Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-21-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Darrelle Revis Traded to Bucs

I would guess this would certainly mean the Jets would get the 13th pick and something else significant.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--so...150815922.html
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seen somewhere they could target Geno and Austin with both picks in the 1st round, which if they trade for Ivory I guess makes sense to get the foundation of your offense out of the way. If I were them I'd give Fluker a look with one of those picks, and if I were the Jets I'd have wanted a future 1st more so then one this year but it's still great compensation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate this trade for the Jets.

Trade your best player for unproven picks being made by a first year GM.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is hard to get great compensation when such a large contact is involved
Old 04-21-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
I hate this trade for the Jets.

Trade your best player who you would have to re-sign for a 15mil a year extension and cannot franchise tag next year, and he could say no and test the market anyway and you get nothing for unproven picks being made by a first year GM.
Fixed.

Oh and any GM is > Tannenbaum, first year or not. I don't see how it being his first year should have any impact on whether or not this trade is good.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I seen somewhere they could target Geno and Austin with both picks in the 1st round, which if they trade for Ivory I guess makes sense to get the foundation of your offense out of the way. If I were them I'd give Fluker a look with one of those picks, and if I were the Jets I'd have wanted a future 1st more so then one this year but it's still great compensation.
I'm not sure the Jets are going to be able to get Geno at 9. If they want to move up to 1 though that's fine with me!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm not sure the Jets are going to be able to get Geno at 9. If they want to move up to 1 though that's fine with me!
Keep dreaming. They're looking to move back.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Keep dreaming. They're looking to move back.
Everyone is looking to move back. Its not that easy though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great job by the jets. they are more than 1 year away anyway, might as well go in rebuild mode instead of sitting on an asset with only a few more years of shelf-life anyway.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Dominik doing his buddy Idzik a solid by helping him. Terrible trade for the Bucs.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoJoeBucsFan View Post
Dominik doing his buddy Idzik a solid by helping him. Terrible trade for the Bucs.
Here's the thing. For it to be a bad trade you pretty much need to assume that Revis hits the market in 2014 if the Jets don't trade him, and that no other team would trade for him after the draft if the Bucs were to back out. It would be a bad trade if and only if Revis hits the market in 2014 and the Bucs could have won a bidding war for Revis.

I think if the Bucs don't trade for Revis, the Jets sign him to an extension. Getting a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2015 for the guy would be a huge failure as an organization. Regardless of his high maintenance, you can't just let the guy walk for free, that's why the last contract we had clauses such as him needing to show up to workouts and not being able to holdout. So the idea that 'the Bucs had all the leverage because they were the only ones trying to trade for him' goes out the window, because there is another team involved, the Jets themselves.

Factoring all that in, I think the deal is good for the Bucs, but obviously better for the Jets. We'll just have to see what the additional compensation is and what Revis' contract looks like to really make a final judgment.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just an absolute terrible trade by the Bucs. Revis is great, but he has been injured multiple times, he is a me first player who seems to only care about his next contract, and who knows how he'll come back from the ACL injury.

Why not stay put and grab Xavier Rhodes. He'll be $12 million per year cheaper, allowing you to sign two or three more quality starters. He younger. And they are also probably giving up a 3rd, which could be turned into a solid contributor. I feel for Greg Schiano, he's going to be going back to the college game in a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Just an absolute terrible trade by the Bucs. Revis is great, but he has been injured multiple times, he is a me first player who seems to only care about his next contract, and who knows how he'll come back from the ACL injury.

Why not stay put and grab Xavier Rhodes. He'll be $12 million per year cheaper, allowing you to sign two or three more quality starters. He younger. And they are also probably giving up a 3rd, which could be turned into a solid contributor. I feel for Greg Schiano, he's going to be going back to the college game in a few years.
Injured multiple times? Before 2012 he only missed 3 games in 5 years, that's phenomenal. And the Bucs won't make the trade if their doctors tell them his knee won't be 100%.

Because 1st round corners never bust? Even if Rhodes turns out to be good, what are the odds that he'll be better than Revis? Practically zero.

I love how the guy is heralded as the best defensive player in the game but then gets one ACL injury and all of a sudden its horrible to trade the 13th pick for him. He's still only 27 years old. He's still the best corner in the game. Calm down with the Bucs hate.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a great trade for the Bucs. Players of Revis's caliber don't come along because most management isn't dumb enough to trade away somebody who gives their team an absolute advantage every time they step out onto the field. Teams should be looking to find players like this and desperately hold on to them once they do.

People think way too much about paying a singular non-QB a lot of money. You're going to be able to manage your roster if you continually draft well and say no to the players that aren't worth the money. For the Jets Santonio Holmes and David Harris are the poster children for why the Jets decided to trade Revis. Both are quality starters, but their talents do not fundamentally change the game like Revis's do, and they paid too much for them. So while everyone says you can get 2-3 starters with the money you pay Revis, I'd rather have the talent you can't find anywhere than paying a solid player $5 million when you may be able to find a similar player in the draft or free agency for pennies on the dollar.

The Bucs will be fine if they can successfully draft and develop some quality young players behind the highly paid starters they currently have. If they do so then they simply added the best player in the league at their position of greatest need. They added one of the 15 best players in the NFL for a relatively low price.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Injured multiple times? Before 2012 he only missed 3 games in 5 years, that's phenomenal. And the Bucs won't make the trade if their doctors tell them his knee won't be 100%.

Because 1st round corners never bust? Even if Rhodes turns out to be good, what are the odds that he'll be better than Revis? Practically zero.

I love how the guy is heralded as the best defensive player in the game but then gets one ACL injury and all of a sudden its horrible to trade the 13th pick for him. He's still only 27 years old. He's still the best corner in the game. Calm down with the Bucs hate.
Yes, he held out and injured his hamstring. He came back and he injured it again. Then he tore his knee up. There are three injuries, which is multiple.

Will Rhodes be better than Revis? Probably not. But Rhodes, a third round pick, another pick (fifth round?), and $12 million dollars per year? Yeah, I'll take that over Revis any day of the week.

He is one of the top defensive players in the game (I won't say top, I prefer pass rushers because you can just throw away from a corner), but he is five years older and coming off a serious injury. Will he be back to his same level of play?

But my biggest thing is his me-first attitude. He holds out in 2010. Fine, I get that. You are on your rookie contract. But just two years after signing a 4-year, $32 million deal, he threatens to hold out again. Tampa will sign him to a big deal ($15 million is just ridiculous, but if they want to give it to him whatever). Then some other defensive player signs a $17 million a year deal in 2014. Wouldn't be surprised to see Revis hold out again wanting to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 04-21-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pretty much agree with jr. I'd also say that while Revis is very easily and clearly the best CB in the NFL, the "Revis Island" thing is mostly media hype. He gets plenty of Safety help.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Honestly, if Philly doesn't take him, who does? I see a draft day fall for him.

I think Cleveland likes EJ Manuel better and rumor has it, Atlanta could be targeting the 6th pick to get Milliner, as they love him and see him as an elite prospect.
]
Buffalo likes Barkely and Nassib better. I think Geno is a Jet.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Honestly, if Philly doesn't take him, who does? I see a draft day fall for him.

I think Cleveland likes EJ Manuel better and rumor has it, Atlanta could be targeting the 6th pick to get Milliner, as they love him and see him as an elite prospect.
]
Buffalo likes Barkely and Nassib better. I think Geno is a Jet.
The Jaguars are taking Geno.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 04-21-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Jaguars are taking Geno.
What part of smoke screen don't you understand/
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, he held out and injured his hamstring. He came back and he injured it again. Then he tore his knee up. There are three injuries, which is multiple.

Will Rhodes be better than Revis? Probably not. But Rhodes, a third round pick, another pick (fifth round?), and $12 million dollars per year? Yeah, I'll take that over Revis any day of the week.

He is one of the top defensive players in the game (I won't say top, I prefer pass rushers because you can just throw away from a corner), but he is five years older and coming off a serious injury. Will he be back to his same level of play?

But my biggest thing is his me-first attitude. He holds out in 2010. Fine, I get that. You are on your rookie contract. But just two years after signing a 4-year, $32 million deal, he threatens to hold out again. Tampa will sign him to a big deal ($15 million is just ridiculous, but if they want to give it to him whatever). Then some other defensive player signs a $17 million a year deal in 2014. Wouldn't be surprised to see Revis hold out again wanting to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.
I'll take the guy who works hard and cares about winning even if he's a pain in the ass about his contract. He's actually a pretty solid leader even if he wants to make sure that he gets every cent that he can.

I also highly doubt if Revis gets a big contract he'll hold out again. He's held out twice, and both times he was fairly justified to hold out. The first time he was under drafted comparatively to his talents so he leveraged that into getting a bit more money which it turns out he was worth, and the second time he was woefully underpaid. He threatened to hold out a 3rd time, but he ultimately never did.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Jags interest in Geno could be pretty legit. They've got the owner's son trying to do this moneyball jazz, and Geno comes out looking pretty good statistically. Also, Blaine Gabbert is obviously the worst starter in the NFL and the new regime probably wants to replace him ASAP.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
This is a great trade for the Bucs. Players of Revis's caliber don't come along because most management isn't dumb enough to trade away somebody who gives their team an absolute advantage every time they step out onto the field. Teams should be looking to find players like this and desperately hold on to them once they do.

People think way too much about paying a singular non-QB a lot of money. You're going to be able to manage your roster if you continually draft well and say no to the players that aren't worth the money. For the Jets Santonio Holmes and David Harris are the poster children for why the Jets decided to trade Revis. Both are quality starters, but their talents do not fundamentally change the game like Revis's do, and they paid too much for them. So while everyone says you can get 2-3 starters with the money you pay Revis, I'd rather have the talent you can't find anywhere than paying a solid player $5 million when you may be able to find a similar player in the draft or free agency for pennies on the dollar.

The Bucs will be fine if they can successfully draft and develop some quality young players behind the highly paid starters they currently have. If they do so then they simply added the best player in the league at their position of greatest need. They added one of the 15 best players in the NFL for a relatively low price.
I agreed with most of what you said up until the end...let me assure you, there will be nothing cheap about trading for Darelle Revis. Not having the picks will stunt the building of your team, and the contract will be huge. The Bucs just haven't had salary cap issues to speak of. But wait a couple years until it's time to start re-signing your core players and see how much it sucks to have that $16 million on your cap chart. Oh, not to mention his upcoming holdout in 2016...he's going to want $21 mil a year. And he will get it. Somehow he always does.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

From rotoworld:

Buccaneers acquired CB Darrelle Revis from the Jets in exchange for the No. 13 overall pick and undisclosed compensation in the 2014 draft.
Revis' agent announced on Twitter that his client has agreed to terms with Tampa Bay, finalizing the trade and his new contract. Coming off a torn ACL, Revis passed his Bucs physical -- after passing a Jets physical with flying colors last week -- and remains on track to return at full speed before training camp. We'll have full trade compensation and Revis' contract details in a future blurb. But neither side is turning back now. It's a done deal.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Sooo everyone saying how this was a bad deal for the Bucs, where you at now:

"Bucs signed CB Darrelle Revis to a new six-year contract that makes him the highest paid defensive back in NFL history, but includes ZERO guaranteed money."

No guaranteed money and the additional compensation? A 2014 conditional 4th rounder. Wow. Not so sure this was a particularly good deal for the Jets now I would've loved to have extended his contract if it was 0 guaranteed money.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sooo everyone saying how this was a bad deal for the Bucs, where you at now:

"Bucs signed CB Darrelle Revis to a new six-year contract that makes him the highest paid defensive back in NFL history, but includes ZERO guaranteed money."

No guaranteed money and the additional compensation? A 2014 conditional 4th rounder. Wow. Not so sure this was a particularly good deal for the Jets now I would've loved to have extended his contract if it was 0 guaranteed money.
W.T.F.... Didnt see that coming.