Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Berlin - Capital of Ze Germanzzzz
Posts: 1,092
Reputation: 658178
SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
You had me at "Hello."

Bjoern Werner

I'm really not sure what this guy's value is at this point, but I suppose I could get behind the pick. He's more of a LDE, but we could open up that spot by moving Lamarr Houston inside where he belongs.

Jamar Taylor
He's getting some Rd1 chatter, and he addresses a need position. I could see it.

DJ Swearinger
Quality prospect that fills the gaping hole at FS. I'd raise a toast to this one. Usama Young might hold him off for a season, but no more.


Vance McDonald

Another solid prospect at a vacant position. I like it.


Quality Raiders mock, even if it does completely ignore the offensive line. I suppose there'll be options there in Rd4.
1: TBH I thought it was already decided, that Houston would move inside next year. Regardless, I agree that thats where he belongs.
As far as Werners value, this is probably the highest I could see him go, and even this might be just a slight reach. Depending on wether or not 3-4 teams see him as a fit at OLB I dont think he slips out of the Top 20, and I would be shocked if he slipped beyond the Vikings at #25.
I dont understand why so many people (Experts, pundits and common draftniks a like) keep picking Shariff Floyd or Lotulelei to the Raiders. Given the state of the Raiders defense, I think the need to add an explosive edge rusher far outweighs the need to add another DT. Given the state of the Raiders defense, they could do a lot worse than the trio of Houston/Pat Sims/Vance Walker imo.
Werners best position probably is LDE, but he is still developing as a football player, and he possesses some of the traits needed to succeed on the right side as well. Regardless of position, he would give the Raiders a much needed boost on the outside.

2: Not much to add about Jamar Taylor. Its just a nice value meets need selection in my mind.

3: Im probably the biggest DJ Swearinger fan on this board, and I think he would be a great pick for the Raiders. Him and Tyvon Branch can compliment each other in a lot of ways. I also love the attitude and tenacity he brings to the table. Just not sure heŽll be available in the 3rd round.

4: Given Matt Flynns physical limitations, I think he would benefit greatly from having a huge target like McDonald working the short and intermediate areas in the middle of the field. He could be a very good safety valve, as well as a dangerous red zone target.

5: Agree that Oakland could need upgrades along the o-line. My reasoning for the first 3 picks was simply, that I think the Raiders need to give Dennis Allen the best chance to succeed, and you do that by giving him as many impact players on defense as possible. After reading your comments I went back to the board, and found players like Alvin Bailey, Dallas Thomas, Jordan Mills and Xavier Nixon still available. They could be solid picks in round 4 or later.
__________________
Justin Tucker is a better and more productive NFL player than Brandon Graham.

Last edited by SunTzu_22 : 04-18-2013 at 08:00 PM.
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Berlin - Capital of Ze Germanzzzz
Posts: 1,092
Reputation: 658178
SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Quality saints mock. Not the biggest fan of cyprien but its not a bad pick and the rest is solid.

that being said i wouldve gone a different route
1.31 Datone Jones
2.31 Robert Woods
3.13 Jamie Collins
3.31 John Jenkins
ArenŽt New Orleans pretty set at DE? I figured they would start Cameron Jordan and Akiem Hicks at those two spots?
__________________
Justin Tucker is a better and more productive NFL player than Brandon Graham.
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeBrown133
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 40
Reputation: 0
BuckeyeBrown133 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

I truly loathe any mock where a QB is given to Cleveland before the late rounds. Let Weeden be already. Safety, Guard, any 3-4 Linebacker or even a Wide Receiver would be much better there.
BuckeyeBrown133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,799
Reputation: 167514
Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBrown133 View Post
I truly loathe any mock where a QB is given to Cleveland before the late rounds. Let Weeden be already. Safety, Guard, any 3-4 Linebacker or even a Wide Receiver would be much better there.
Weeden is trash. Browns should take a qb early this year and let the real garbage teams like the raiders and jets fight over bridgewater next year. :)
__________________
Twitter noob: @Rob_Pisano
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeBrown133
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 40
Reputation: 0
BuckeyeBrown133 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Weeden is trash. Browns should take a qb early this year and let the real garbage teams like the raiders and jets fight over bridgewater next year. :)
Yeah, great draft for a team to take a QB high, especially when you have one with just a year of experience and a new system that will be built more to his strengths.
BuckeyeBrown133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,799
Reputation: 167514
Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBrown133 View Post
Yeah, great draft for a team to take a QB high, especially when you have one with just a year of experience and a new system that will be built more to his strengths.
He's going to be 30 soon, he should consider retiring.
__________________
Twitter noob: @Rob_Pisano
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:41 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rotterdam, NL
Posts: 8,677
Reputation: 246080
wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
ArenŽt New Orleans pretty set at DE? I figured they would start Cameron Jordan and Akiem Hicks at those two spots?
i think they should do that but at the moment they are contemplating moving hicks around. This would give us young outside starters and some depth.

You are right though that i mainly like the pick because of value, cyprien does fill a way bigger need, just dont have a first round grade on the kid
__________________

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:34 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Not Oakland, CA
Posts: 20,930
Reputation: 2324382
nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
1: TBH I thought it was already decided, that Houston would move inside next year. Regardless, I agree that thats where he belongs.
As far as Werners value, this is probably the highest I could see him go, and even this might be just a slight reach. Depending on wether or not 3-4 teams see him as a fit at OLB I dont think he slips out of the Top 20, and I would be shocked if he slipped beyond the Vikings at #25.
I dont understand why so many people (Experts, pundits and common draftniks a like) keep picking Shariff Floyd or Lotulelei to the Raiders. Given the state of the Raiders defense, I think the need to add an explosive edge rusher far outweighs the need to add another DT. Given the state of the Raiders defense, they could do a lot worse than the trio of Houston/Pat Sims/Vance Walker imo.
Werners best position probably is LDE, but he is still developing as a football player, and he possesses some of the traits needed to succeed on the right side as well. Regardless of position, he would give the Raiders a much needed boost on the outside.

2: Not much to add about Jamar Taylor. Its just a nice value meets need selection in my mind.

3: Im probably the biggest DJ Swearinger fan on this board, and I think he would be a great pick for the Raiders. Him and Tyvon Branch can compliment each other in a lot of ways. I also love the attitude and tenacity he brings to the table. Just not sure heŽll be available in the 3rd round.

4: Given Matt Flynns physical limitations, I think he would benefit greatly from having a huge target like McDonald working the short and intermediate areas in the middle of the field. He could be a very good safety valve, as well as a dangerous red zone target.

5: Agree that Oakland could need upgrades along the o-line. My reasoning for the first 3 picks was simply, that I think the Raiders need to give Dennis Allen the best chance to succeed, and you do that by giving him as many impact players on defense as possible. After reading your comments I went back to the board, and found players like Alvin Bailey, Dallas Thomas, Jordan Mills and Xavier Nixon still available. They could be solid picks in round 4 or later.
I am with you on your reasoning for each of those players except for Werner. I agree the Raiders need explosive edge rushers. However, I don't think Werner is really that explosive as an edge rusher. In this situation, I would almost rather go with Chance Warmack. Ideally, I would see a trade down again from here to pick up more 2nd/3rd rounders. Maybe I'd go with DJ Fluker.
__________________

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,299
Reputation: 287194
Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
8: Buffalo Bills: Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia.
38: Arizona Cardinals: Matt Barkley, QB, USC.

41: Buffalo Bills: Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse.
63: Kansas City Chiefs: Robert Woods, WR, USC.

71: Buffalo Bills: Brian Winthers, OG, Kent State.
73: Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State.
82: Oakland Raiders (f/Miami/Chicago) Vance McDonald, TE, Rice.
87: Seattle Seahawks: Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Mississippi.
I'll preface this by saying that this is a solid Bills mock, nice job.

Listening to the Bills brass (usually dont do alot of smoke screening, just keep some things close to the vest), it sounds to me like Barkley is #1 (Nassib is #1 on mine, but I think #2 on thiers) on their board, and they have openly talked about their belief that there are 2 or 3 franchise QB's in this draft. I just dont see how they risk not getting one at 41. IMO they are going to try to trade down from 8 and take a QB, move up from 41 into the first and take one (least likely given they have 6 picks and want at least one more), or take one at 8. Kolb is getting back up/bridge starter money, and is not the long term answer IMO.
That would obviously change the 2nd round pick, IMO to a reciever most likely, and with Scott Chandler real iffy for next season, I think TE is a need they might not be able to ignore early, rumors (they have met with him and speak highly of) are they like McDonald alot.
I am a big Collins fan (1st round talent high) and would love to see that pick in the 3rd round myself.
Barkley/Woods/McDonald is how I see them going all things considered.
__________________
An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.
-Buddha-
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Akon777
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7
Reputation: 0
Akon777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Great Dallas mock...Rambo makes a little more sense in the 3rd but other than that you definitely addressed huge needs.
Akon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeBrown133
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 40
Reputation: 0
BuckeyeBrown133 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
He's going to be 30 soon, he should consider retiring.
There are too many other needs (and better players available) for the Browns to go QB. Period.
BuckeyeBrown133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Berlin - Capital of Ze Germanzzzz
Posts: 1,092
Reputation: 658178
SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I am with you on your reasoning for each of those players except for Werner. I agree the Raiders need explosive edge rushers. However, I don't think Werner is really that explosive as an edge rusher. In this situation, I would almost rather go with Chance Warmack. Ideally, I would see a trade down again from here to pick up more 2nd/3rd rounders. Maybe I'd go with DJ Fluker.
Let me rephrase about Werner. Its not that I think he is the second coming of Dwight Freeney or anything, but his first step of the snap is really good imo. He anticipates the snap well, and shoots out of his stance. I like his ability to translate that first step into upper body power upon contact with the OT. Now he definitly needs to refine his pass rush moves, and play with better leverage consistently, but he has the tools to do so. I see a lot of Patrick Kerney in his game. He might never contest for the sack title, but I could see him be on of those extremely solid contributors, who brings 50 tackles and 9-10 sacks year in year out.
If the Raiders somehow get out of the top 10, I agree that moving down into the 20s would be great for them. Given how deprived the Raiders are of talent right now, and how much quality there is later in the draft, that would be a dream scenario for them.
__________________
Justin Tucker is a better and more productive NFL player than Brandon Graham.
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Berlin - Capital of Ze Germanzzzz
Posts: 1,092
Reputation: 658178
SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I'm not a fan of Te'o. I'd prefer Brown, Minter, Rhodes, Austin, or Eifert. I like Long in the second though.
Completely agree. I would pick any of those players ahead of TeŽo if I were the Bears GM. I just get the feeling, that teams arenŽt to worried with the questions that sorround him. I try to be objective about Manti, but maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me, and I want him of the board before the Ravens are on the clock.. :-)
__________________
Justin Tucker is a better and more productive NFL player than Brandon Graham.
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Green Bay , WI
Posts: 7,193
Reputation: 108778
49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

That is a lot to trade up sf , I like it. however, I think sf stays put at 31 for now ..
__________________
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.