Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-18-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

I was liking your list until I came upon the "Pass Rusher / DE" section and saw that you had the three "most likely to bust" players as your Top-3. Ugh.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
No Gerald Hodges?
Hes #20..........
Old 04-18-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Hes #20..........
Shane musta ninja'd him in there! haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Shane musta ninja'd him in there! haha
I did! Thanks to Grizz for pointing it out. Thus the rough part

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the reasoning for Keenan Allen being down at 6?

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Logan Ryan is going to make you look bad rating him that low. He will end up being much better than the 13th best CB in this class.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
really? leveon bell that far down? i feel like i'm mostly hearing he's being slept on and should be higher, not lower. especially not lower than a guy who may be unable to play again. why don't you like him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
He's sluggish, too sluggish for the NFL. Just doesn't have the get up and go once he gets the ball that I think will make for him getting on the field. Not a great blocker for his size. Both him and Ball, I'm meh on.
I was just watching Bell again last night, and he was looking pretty legit to me. He was making me think of a more explosive Shonn Greene. He can't catch anything, but he's a physical runner with some burst, and something that stands out when I watch him is that he doesn't hesitate to hit a crease, which is a critical trait for a big back in the NFL. I was having to ask myself if there's a significant difference between him an Eddie Lacy, aside from exposure.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Renfree is awfully low, don't you agree?
I think he'll be a quality backup for a long time
Old 04-18-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wanted to say excellent job, Shane. These are clearly your rankings and not someone else's rankings channeled through you.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
RB:

1. Eddie Lacy, Alabama
2. Giovanni Bernard, North Carolina
3. Mike Gillislee, Florida
4. Johnathan Franklin, UCLA
5. Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
6. Christine Michael, Texas A&M
7. Montee Ball, Wisconsin
8. Le’Veon Bell, Michigan State
9. Joseph Randle, Oklahoma State
10. Andre Ellington, Clemson
11. Stepfan Taylor, Stanford
12. Knile Davis, Arkansas
13. Jawan Jamison, Rutgers
14. Ray Graham, Pittsburgh
15. Kenjon Barner, Oregon
16. Spencer Ware, LSU
17. Cierre Wood, Notre Dame
18. Miguel Maysonet, Stony Brook
19. Michael Hill, Missouri Western
20. Zac Stacy, Vanderbilt
21. Rex Burkhead, Nebraska
22. Chris Thompson, Florida State
23. Theo Riddick, Notre Dame
24. Michael Ford, LSU
25. Kerwynn Williams, Utah State
26. Dennis Johnson, Arkansas
27. Stefphon Jefferson, Nevada
28. George Winn, Cincinnati
29. Montel Harris, Temple
30. Ronnie Wingo, Arkansas
31. DJ Harper, Boise State
32. Robbie Rouse, Fresno State
33. Onterio McCaleb, Auburn
I will bet you right now there are at least 3 and probably closer to 10, RB's you have below Lattimore who will rush for more career yards in the NFL than Marcus ever does.
I LOVE the guy so much, but just no way. He's never going to be more than a shell of his former self, and he's most likely going to be more injury-prone than the others... and that's even IF he makes it back enough to make an NFL roster thru a camp & pre-season.

Talent-wise, he was #1, but he's on the Marcus DuPree path, sadly.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I was just watching Bell again last night, and he was looking pretty legit to me. He was making me think of a more explosive Shonn Greene. He can't catch anything, but he's a physical runner with some burst, and something that stands out when I watch him is that he doesn't hesitate to hit a crease, which is a critical trait for a big back in the NFL. I was having to ask myself if there's a significant difference between him an Eddie Lacy, aside from exposure.
SEC conference..... that's it. Bama.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Just wanted to say excellent job, Shane. These are clearly your rankings and not someone else's rankings channeled through you.
I appreciate that and appreciate that compliment more than you know.

As for Renfree, he's hurt and not a starter to begin with, so meh.

As for Lattimore, I'm not going to doubt him. Dude has his head on right and just gets it. If his body can hold up, he'll be a good one. I'll take that risk.

I like Lacy's short are quickness and foot movement a heckuva lot more than Bell. And the SEC Conference nor the Big Ten are exactly known for their RBs currently.

I like Keenan Allen, I do, but I can talk myself out of him. Good, aggressive player pre catch, but often goes down without a fight,, not as good after the catch as I'd want. ehhhh, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't in the Top 5 WRs off the board, and I like my Top 5 better.

Sucks because I like Logan Ryan actually. Just a hard guy to fit in.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
As for Lattimore, I'm not going to doubt him. Dude has his head on right and just gets it. If his body can hold up, he'll be a good one. I'll take that risk.
I appreciate your rankings as well, and that you go out on some limbs.
People fail to realize that looking back 10 years on every draft, you have at least 50% busts in the typical top 100, so going against the grain is fine.

As for Lattimore, I love the kid, and yes he has a great head on his shoulders. That I do trust.
But to make it in the NFL, as a RB, it's the body, leg, knee that matters most.
I love him though so I hope he gets paid......
Old 04-18-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why so low on Okafor Shane? Dont see him putting up the #s in the pros? Aside from very solid collegiate #s? Too Slow? Just curious.

I really like Okafor and think he is a top 5 DE in this years class.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Keenan Allen, I do, but I can talk myself out of him.
perfect way to word it
Old 04-18-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will never fully understand your love for Robert Alford and Mike Gillislee. Gillislee honestly looks like just another guy to me. I don't see anything special about this game whatsoever.

I do share your love for Kiki <3 though.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Lacy's short are quickness and foot movement a heckuva lot more than Bell. And the SEC Conference nor the Big Ten are exactly known for their RBs currently.
That's what I'd thought, too, and maybe I just happened to watch a couple of Bell's better games, but I was surprised at how quick he looked. He looks plenty sudden for the NFL, especially at 230 lbs, and he did run a 6.74 3-cone drill at the combine, which is excellent. He runs really hard and physical, but also like Lacy, he is good at protecting himself and giving out shots when defenders leave themselves open, but not exposing himself unnecessarily. I think Bell's got pretty good feet and awareness, too, and was surprised that I thought so. I remember having a pretty "meh" opinion of him after 2011, but I watched Iowa and Boise State from this year and came away impressed. (I also don't know if I'd want to judge a running back by how other players from his conference are doing.)

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, just check out the touchdown run 30 seconds in. When I watch him I see a decisive, occasionally violent runner with good vision and cutting ability who runs with strength and gets yards after contact all day. Can't catch a thing, but he can block and get you short yardage. I know some people don't like player comparisons, but a faster, leaner, stronger LeGarrett Blount comes to mind. He and Christine Michael are going to have a bigger impact than people think, in similar roles. I think of them and Eddie Lacy as sort of a trifecta in this draft of power backs, each with a little different style.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 04-18-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where the hell am I, Hallam?! You know me! Michael Buchanan, projectable pass rusher from Illinois!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post

Where the hell am I, Hallam?! You know me! Michael Buchanan, projectable pass rusher from Illinois!
I love you Michael!!!!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 04-19-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
PTPaQ
Rookie

PTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPTPaQ is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm really feelin the Gillislee rank...

I like him a lot too.
PTPaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

I just can't get real excited about Gillislee. Poor-man's Donald Brown to me.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I just can't get real excited about Gillislee. Poor-man's Donald Brown to me.
Love the way he glides. Was the whole offense and did very well in the SEC. I'm sold.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 04-19-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree with you on Hopkins. He'll be the best WR from this class 5 years from now. I'd flip Rhodes w/Trufant though.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Love Lattimore, still don't think he, SADLY, ever amounts to anything in the NFL.
He's never going to be the same guy. Those wheels are what once made him special.
Never will have those wheels again, dammit.

There are at least 12 RB's after him on your list I would take ahead of him because this is a results-oriented business, not a popularity contest.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescri...e/Default.aspx

Quote:
Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier called running back Marcus Lattimore the most popular player in team history. It's probably because he never felt sorry for himself after suffering a torn left ACL in mid-2011 and then three torn ligaments and a dislocated right kneecap Oct. 27 last season.

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports one scout said, "I've had trainers tell me he's so far away. One told me he's not going to make it back ever. Others say he'll get back to a certain level. It's a tough repair and a tough rehab.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just looking over this and holy hell the LBers are deep. I mean like, I could see guys ranked in the 20s being very productive guys. Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote