Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-17-2013, 05:36 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So has Allen fell off anyones wish list yet after the latest red flag? After this and the possibility of his knee still having issues, Im leaning towards Hopkins or Hunter.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
So has Allen fell off anyones wish list yet after the latest red flag? After this and the possibility of his knee still having issues, Im leaning towards Hopkins or Hunter.
I've had Hunter as my #1 overall WR all year, but not for the Vikings. I think he'll struggle in the underneath and intermediate game, which is where Ponder lives. Allen has been and still is my #2 WR, but is my top choice for the Vikings. Unless his agent is lying, and he possibly could be, then Allen did not fail a drug test and didn't even have to go in for a re-test for that. (Link) Even if he did fail the drug test, it doesn't bother me. The guy on the field has been a beast, and would be a perfect guy to play opposite Jennings. If he would slide into the second round, I'd be all over him trading up to get him, but personally, I'd take him at 25 or even 23 if I thought Indy might take him. I like Hopkins as my #3 WR and would be very happy with him in the first, but to me he's a step behind Allen, Hunter, and even Patterson as far as upside goes, but I think he's much safer than Patterson.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just did the forum mock and I am happy with who I drafted. It's looking now like Allen and Ogletree may not even be chosen in the first but I really like those two as prospects. Had Jarvis Jones made it one more pick I would have taken him at 22. After doing the mock I am seeing huge value in later rounds. So many guys will be chosen late that I think can make an impact on this team. In any case, here is who I drafted.

1(23) - Alec Ogletree ILB
1(25) - Keenan Allen WR
2(52) - Sylvester Williams DT
3(83) - Jordan Poyer CB
4(102) - Ryan Nassib QB
4(120) - Shawn Williams SS
5(155) - Eric Herman OG
6(189) - Reggie Dunn WR/RS
7(213) - Cooper Taylor OLB
7(214) - Charles Johnson WR
7(229) - Keith Pugh OLB

With a week to go until the draft, I would love to hear who everyone here would target early and later.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want Allen. I'm praying for Hopkins. I think he's a good fit for us and reminds me a lot of Roddy White.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ian Rapoport tweeted this out about 45 minutes ago.

Quote:
From Total Access: Hear #Vikings want to move up in draft from 23 or 25. Want CB & WR. Moving up would likely mean WR: Austin or Patterson?

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:18 AM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

I would hope it's Austin. I have a lot of questions about Patterson, and I do not think he would be the greatest fit here. As far as WR's are concerned, my list would be:

1. Austin
2. Hopkins
3. Allen

I'd be happy with any of the three. I still like Allen, despite the poor offseason he has had.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBandit24 View Post
I would hope it's Austin. I have a lot of questions about Patterson, and I do not think he would be the greatest fit here. As far as WR's are concerned, my list would be:

1. Austin
2. Hopkins
3. Allen

I'd be happy with any of the three. I still like Allen, despite the poor offseason he has had.
Yeah same I would hope its Austin or a CB (Milliner or Rhodes) but I'd really rather not to trade up. I'd much rather see us take some at 23 and trade back at 25 with a team who wants to get back into the 1st round to get a QB.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Yeah same I would hope its Austin or a CB (Milliner or Rhodes) but I'd really rather not to trade up. I'd much rather see us take some at 23 and trade back at 25 with a team who wants to get back into the 1st round to get a QB.
Ditto. I like Austin but I dont think he's worth one of our high picks to move up. There are plenty of quality WRs in this draft. I wouldnt be shocked if the Vikes take 2 defensive players with there first 2 picks and grab a WR in the 2nd round.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know almost nothing about this draft compared to past years.

Are the rumors of Patterson falling legit? I think he'd fit in pretty well in our offense.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I know almost nothing about this draft compared to past years.

Are the rumors of Patterson falling legit? I think he'd fit in pretty well in our offense.
Yea I think for a relatively unproven player who is also somewhat of a project player, interviews are extremely important so he could really drop if his interviews were really as bad as people are making them sound. I don't really like him even where we are right now let alone trading up for him for the fact that I think this year we really have to figure out what we have in ponder, so we need an nfl ready guy to give him a chance to show what he can do with some real weapons. My guy this year is deandre Hopkins. while he may not have the upside of patterson, he is gunna be better from day 1 and still be a very good player for a long time. Keenan Allen would also be awesome, I'm having a hard time deciding who I would rather have.

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Ditto. I like Austin but I dont think he's worth one of our high picks to move up. There are plenty of quality WRs in this draft. I wouldnt be shocked if the Vikes take 2 defensive players with there first 2 picks and grab a WR in the 2nd round.
Yeah same here. If we stay at 23 and 25 I see us taking Teo'o and then the best CB/DT available which should be Trufant and one of the Williams DT.

But I could also see this scenario:

1 (23) - Manti Teo'o
1 (25) - Trade Back with either the Eagles, Bills and Jags and pick up their 2nd round selection
2 (Selection from trade) - Robert Woods
2 (52) - BPA in CB/DT.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Allen run a 4.8 or something? Those guys don't work out often, Jerry Rices and Anquan Boldins are few and far between.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I do know that I don't want Teo'. Way too much of his hype comes from quarterbacks throwing passes directly to him. I'd be happy with him in the 3rd, but very frustrated if we took him in the first.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I do know that I don't want Teo'. Way too much of his hype comes from quarterbacks throwing passes directly to him. I'd be happy with him in the 3rd, but very frustrated if we took him in the first.
Just from all the reports coming out about the Vikings interests in him, I'd be almost shocked if we didn't take him. He had a great college career regardless of the Alabama game. The Alabama game did open your eyes to see that he does have flaws but before that game and the scandal he was considered a Top 10 pick for a reason. I was very high on him in the beginning of the season and I was hoping we could get him because of what he can bring to the team not only on the field but off the field in the locker room. He is a motivator and players are drawn to him and to follow his lead. He wants to be great and wants to prove his haters wrong which is something you can't really teach. So I would be satisfied with taking him in the 1st round.

As for Keenan Allen I was high on him as well until the poor 40. He has a injury history as well so that is starting to scare me.

I know there were reports about how we were at the USC Pro Day and we went to see Robert Woods and we also hung out with him even after the pro day and from what I remember the last WR we did that with was Percy Harvin so it might just be a smokescreen but I think its a legit interest in him.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you are right in that the Vikings will take Te'o. Fills a position of need and may be underrated now. That said I just don't think he can be an effective leader anymore. I have no respect for the guy and I imagine many players feel the same way. He was incredibly overrated when all that top 5 talk was happening and I do question if he will be able to hold up mentally but I trust Speilman.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen used to be my top choice, but the apparent slow recovery & slow 40 times have moved him down my wishlist.

I would be fine with drafting Teo. I would prefer to get him in the early 2nd after a trade down. As far as him being a leader in the locker room, i am not really concerned about that need. With guys like Allen & Greenway on the def, we don't really need that from Teo. Now, if we wouldn't have been ******** & cut Winfield, i would have no concerns at all about the leadership role. Hopefully we are smart & re-sign Allen.

I also don't really want the Vikings to be trading up in the 1st round. We have enough needs that we need to actually acquire more picks via trade down. If really are a solid top 50-75 players, let's grab as many of them as we can.

Regardless, i am excited to finally have the draft only a few days away. Pretty exciting to have a couple of 1st round picks. I honestly believe that the Vikings will be trading down from one of those picks.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't Allen run a 4.8 or something? Those guys don't work out often, Jerry Rices and Anquan Boldins are few and far between.
It was 4.71 and 4.75, but reports were that the muscles around his knee were only back to around 70%, so I'm not worried about that at all. He looks like a mid 4.5 guy on tape and that is plenty fast enough for a guy like him. If you're worried about anything with him, it should be his slow recovery - which still doesn't bother me - not his speed.

I don't want to see the Vikings trading up unless a guy like Millner or Richardson or someone like that were to fall. I just don't see the difference in value between the guys that are going to go around 10-15 and the guys that will be there at 23, 25, or even 35 for that matter.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
It was 4.71 and 4.75, but reports were that the muscles around his knee were only back to around 70%, so I'm not worried about that at all. He looks like a mid 4.5 guy on tape and that is plenty fast enough for a guy like him. If you're worried about anything with him, it should be his slow recovery - which still doesn't bother me - not his speed.

I don't want to see the Vikings trading up unless a guy like Millner or Richardson or someone like that were to fall. I just don't see the difference in value between the guys that are going to go around 10-15 and the guys that will be there at 23, 25, or even 35 for that matter.
I also don't really want to see the Vikings trade up. If they do I hope it's for a CB and not a WR. I wouldn't mind trading up for a DT but I think a really good one can be had late in the first.

Right now I see holes that need to be filled immediately as WR, CB, DT, MLB. Trading up would make it really tough to fill those holes. Without trading up I think there is a decent chance a good starter can be found in the draft to fill each of those needs.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that guard is another position that needs an upgrade. This is why i hope for a trade down to get an opportunity to grab another top 100 pick/player
Old 04-20-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the reports that the Vikes are looking to move up, any interest in going to #8? The Bills are desperate to move down with the amount of holes we have, and just 6 picks. I can't see us asking too much, nothing more than like a 2nd rounder and a 3rd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Still seems spendy to me. I don't even know who the Vikes would be targeting at 8.

Floyd? Star? Warmack? Milliner?
Old 04-20-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Still seems spendy to me. I don't even know who the Vikes would be targeting at 8.
Would you be opposed to Austin at that point?
And maybe a 2 and a 4? I'm not asking for much (but who am I to say lol). I know the Cowboys gave up a 2 to move from 14 to 6 last year. This would be a bit more (23 to 8). But that was also for Claiborne, the best CB in the draft. This would (presumably) be for Austin, a controversial receiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

I think that speilman et all feel that jarius wright will fill the harvin role, so we won't draft Austin, much less trade up for him. But what do o know.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I think that guard is another position that needs an upgrade. This is why i hope for a trade down to get an opportunity to grab another top 100 pick/player
Completely forgot about G. A guy I really like is Eric Herman and he can be had later in the draft.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Ok boys. Assuming that the Vikes are looking to trade up, i think that the most likely partner is the Jets with #9, #13, & looking like they are entering rebuild mode looking for more picks.

What would you be willing to give up to get one of those picks & who do you think (not necessarily want) the Vikings to target with one of those picks?