Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-18-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
kingdomcome
Rookie

kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cordarralle Patterson/Tavon Austin Wonderlic

Cordarrelle scores an 11 of 50 = stock slips

Austin scores a 7 of 50 = stocks stays the same

I hear Austin could get taken by the Eagles at #4.
kingdomcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome View Post
Cordarrelle scores an 11 of 50 = stock slips

Austin scores a 7 of 50 = stocks stays the same

I hear Austin could get taken by the Eagles at #4.
Wonderlic score didn't affect Patterson's stock, if anything, interviews would.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The eagles are apparently interested in everyone from Austin to Lane Johnson to Ezekial Ansah to Geno Smith to EJ Manuel. It's almost faster to say who they are not interested in.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I don't care about the Wonderlic.

That being said, how the hell do you score a 7?!?!?

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Wonderlic is more important for some positions than others. I'm more concerned with WHY they scored so low. If they actually tried, I'm okay with it. But if they completely blow it off, randomly guess on everything or just stop taking it halfway through, then I'm concerned. This is the biggest interview of your life and if you aren't going to take it seriously, I don't want you.

But seriously, how do you score a 7? Simply guessing every question, odds are you get a 12 or 13. Either Austin tried to seriously answer every question and it just took so long he only finished a quarter of it, or he blew it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
kingdomcome
Rookie

kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont put much in to the wonderlic either. Can the player play football? They devote their time to training and working out. Not to be a rocket scientist.

Answer to Shane: Yes, you are probably right. His interview probably dropped him and not the wonderlic. Its kind of funny how players drop because of interviews. So what, the kid talks with a different dialect. Its because he is from a different cultural setting.
kingdomcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome View Post
I dont put much in to the wonderlic either. Can the player play football? They devote their time to training and working out. Not to be a rocket scientist.

Answer to Shane: Yes, you are probably right. His interview probably dropped him and not the wonderlic. Its kind of funny how players drop because of interviews. So what, the kid talks with a different dialect. Its because he is from a different cultural setting.
Interviews have nothing to do with a guy's dialect. He has to do with answering questions about the job you are expected to do, and for football, drawing out plays, showing that you have the mental capacity to handle the FOOTBALL stuff. Also starts digging into character, drive, leadership, etc.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People who score really low on the wonderlic likely got hung up on one question, so only answered say 10 questions out of the possible 50 in the 12 minutes allowed. I highly doubt they answered 7 out of 50 questions right. Or even 25 questions for that matter.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
But seriously, how do you score a 7? Simply guessing every question, odds are you get a 12 or 13.
It's only an average. Random guessing gives you scores from 0 to 50. So, some have to score under 12-13. Austin was "unlucky" maybe. Or maybe he really tried. (there are tons of reasons smart people do poorly on tests, including anxiety)

Maybe he's dumb as a box of rocks.

I know someone who got a 70 on is final exam by guessing B-C-C-B-C-C-B-C-C...
Old 04-18-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not put too much into wonderllic scores for WRs. I mean AJ Green scored something like 10 on it.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its not uncommon to do horrible on it....most of these guys are dummies and most of them couldnt care less about taking the test regardless.

I do think its funny that people knock patterson for being dumb, but its not even talked about with the other guys that couldnt pass a 3rd grade spelling test
Old 04-18-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I recently watched Game Changers and it was quickly apparent that Patterson is a DIVA and I could absolutely see that turning some teams off, aside from whatever their other character concerns are with him. Austin was not on the show, but from everything I have read and interviews I have seen, he comes across as a very humble, quiet kid who just shows it on the field.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The eagles are apparently interested in everyone from Austin to Lane Johnson to Ezekial Ansah to Geno Smith to EJ Manuel. It's almost faster to say who they are not interested in.
I'm noticing the same. Any and every player is instantly linked to the Eagles. Watch them trade out of that pick too.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I'd love to see them take Manuel at 4 haha. Those are the draft picks I live for.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there a link for Philly's interest in Austin?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Personally, I don't care about the Wonderlic.

That being said, how the hell do you score a 7?!?!?
I'd say ask Vince Young or Frank Gore but they'd be too dumb to understand the question/
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you asked Chris Johnson what 3+5 was he would say "aye watch dis i can run reel reel fast"

Mo Claiborne and Patrick peterson were both under 10....a lot of dummies play football
Old 04-18-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
PiedmontPanther
Rookie

PiedmontPanther hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Seems like teams are throwing out character/intelligent concerns here late on Patterson with the hotel/wonderlic stuff.More than likely it's teams further down trying to get him pushed to them.

Stick to your board it you're further up IMO.
PiedmontPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have a feeling one of these 2 will be a Ram, especially if Warmack, Cooper and Richardson are gone by 16
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO it's less about guys being stupid and more about elite football prospects blowing off the Wonderlic every spring.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
If you asked Chris Johnson what 3+5 was he would say "aye watch dis i can run reel reel fast"

Mo Claiborne and Patrick peterson were both under 10....a lot of dummies play football

Run, catch, block (optional), eat, sleep, party. The life of a WR. Doesn't take a chemical engineer to be a WR in the NFL.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah yes, the annual "Player X is dumb." thread. As has been said ad nauseam, there are several reasons a person could score poorly on these tests, and lack of intelligence is only one of them.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiedmontPanther View Post
Seems like teams are throwing out character/intelligent concerns here late on Patterson with the hotel/wonderlic stuff.More than likely it's teams further down trying to get him pushed to them.

Stick to your board it you're further up IMO.
I agree. Well see how far he falls on draft day. It's strange that all these negatives didn't come out until his stock reached its peak.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more interesting tidbit is that OP "hears" Austin is in play for Philly at 4.

He's DAT 2.0 for Chip Kelly. Probably better on a trade-down but I'd have Austin in my top 10 and would have no problem with him going 4th.

But where did he "hear" this?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
I'd say ask Vince Young or Frank Gore but they'd be too dumb to understand the question/
I was just about to mention Frank. Dude scored a 6 on the wonderlic and every coach we've had since then always gushes about how smart he is and how fast he picks up the offense.

You were probably being sarcastic but if not... Lay off my boy Frank
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote