Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-21-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Honestly, at this point I'll be a little bit surprised if Nassib doesn't go at 8.
Good night that would be an awful pick.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A whole lot of second round QBs in this draft. Geno might be the only guy that is a legit 1st rounder in my eyes.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Honestly, at this point I'll be a little bit surprised if Nassib doesn't go at 8.
I'm starting to feel the same way.

First there was the article with the Bills GM saying, "I've said this from the start, that two or three of these guys will be franchise quarterbacks. I believe that." It sounds to me like he is covering his bases for the backlash that could come with a Nassib pick.

Here's the article for anyone that hasn't see it: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-c...b-at-no-8.html

And slowly as the draft comes closer more rumors are leaking. There was also this one:

"According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, there is "growing belief" around the NFL that the Bills will select Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib with the No. 8 overall pick if they can't trade down"
Old 04-21-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh god....just ....no...please....

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Oh god....just ....no...please....
Lol I feel your pain. I hate mocks that have the Jets taking Nassib at 39, but 8th?? Wow. That'd be a disaster.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Lol I feel your pain. I hate mocks that have the Jets taking Nassib at 39, but 8th?? Wow. That'd be a disaster.
Just disgusting if we take him at 8. I don't give a **** what they say about being Marrone's protégé and being familiar with him, nothing about his game says he is a top 10 "Franchise" QB. He doesn't even have a strong arm and that is noted quite a bit. What the hell is he going to do in Buffalo in December??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I can hear BallerT's tears already...
Loud weeping.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
tjjohnson98
Rookie

tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjjohnson98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After his pro day, Tank Carradine is going in the Top 15 overall.
tjjohnson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nassib doesn't have a weak arm either. He has a better arm than Andy Dalton. I think he can settle in somewhere between Dalton and Ryan personally. He's accurate, smart, reasonably athletic, experienced in a pro style and uh, he's used to playing in NY winters. Teams underrated factors like a QBs character, ability to process information and understand the game
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjjohnson98 View Post
After his pro day, Tank Carradine is going in the Top 15 overall.
Definitely ahead of Werner now IMO. I could see a team like the Jets,Saints or Steelers scooping him up for sure.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Just disgusting if we take him at 8. I don't give a **** what they say about being Marrone's protégé and being familiar with him, nothing about his game says he is a top 10 "Franchise" QB. He doesn't even have a strong arm and that is noted quite a bit. What the hell is he going to do in Buffalo in December??

Loud weeping.
for everyone saying geno played bad in the snow/wind in the pinstripe bowl vs 'cuse, nassib was pretty awful (vs a horrendous pass defense)

11/23 48% 130 yds 2 td 1 int

vs

19/28 68% 201 yds 2 td 0 int 2 fum

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Definitely ahead of Werner now IMO. I could see a team like the Jets,Saints or Steelers scooping him up for sure.
I could see Caradine rising but not sure the knock on Werner. At his pro day i thought he showed some ability to play a couple of differant positions and also showed great hands.

Seattle had big Richmond S Cooper Taylor in for a visit. Heard he has visited Baltimore, New York and is scheduled to meet with the Jags. Might have to get him earlier than expected or he might be gone.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont get the whole carradine thing. he was the third best pass rusher on his own college team. if the saints pick him in the first id be pissed

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
i dont get the whole carradine thing. he was the third best pass rusher on his own college team. if the saints pick him in the first id be pissed
You really like the "third best on his own team" thing don't you? Haha.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
for everyone saying geno played bad in the snow/wind in the pinstripe bowl vs 'cuse, nassib was pretty awful (vs a horrendous pass defense)

11/23 48% 130 yds 2 td 1 int

vs

19/28 68% 201 yds 2 td 0 int 2 fum
So many of Nassib's passes were dropped in the pinstripe bowl. By my count there were 4 or 5 drops in the first half alone.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
You really like the "third best on his own team" thing don't you? Haha.
just happened to come up twice in short succession but when the coaching staff of fsu wants to play werner and jenkins who are a bunch of draft analysts to doubt that.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-22-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So did you go any deeper into analyzing who the best pass rusher is beyond counting sacks?
Old 04-22-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
So did you go any deeper into analyzing who the best pass rusher is beyond counting sacks?
If they don't produce in college they rarely produce in the pros.

90% of the Top-50 sack leaders in NFL history had 17 or more sacks in college.

60% of the Top-50 sack leaders in NFL history had 28 or more sacks in college.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post

Carradine had well over 28 sacks in college.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post

less and less true in recent years with Watt,Jones and JPP. Also I notice you changed your stat from 30 to 28.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I could see Caradine rising but not sure the knock on Werner. At his pro day i thought he showed some ability to play a couple of differant positions and also showed great hands.

Seattle had big Richmond S Cooper Taylor in for a visit. Heard he has visited Baltimore, New York and is scheduled to meet with the Jags. Might have to get him earlier than expected or he might be gone.
but he didn't show the closing speed or explosion to be a double digit sack guy IMO.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly a reliable source said 100% Ansah is the pick at 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
This is worthless unless you provide a link or it's your source.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I don't buy that for one second.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
So many of Nassib's passes were dropped in the pinstripe bowl. By my count there were 4 or 5 drops in the first half alone.
What i came away with from that game was Geno Smith might like the warmer weather better and Nassib looked more at home in that Buffalo style climate.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Carradine had well over 28 sacks in college.
11 this year
5.5 last year

but i guess hell easily make it if you count juco sacks in those 2 years

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin