Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good Sabonis article: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...g-strange-trip

Most of Abrams' stuff is excellent really.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would Jennings come out and say they are beating the Heat in 6?

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was he straight up asked if he thinks they're going to win? Because if he was it would be pretty weird if he said no.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Where's the argument for Petrovic.... his p36 stats? He's a career 15ppg guy. Dirk has played 14 years in the NBA at 22ppg/8rpg, 11 AS games, 4x All NBA, 5x 2nd team All NBA, 3x 3rd team All NBA, with a ring and a finals MVP. The only one even close to those kind of stats is Tony Parker and Gasol.
Bat **** crazy, man. Petro has everything going for him. "Sharpshooter"? Yes, but he was also an elite ball handler and slasher. His paying was great for a guy that had to carry the offense. He was a complete guard. Dirk is the one ego is just a nice sharpshooter.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last minutes picks anyone? I'm bookmarking this page so no changing them coughbrodeurcough.

Miami over Milwaukee in 4
Brooklyn over Chicago in 6
Indiana over Atlanta in 5
New York over Boston in 7

OKC over Houston in 5
Grizz over Clips in 7
Denver over Golden State in 5
San Antonio over Lakers in 6

Miami over Brooklyn in 5
New York over Indiana in 7

OKC over Grizz in 6
Denver over San Antonio in 7

Miami over New York in 6
OKC over Denver in 7

OKC over Miami in 7

MVP- Durant
Old 04-20-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First the ketchup and now this. :/

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Hey now, I'm cheering for you guys to come out of the East. Everyone else is crazy boring or the Knicks.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Last minutes picks anyone? I'm bookmarking this page so no changing them coughbrodeurcough.

Indiana over Atlanta in 5
New York over Boston in 7

OKC over Houston in 5
Grizz over Clips in 7

Miami over Brooklyn in 5
New York over Indiana in 7

OKC over Grizz in 6

Miami over New York in 6
OKC over Denver in 7

OKC over Miami in 7

MVP- Durant
Unlike you, I stick to my guns. And yeah, OKC is going to win a title without Harden. I wonder what your fantasy world is like.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Unlike you, I stick to my guns. And yeah, OKC is going to win a title without Harden. I wonder what your fantasy world is like.
What did I flip-flop on?

Your prediction that it would hurt them in the regular season sure worked out well, and Westbrook, Durant, and Ibaka are all better than last year.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess i'll get mine in.

Miami sweeps Milwaukee
Brooklyn over Chicago in 7
Indiana sweeps Atlanta
Knicks over Boston in 5

Miami over Brooklyn in 6
Indiana over Knicks in 6

Miami over Indy in 7

OKC sweeps Houston
Nuggets over Warriors in 5
Clippers over Grizzlies in 6
Spurs over Lakers in 5

OKC over Clippers in 6
Nuggets over Spurs in 6

OKC over Nuggets in 6

OKC over Miami in 7. (more of a wish than a prediction)
Old 04-20-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indiana over Atlanta in 4
New York over Boston in 6

Oklahoma City over Houston in 5
L.A. Clippers over Memphis in 7
San Antonio over L.A. Lakers in 5

Miami over Brooklyn in 5
New York over Indiana in 6

Oklahoma City over L.A. Clippers in 5

Miami over New York in 5
Oklahoma City over Denver in 7

Miami over Oklahoma City in 6
Finals MVP: LeBron James

Last edited by WMD : 04-20-2013 at 12:38 AM.
WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:41 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brooklyn over Chicago in 7
Indiana over Atlanta in 4
Boston over New York in 6 (Sorry BBD)

OKC over Houston in 6
Grizzlies over LA-Clippers in 7
Denver over Golden State in 6

Miami over Brooklyn in 5
Boston over Indiana in 7

OKC over Grizzlie in 6
San Antonio over Denver in 6

Miami over Boston in 6
San Antonio over OKC in 7

Miami over San Antonio in 6

MVP - The King.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious. Pick your All-Time Broadcast Team. Any channel, any time. Studio Crew, In-Game Commentators, Sideline Reporters, the whole she-bang.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:26 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
Just curious. Pick your All-Time Broadcast Team. Any channel, any time. Studio Crew, In-Game Commentators, Sideline Reporters, the whole she-bang.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:15 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
Off the top of my head...

Studio Crew: Chuck, Jalen + whoever. Just let those two talk. Phil Jackson would probably be awesome and maybe throw Bill Simmons in there to keep things moving along.

In-Game Commentator: Marv Albert & Bill Walton

Sideline Reporter:
Not Craig Sager
Old 04-20-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Studio: Chuck, Ernie, Webber, Gary Payton

In Game: Marv Albert & Hubie (Steve Kerr is very good too)

Sideline Don't really care, Erin Andrews I guess
Old 04-20-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard plenty of games where Hubie sounds pretty biased, lost some points for him in my book.

Studio: Ernie, Chuck, Jalen, Simmons

In Game: Marv Albert, JVG, C-Dub

Sideline: any hot piece of ass
Old 04-20-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Studio: Chuck, Ernie, Webber, Gary Payton

In Game: Marv Albert & Hubie (Steve Kerr is very good too)

Sideline Don't really care, Erin Andrews I guess
It was pretty funny to see him just give it up.

He was pretty bad, but he could've gotten better.

He's got a good personality but he was unable to come across coherently sometimes. And he wasn't particularly insightful.

I wish he was still doing it though.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I used to like Hubie but he is super biased.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heat over Bucks in 7 (Bucks win tomorrow)
Knicks over Celtics in 4
Pacers over Hawks in 7
Bulls over Nets in 7

Thunder over Rockets in 5
Spurs over Lakers in 6
Nuggets over Warriors in 7
Clippers over Grizzlies in 6

Heat over Bulls in 5
Knicks over Pacers in 6

Clippers over Thunder in 6
Spurs over Nuggets in 6

Gm 1: Heat
Gm 2: Knicks
Gm 3: Knicks
Gm 4: Heat
Gm 5: Heat
Gm 6: Knicks
Gm 7: ****

Clippers over Spurs in 7

**** over Clippers in 5
Old 04-20-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
It was pretty funny to see him just give it up.

He was pretty bad, but he could've gotten better.

He's got a good personality but he was unable to come across coherently sometimes. And he wasn't particularly insightful.

I wish he was still doing it though.
I thought Payton was amazing actually. He was a PR disaster waiting to happen, but I found him very insightful because of that.

And on Hubie, he can be biased, but he just knows the most about basketball and "teaches" the game better than any other color guy. JVG is also good, but he goes off on tangents far too much.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I think GP clearly didn't enjoy it. He mentioned something about coaching but he hasn't done that either.

Whatever. Maybe he'll be a guest during the playoffs because of the HOF.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I think GP clearly didn't enjoy it. He mentioned something about coaching but he hasn't done that either.

Whatever. Maybe he'll be a guest during the playoffs because of the HOF.
He didn't enjoy it because the producers were in a constant battle with him to tone it down. They also saw the potential for stardom in Webber and thought GP would ruin him (rightfully so). He and Webber loved doing their show and working together though.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I've heard plenty of games where Hubie sounds pretty biased, lost some points for him in my book.

Studio: Ernie, Chuck, Jalen, Simmons

In Game: Marv Albert, JVG, C-Dub

Sideline: any hot piece of ass
Metsox nailed it.

I really don't like Hubie, he treats the audience like we're idiots and there is something about the way he talks that just bugs me.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What bothers me is that Hubie coaches Pau Gasol for many years, and yet pronounces his name wrong. How the **** can you not learn to pronounce their goddamn name when they are the best player on your team?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote