Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-16-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't like the Maybin comparison. Maybin was stiff. Mingo is a flexible cat. Another big difference is Mingo actually knows how to play the game and shows up in games.

If Mingo has a creative DC, he could really shine. I think he could play 3-4 OLB, 4-3 DE in the nickel, 4-3 OLB... He could be a beast. Ironically, Rob Ryan is the kind of DC that comes to mind. Von Miller-lite.
I think he has Miller-esque upside, but I think his bust potential is higher than any of the other DEs.

For whatever reason, if it were my team I'd feel more comfortable with Ansah & Jordan over Mingo. Ansah needing refinement and Jordan needing to fill out.

I'm thinking Mingo is more of a Bruce Irvin type -- best suited for a 3-4, or in a role like Von where he plays WILL and slides up to DE in the nickel. Not a true 4-3 DE unless you're only planning on using him as a situational pass rusher.

To be honest, I don't remember much about Maybin in terms of being stiff/unproductive. I was making the comparison just on body type and Maybin being unable to maintain a functional weight.

Last edited by DrewyVuitton : 04-16-2013 at 11:24 PM.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
I think he has Miller-esque upside, but I think his bust potential is higher than any of the other DEs.

For whatever reason, if it were my team I'd feel more comfortable with Ansah & Jordan over Mingo. Ansah needing refinement and Jordan needing to fill out.

I'm thinking Mingo is more of a Bruce Irvin type -- best suited for a 3-4, or in a role like Von where he plays WILL and slides up to DE in the nickel. Not a true 4-3 DE unless you're only planning on using him as a situational pass rusher.

To be honest, I don't remember much about Maybin in terms of being stiff/unproductive. I was making the comparison just on body type and Maybin being unable to maintain a functional weight.
Maybin = Look like Tarzan, play like Jane.

He was jacked as hell and the Jets bought his hype, but he was more of a muscle builder. Stiff as a hell and couldn't move his body the way a football player needs to be successful.

I think Ansah has a lot of bust potential to be honest. The lack of production scares me off. People want to justify it by calling him JPP, but that's a tough thing to bank on.

I like Jordan's upside and length a great deal. He's definitely going to be drafted first.

I like Mingo better because of the versatility and the fact that I just think he's a real damn good football player in his core and he will show up in every game. I think he IS good whereas I hope Jordan is good.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime217 View Post
Was reading through mock drafts today and came across draftteks. Here's how it went:

1. Sheldon Richardson, DT Missouri
2. Darius Slay, FS Mississippi state
3. Travis Frederick, C/G Wisconsin
4. Leveon Bell, RB Michigan St.
5. Devin Taylor, DE South Carolina
6. Ricky Wagner, OT Wisconsin

The name I found interesting was Darius slay. I haven't seen him linked to Dallas much so I was caught a little by surprise. Also, he played CB in college, so he'd have a learning curve at the position.

Overall I wouldn't be upset if this is out it shook out for us. It could be better but it could also be much worse.
I don't mind this Draft either.....but just playing "what if" I would rather take Terron Armstead at #2 and than Rambo FS in the 3rd.

I really think its coming down to Richardson or Cooper or Womack
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:43 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He was jacked as hell and the Jets bought his hype, but he was more of a muscle builder. Stiff as a hell and couldn't move his body the way a football player needs to be successful.

I think Ansah has a lot of bust potential to be honest. The lack of production scares me off. People want to justify it by calling him JPP, but that's a tough thing to bank on.

I like Jordan's upside and length a great deal. He's definitely going to be drafted first.

I like Mingo better because of the versatility and the fact that I just think he's a real damn good football player in his core and he will show up in every game. I think he IS good whereas I hope Jordan is good.
Ansah's bust potential is extremely high as well, I fully agree on that point. I love his tools though. And by all accounts he's a "good kid", high-effort type of guy that gives you the best chance to succeed if you're going to take a guy mostly on potential.

I'd agree Mingo is more accomplished, and I'm not "low" on him, but his frame is a concern. Love his speed though.

If I had a chance to take my pick of the two, personally I'd grab Ansah.

Damontre Moore is scary to me because he comes off as a huge diva. I watched game changers with Sapp putting Sly, Okafor, and Moore through drills and I wasnt a fan of Moore's attitude. Just seemed like a prick & very diva.

Last edited by DrewyVuitton : 04-17-2013 at 03:45 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:38 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ansah's bust potential is extremely high as well, I fully agree on that point. I love his tools though. And by all accounts he's a "good kid", high-effort type of guy that gives you the best chance to succeed if you're going to take a guy mostly on potential.

I'd agree Mingo is more accomplished, and I'm not "low" on him, but his frame is a concern. Love his speed though.

If I had a chance to take my pick of the two, personally I'd grab Ansah.

Damontre Moore is scary to me because he comes off as a huge diva. I watched game changers with Sapp putting Sly, Okafor, and Moore through drills and I wasnt a fan of Moore's attitude. Just seemed like a prick & very diva.
In your opinion is Ansah's bust potential higher or lower than that of Jason Pierre-Paul when he was entering the draft?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
In your opinion is Ansah's bust potential higher or lower than that of Jason Pierre-Paul when he was entering the draft?
IMHO much higher. JPP dominated at community college and then transferred to USF and played well (6.5 sacks in 6 starts (appeared in 13 games). Ansah had zero production until last year which tallied 4 sacks. Granted he is MUCH more raw than JPP but his bust potential is pretty high.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
IMHO much higher. JPP dominated at community college and then transferred to USF and played well (6.5 sacks in 6 starts (appeared in 13 games). Ansah had zero production until last year which tallied 4 sacks. Granted he is MUCH more raw than JPP but his bust potential is pretty high.
I agree, Ansah bust potential is extremely high. I really don't think he will be drafted in the top 10 as a lot of people seem to think, he might even be available when Dallas picks.

Ansah was completely dominated at the Senior Bowl practices which people seem to forget, yes, he played sensational during the game, but people have to remember, it is an All Star game with simplified defensive rules, which suits a raw player who is a terrific athlete, like Ansah.
I cannot see him contributing a whole lot for a couple of seasons and how many teams can afford to wait. I don't think the Cowboys will be interested.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 04-20-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I agree, Ansah bust potential is extremely high. I really don't think he will be drafted in the top 10 as a lot of people seem to think, he might even be available when Dallas picks.

Ansah was completely dominated at the Senior Bowl practices which people seem to forget, yes, he played sensational during the game, but people have to remember, it is an All Star game with simplified defensive rules, which suits a raw player who is a terrific athlete, like Ansah.
I cannot see him contributing a whole lot for a couple of seasons and how many teams can afford to wait. I don't think the Coyboys will be interested.
Who are the Coyboys? :)

Old 04-17-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think that in this scheme athleticism is key, pass rush repitore and instincts are a plus but you must have good movement skills and explosion off the snap. I think Ansah would be fine especially given the situation at hand where Spencer would be the starter year one. My biggest concern is his age, there were some rumors rolling around that his birth certificate my have a false younger age on it. If he is actually coming into the league 26+ I'm not sure he is worth the investment of a first round pick.

Jordan is a 3-4 LB IMO, he has potential as a pass rusher but I'm not sure he enters the league as a 10+ sack guy. Where he becomes special is if he can use his athleticism to cover elite tight ends down field. You waste that talent in a 4-3 scheme unless you are very creative.

Mingo is the best "pass rusher" of the group and on physical talent alone he should be a dominant player. He scares me the most of the group on his own admition that he didn't run full throttle. Will he find motivation in the League or will he get lazy with a multimillion dollar contract ?
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I think that in this scheme athleticism is key, pass rush repitore and instincts are a plus but you must have good movement skills and explosion off the snap. I think Ansah would be fine especially given the situation at hand where Spencer would be the starter year one. My biggest concern is his age, there were some rumors rolling around that his birth certificate my have a false younger age on it. If he is actually coming into the league 26+ I'm not sure he is worth the investment of a first round pick.

Jordan is a 3-4 LB IMO, he has potential as a pass rusher but I'm not sure he enters the league as a 10+ sack guy. Where he becomes special is if he can use his athleticism to cover elite tight ends down field. You waste that talent in a 4-3 scheme unless you are very creative.

Mingo is the best "pass rusher" of the group and on physical talent alone he should be a dominant player. He scares me the most of the group on his own admition that he didn't run full throttle. Will he find motivation in the League or will he get lazy with a multimillion dollar contract ?
imo mingo and jordan will be productive players if whatever team drafts them utilizes them in a way that maximizes their strengths, something that oregon and lsu didn't do
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
I'd agree with everyone else in saying its higher.

A lot could depend on scheme as well, if Ansah plays for a team like Detroit running a wide-9, he could be extremely successful as a rookie. It basically plays to his strengths.

If a team simplifies his role, he can do as well as any other rookie DE in recent memory.

The issue with Ansah is he isn't refined from a technical standpoint, he's essentially just out-athleting people right now.

Still, I like that he's a high-motor, high-effort player to go along with being a great athlete. If I'm gonna take a chance on someone based on his potential, those are critical traits for success in my opinion.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Starting to think this Revis trade might put the nail in the coffin for us in our hopes for a Guard in round 1. I could now see the Jets taking one of the guards with one of their two first round picks. And the other guard going somewhere before us.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Starting to think this Revis trade might put the nail in the coffin for us in our hopes for a Guard in round 1. I could now see the Jets taking one of the guards with one of their two first round picks. And the other guard going somewhere before us.
I agree, unless we trade up. Say this years 1st and next years 2nd to move up to 11-13 range to get either Cooper or Warmack. All in favor?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I agree, unless we trade up. Say this years 1st and next years 2nd to move up to 11-13 range to get either Cooper or Warmack. All in favor?
Please no...the talent drop off between Cooper and a guy like Pugh a round later is not worth a future 2nd. Hell you can find a starter on day 3 on the interior OL this year...why forfeit a year one starter to get a OG....

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
I saw a quote from Jimmy Johnson saying when he was drafting players in the first round he wanted "Guys who score touchdowns and guys who stop touchdowns"

I believe the same theory. I can't see the value in trading up that early in a draft that has starting OG's into the 3rd round. Especially when the interior OL isn't the only weakness. Too many holes on the roster.

At 18 or earlier, I want someone who stop's touchdowns (DL, S) or someone who scores them (WR, Eifert)

At 18 or later, I'd start to consider an OG.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:02 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No trading up! The trade up last year took a top player away from us.

I could see Jerry trading down.....
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:06 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Please no...the talent drop off between Cooper and a guy like Pugh a round later is not worth a future 2nd. Hell you can find a starter on day 3 on the interior OL this year...why forfeit a year one starter to get a OG....
Exactly, I am very high on both Pugh and Long. I'd much rather the team trade down to the late first ( Falcons / Niners are rumored to be movers ) and pull the trigger on one of those guys. Having an additional 2nd round pick would allow the team would create some more draft flexibility.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I saw a quote from Jimmy Johnson saying when he was drafting players in the first round he wanted "Guys who score touchdowns and guys who stop touchdowns"

I believe the same theory. I can't see the value in trading up that early in a draft that has starting OG's into the 3rd round. Especially when the interior OL isn't the only weakness. Too many holes on the roster.

At 18 or earlier, I want someone who stop's touchdowns (DL, S) or someone who scores them (WR, Eifert)

At 18 or later, I'd start to consider an OG.
As much as I want Cooper, I'm not willing to mortgage a future draft. However, what S or DL will be here worthy of that pick? I'm personally not sold on Vaccaro. And at DL, I'm positive that Floyd, Richardson and Lotulelei will be gone. I'm not ready to take Williams here. If all these guys are gone, might be in our best interest to try and trade back a few spots.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Exactly, I am very high on both Pugh and Long. I'd much rather the team trade down to the late first ( Falcons / Niners are rumored to be movers ) and pull the trigger on one of those guys. Having an additional 2nd round pick would allow the team would create some more draft flexibility.
If we can take a late pick like the Niners and a 2nd I'm all over it and that'd be ideal. We could get the #2 Safety with their pick, a ton of interior lineman, DT, we'd have plenty of options and we certainly need the depth. I think it's best we sit tight at 18 and see who falls, if noone does that we like see if we can get to the late 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really would be best to trade down if possible to maximize picks. This would allow us to address the 2 dire needs (interior OL and Safety) as well as get a few picks to address some nice to haves like RB, WR and TE with an eye towards the future. If we're willing to be bold enough to drop down to Atlanta or San Fran, and pick up a 2, that would be great.

I have renewed faith in the Cowboys board over the past 3 years and we can't be giving up picks like we did last year and miss out on good football players.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

If we do trade down into the late first/ early 2nd and gather a few extra picks, how do you guys feel about Justin hunter as our top pick? Personally, I think either him or Robert woods will be the best WR out of this class. Also, his former coach would be hands on with him, so Dooley would have some say in it. I don't see miles sticking around much more, especially if he can't stay healthy this year.

I know we got bigger needs in this draft, but in this scenario we'd still be able to address them with the extra picks gathered in the trade down. Having two stud WR for the next decade would make great, similar to Atlanta has.
primetime217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If we do trade down into the late first/ early 2nd and gather a few extra picks, how do you guys feel about Justin hunter as our top pick? Personally, I think either him or Robert woods will be the best WR out of this class. Also, his former coach would be hands on with him, so Dooley would have some say in it. I don't see miles sticking around much more, especially if he can't stay healthy this year.

I know we got bigger needs in this draft, but in this scenario we'd still be able to address them with the extra picks gathered in the trade down. Having two stud WR for the next decade would make great, similar to Atlanta has.
Unless it's a WR like Austin who we could do a lot of different things with, I'd rather wait until later in the draft.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not a fan of Hunter. My top WR in this draft is Keenan Allen and his stock has fallen some. If we traded back and wanted a WR, I'd be wanting his name to be called.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
As much as I want Cooper, I'm not willing to mortgage a future draft. However, what S or DL will be here worthy of that pick? I'm personally not sold on Vaccaro. And at DL, I'm positive that Floyd, Richardson and Lotulelei will be gone. I'm not ready to take Williams here. If all these guys are gone, might be in our best interest to try and trade back a few spots.
I think there is an outside chance Richardson is available. There's talk of the Raiders passing on Floyd and having him drop out of the top 10. That would likely put the team in striking distance for Richardson.

I also think Werner may see a draft day slide and be available at 18. Gives the team freedom to move on from Spencer -- maybe even trade him for something.

Another option is Cyprien. The Bengals & Zimmer are putting him through a last minute private workout today and it's unlikely he makes it past 21. If the team wants him, it's going to have to be at 18.

Last edited by DrewyVuitton : 04-22-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:

IMO Robert Woods would be a ++ version of Laurent Robinson/Patrick Crayton for Romo. Awesome fit. Very savvy, the type of guy that will get you those 3rd downs and always finds a way to get open.

He offers more than Robinson/Crayton but I'm just saying he'd be a +version of those guys as a safety net type of player.