naming the guy or linking to his Facebook page, a pointless courtesy, but we figured we should extend it in this instance.)

Witch hunts end as quickly as they begin. Today on CBS This Morning, John Miller specifically said these two are not the suspects the FBI is seeking. This Boston Globe story sheds more light on the images authorities are using to track down the suspects, and their description makes clear it's not a high schooler and his friend:

The official said that the two suspects were seen separately on videotape — one at each of the two bombing sites, which are located about a block apart.

There's also the matter that his bag isn't even the same color as the one recovered from the scene.

Reddit is panicking too. In the "FindBostonBombers" subreddit, the top post tells users to stop spreading the images of these two, and urges people to delete anything already posted that identifies them.

(The second-top post reads, "Media outlets, please stop making the images of potential suspects go viral, then blaming this small subreddit for it.")

But that's the internet, with some degree of anonymity and expectation for inaccuracy. How will the Post explain away its front cover ("Bag Men"), and the top story still there on the website ("Men in Sights")? Presumably authorities distributed many photos of people with large backpacks and duffel bags. How did these two end up with their brown faces splashed all over the world? Do we even need to ask?
http://deadspin.com/the-boston-bombi...-kid-476001019
Old 04-18-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I agree with the witch hunt, web sleuth stuff being stupid, I think it's pretty clear the guy on the left is pretty white.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
Old 04-18-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NY Post should be shut down.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-18-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
As much as I agree with the witch hunt, web sleuth stuff being stupid, I think it's pretty clear the guy on the left is pretty white.
And white guys have NEVER done anything bad throughout the history of white men..? This comes off extremely bigoted.

And it shouldn't be a witch hunt, this should be an investigation. With due process. I realize we should get the person/people responsible, but not at the cost of other innocent people's time, our investigator's time and resources. The fact that people are even ok with the idea of a witch hunt without due process shows just how broken the system we live in is.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
Old 04-18-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seriously hate the NY Post. They are a complete joke of a newspaper and need to be sued and shut down. This isn't the first time they've done something like this. They used to spew such hate in some of their articles it amazes me how they are still in business.

They seriously need to get shut down. They are a complete joke of a newspaper and should not be treated as such.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
And white guys have NEVER done anything bad throughout the history of white men..? This comes off extremely bigoted.

And it shouldn't be a witch hunt, this should be an investigation. With due process. I realize we should get the person/people responsible, but not at the cost of other innocent people's time, our investigator's time and resources. The fact that people are even ok with the idea of a witch hunt without due process shows just how broken the system we live in is.
lol wut?

I was just pointing out that Deadspin's assertion that they were targeted b/c they were both brown skinned is wrong. One guy looks pretty lily white to me and was targeted anyway.

Maybe people aren't quite so bigoted? That wouldn't make for good "journalism" though.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol wut?

I was just pointing out that Deadspin's assertion that they were targeted b/c they were both brown skinned is wrong. One guy looks pretty lily white to me and was targeted anyway.

Maybe people aren't quite so bigoted? That wouldn't make for good "journalism" though.
I understood what you were getting at, but it's never too early to play the racism card in any discussion.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
Old 04-18-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I understood what you were getting at, but it's never too early to play the racism card in any discussion.
lol. Agreed.

And EAW is cool. The mis-read isn't a big deal and I could have been clearer.

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 04-18-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I seriously hate the NY Post. They are a complete joke of a newspaper and need to be sued and shut down. This isn't the first time they've done something like this. They used to spew such hate in some of their articles it amazes me how they are still in business.

They seriously need to get shut down. They are a complete joke of a newspaper and should not be treated as such.
How does it amaze you they are still in business? In an industry ruled by sensationalism and placing emotion over truth, the New York Post is at the forefront, like the Fox News of newspapers they rile people and that's what the people want.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
This is for everyone in the future: THE NY POST SHOULD NOT BE CITED IN ANY NEWS STORY.

Thank you.
I said this after someone cited the Post the day of. It still stands.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol. Agreed.

And EAW is cool. The mis-read isn't a big deal and I could have been clearer.
Yeah, I'm sorry, I've seen a lot of racist people writing ignorant things, and the way I read that in my head made it seem like another one of those. I know most of the people on here don't fall in line with that type of thinking which is why I try to refrain from saying "you're being a bigot/racist/etc" and stick with "you sound like..." I've had a few of those myself, where I write something that could be interpreted differently than how I intend. The one problem with the internet is that they haven't found a way to communicate tone.

Sorry Flying Elvis.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
Old 04-18-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Yeah, I'm sorry, I've seen a lot of racist people writing ignorant things, and the way I read that in my head made it seem like another one of those. I know most of the people on here don't fall in line with that type of thinking which is why I try to refrain from saying "you're being a bigot/racist/etc" and stick with "you sound like..." I've had a few of those myself, where I write something that could be interpreted differently than how I intend. The one problem with the internet is that they haven't found a way to communicate tone.

Sorry Flying Elvis.
All good, bud. Thanks.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two observations:

1. I wonder if the guy who sent all those packages to the politicians is a Breaking Bad fan. The only time I've ever heard of ricin is from the show. Is that where he got the idea?

2. The guy in the blue kind of looks like Collin Kaepernick from the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 04-18-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Photos of the suspects:

Old 04-18-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder why there hasn't been photos or videos released of these new suspects either setting their packs down at the blast sites or walking without their packs?

It would certainly relieve some doubt in a questioning mind.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's get photos of every person in Boston who's got a backpack...

That's one of the most backpackingest cities in the world, man.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WEEI has been reporting all day that sources have told them the FBI has photo evidence and their reports seem to match the pictures above.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Let's get photos of every person in Boston who's got a backpack...

That's one of the most backpackingest cities in the world, man.
Those most recent pictures were "officially" released by the FBI.

That's why I question why there can't be more convincing footage to make me feel more strongly towards these back-packers than the rest.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coincidence?

Old 04-18-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might be him, might not be him, either way not a good time to be Sunil Tripathi.

Feed Moncrief
Old 04-18-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That 22 year-old Brown student has been missing since March 16.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...epression.html
Old 04-18-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is it that these guys are believed to be involved? Because they have back packs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also evidence of them dropping their backpacks and leaving them according to the FBI. I would think if the FBI officially released this package of photos and videos they are very very sure these are the two.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-18-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Also evidence of them dropping their backpacks and leaving them according to the FBI. I would think if the FBI officially released this package of photos and videos they are very very sure these are the two.
Which is why I ask... Why not show a picture of them without the packs since they have evidence proving they dropped their packs?

They have video footage of these two walking all over the route, yet no pics or vids of them without the packs to calm my skepticism?

None of these pictures or videos even show these two at either blast site. At least the pics of the "Navy Seals" shows them standing at ground-zero with their packs.