Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about prime Sabonis?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
What about prime Sabonis?
Was a beast in Europe, unfortunate that he waited so long to come over so we'll never know.

Tony Parker is probably the second best European NBA player ever. Pau has an argument too.

Last edited by yo123 : 04-19-2013 at 10:11 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's not better than Dirk.
********. You have no idea.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
********. You have no idea.
No, I definitely do.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
No, I definitely do not.
There we go.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was a nice sharpshooter, but he didn't rebound at all, was a meh passer and didn't perform as well as he should have. Dirk is just much better and more impactful. Dirk is probably the most influential player of the naughts.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-19-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where's the argument for Petrovic.... his p36 stats? He's a career 15ppg guy. Dirk has played 14 years in the NBA at 22ppg/8rpg, 11 AS games, 4x All NBA, 5x 2nd team All NBA, 3x 3rd team All NBA, with a ring and a finals MVP. The only one even close to those kind of stats is Tony Parker and Gasol.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nepg be trollin.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sabonis would've been.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think his knees would have imploded before he had the type of long term impact Dirk has had. Dirk isn't just the best Euro ever, he's one of the best NBA players of all time.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I still think his knees would have imploded before he had the type of long term impact Dirk has had. Dirk isn't just the best Euro ever, he's one of the best NBA players of all time.
It probably would've been a classic better peak vs. longevity debate.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
It probably would've been a classic better peak vs. longevity debate.
Right, but not only would Dirk have the longevity argument, his peak was pretty outstanding. 25/9 with the rare 50/40/90 split is ridiculous and he almost did it twice, four years apart. His ring and finals mvp sealed the deal.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Sabonis was a damn good player in his 30s with no knees. If he had been in the NBA when he was in his 20s, he would have been...ummm...I need a good comparison. A smarter and much better version of Sheed?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-19-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I think you've probably seen more of him in Europe and I'm mostly operating on other people's accounts of him over there but a later-career version of Webber?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'd say Marc Gasol, tbh.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I'd say Marc Gasol, tbh.
Maybe if he was more athletic, bigger and could shoot 3's.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He was just coming into his own when he was killed in the car crash so we will never know. He definitely had the talent though, and his country men believe he would have been a superstar for years.

I remember in the Vlade 30-30 on him and Petro - they showed the part where he went right at Jordan and was dropping buckets on him.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I think you've probably seen more of him in Europe and I'm mostly operating on other people's accounts of him over there but a later-career version of Webber?
Ehhhhh. I still think mine is a bit more appropriate, because of Sheed's range (that he abused and ruined) as well as his defensive prowess. Sheed was never great because of how stupid he was, but Sabonis would have been more of a banger inside.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-19-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Maybe if he was more athletic, bigger and could shoot 3's.
I meant to say Marc Gasol with range. We're discussing late career Sabonis here. Sabonis could barely move, their size is about the same.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I meant to say Marc Gasol with range. We're discussing late career Sabonis here. Sabonis could barely move, their size is about the same.
Sabonis was quicker than you seem to think, and he had NO knees in the NBA.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-19-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vlade Divac is #2 and is much taller than Tony Parker.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I thought we were saying prime, apologies. But their size isn't really comprable as Sabonis was significantly thicker and that's overlooking the 2 inch difference.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I thought we were talking prime too. If we're talking when he was in the NBA he was Vlade Divac.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

NBA wise, Pau is the second best Euro. Overall, it's probably Sabonis or Euro League GOAT Trajon Langdon.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-19-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

What makes you give Pau the clear edge over Parker?