Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-17-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default DJ Hayden, CB, Houston

I think everyone knows by know he tore his anterior vena cava during practice a few weeks back and was in the hospital almost a week. I think he is as the ability to be a very productive corner in the NFL if he can return 100% from his injury. What are thoughts on him and anyone know if he will be able to play again?
Spaceboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow no thoughts on this kid that survived terrible odds???
Old 11-24-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Hayden is home and resting now. Should have full recovery!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
bulldog0123

That's great that he is recovering. I really liked him before the injury.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Mayock has DJ Hayden the #3 corner on the board!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10...spect-rankings
Old 03-22-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know that anyone takes him as the 3rd CB, but that's about where he'd be without that injury. I'm thinking late 3rd to early 4th for him. I feel like taking guys like this can work out great if all things work out for him.

After the first 3 rounds, I'd go after guys who have earlier round talent but had injury issues or guys that were big time talents in HS that had issues in college, whether with injuries, off field or stuck down on the depth chart.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If there wasn't the injury i think his game has the kind of potential to be a Top 5 corner in this class, and he's going to be worth a mid round gamble to hope that he'll be have no ill-effects from this injury.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayock said, if his medical checks out, he's a first round pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Mayock said, if his medical checks out, he's a first round pick.
I can see second round, but I don't think first round is a possibility. Mayock likes him as a prospect, but this feels like a case where he's overplaying it a bit so he can be the one to say he was a big supporter and then the final rankings at the position will have Hayden sitting at the bottom of the top 5.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If one team likes him enough, then he will be a first round pick. Maybe Mayock is listening to someone who thinks that.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:01 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If one team likes him enough, then he will be a first round pick. Maybe Mayock is listening to someone who thinks that.
Dontari Poe was a Top 15 pick last year so I guess really anything is possible.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DJ Hayden is in a position that he could go absolutely anywhere in the draft. Bottom of the 1st to UDFA.

I could see some team getting an absolute steal if he drops to day 3.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was conservative and put Hayden as a mid-rounder in my last rankings update due to the medical questions but there is no question he is a Top 100 talent. It doesn't sound like there will be any long-term ramifications from the injury so I will be moving him up in the next update.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Dacitykats
Rookie

Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.

really like him as a prospect, any info on his medicals?
Dacitykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
bulldog0123

If anybody wants to see how good he is, just watch the Houston vs Penn State bowl game. He was making plays.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His fate is in the doctor's hands, whatever they say will determine where he is drafted. If they say, he can return 100%, he could go late round 1 or somewhere in round 2, if they give him a doubtful assessment, he'll drop considerably.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayock just said on his conference call that Hayden is his top CB now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Mayock just said on his conference call that Hayden is his top CB now.
I just don't see it. He had a significant injury and has played a little over a year in a conference that's far from the tops. He is a fast player but doesn't have great size or build.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston

-above average NFL speed and quickness
-small and slender, injury came after a tackle attempt in a pile
-His number one positive is how quickly he breaks on the ball, his number two positive is how well he plays m2m trail technique in the hip pocket of the receiver
-small, zero in run support, easily blocked, sometimes pushed all the way down the field
-quick
-natural cover ability in m2m
-terrific breaks on the ball
-coushin gets eaten up, gets stacked on vertical routes, but good recovery speed and plays the pocket (good for trail). he can get beat deep
-not a great tackler, but makes some saving stops
-can't catch
So these are my notes on him.

My impression was meh. But as I look back on these notes, I think I missed the point.

Simply put, he has all the attributes of a top CB. NFL teams that are comfortable with his size will take him high.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I just don't see it. He had a significant injury and has played a little over a year in a conference that's far from the tops. He is a fast player but doesn't have great size or build.
5'11" 190+ is pretty standard size for a CB. I'm confused, I guess.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I' am not really sure where he is going to go, I would say 15-32 right now.... but wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him taken over Rhodes or Milliner... Lets face it, guys that are phenomenal M2M guys never get very far in the draft, especially if the medicals are cleared (like they have been rumoured to be).
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I was conservative and put Hayden as a mid-rounder in my last rankings update due to the medical questions but there is no question he is a Top 100 talent. It doesn't sound like there will be any long-term ramifications from the injury so I will be moving him up in the next update.
Not to be a smartass, but what is the difference between a mid round grade and a top 100 talent? Doesn't that basically mean the same thing?

I'm just curious where you would have him if he weren't a medical risk, because I've seen people say he's a first rounder and other say he's a 4th rounder.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

He is going in the first round
Old 04-19-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
5'11" 190+ is pretty standard size for a CB. I'm confused, I guess.
Yeah, it's standard not great.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Yeah, it's standard not great.
True, but you mentioned it like he doesn't have qualities that could make him a top-CB.

Saying someone is fast but doesn't have great size reads to me that he might be undersized.

He's bigger and faster than Trufant.