Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-21-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF ??? Only this years first and a conditional 4th next year ??? That's what we've been holding out for. Disappointed....
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh. It's gonna be a 3rd. I can't imagine the conditions are anything about stats and he's likely going to start all 16 games...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the idea behind trading Revis was to stockpile a ransom of picks, to help rebuild the future. Getting two picks total for this year and next hardly does that. Happy to have the 13th. Disappointed in the total compensation.....
Old 04-21-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a joke this is. I would've given him that deal the Bucs gave him. No guaranteed money? Why did we not do that?
Old 04-21-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
What a joke this is. I would've given him that deal the Bucs gave him. No guaranteed money? Why did we not do that?

No kidding !!! TB is already being touted as the smart ones here. I'm not getting this at all.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it Was Personal. We All Knew This. There Was No Going Back. Blame Woody.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Eh. It's gonna be a 3rd. I can't imagine the conditions are anything about stats and he's likely going to start all 16 games...
Correct. The condition of that pick is based on whether or not Revis is on the Buccaneers roster on the 3rd day of the 2014 league year.

I really can't see the team cutting him loose, so unless he suffers a catastrophic injury and has to retire, I think you guys can go ahead and pencil in that 3rd round selection.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it Was Personal. We All Knew This. There Was No Going Back. Blame Woody.
Yeah, basically. They had to move him for the best offer. This was the best offer. It would've been nice if extending him was an option, but we all know it wasn't. And they had zero leverage either.

Also, early on in this process we pretty much all set the bar for Revis at what the Seahawks got for Harvin. The Jets got more. Nobody thought they were going to get the 13th pick when this started.

It's disappointing because we were told a 1, a 3, and a 5 recently. But this is better than most thought they were going to do when negotiations started. The trade would look a lot better if they're able to move down and accumulate more picks, too.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

The key is that they trade down this year again. If they can go into 2014 with two extra picks, that could mean QB.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The key is that they trade down this year again. If they can go into 2014 with two extra picks, that could mean QB.
If they can move down a bit from 9 or 13, pick up an extra 3, and trade 39 for a 2014 first round pick I'll be thrilled.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
It's possible he didn't want to give the Jets that opportunity. Right now they're a team on the decline with a terrible quarterback and a poor cap situation. At least with Tampa the arrow is pointing up.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

It was probably mutual. Early on the rumors were that he was stunned they wanted to trade him and wanted to stay in NY. Probably just for PR purposes, but maybe it was true. All indications were the Jets had no interest in extending him, presumably because because Woody Johnson grew tired of the holdouts and didn't want to pay a non-QB what Revis wanted to be paid. Probably not the right move, but I think Idzik did alright given the crap situation he was handed.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

All good points given by you guys. If we kept Revis and he walked next year, best we end up with is a 3rd next year. At least we have the #13 this year. Still feels disappointing that our greatest asset only fetched us two picks. I guess I was stuck on the 1st, 3rd, 5th rumor. Still pumped for this Thursday. A lot can still happen. I'm sure Idzik has other plans with the picks. Recently read that SF is looking to move into the 13 range if someone like Ansah were there, and they have a stockpile of picks. I'm sure the action on draft movement is just beginning for the Jets. Ganna miss Revis. I'm keeping my jersey !!!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Yeah I'd be thrilled with a trade down with the 49ers from 13. Nab a stud at 9, pick up something that's in the ballpark of 31 and 34 or 31, 61, and 74.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we got a little more compensation for Revis. I'm okay with it though given the circumstances. With that said, I'd be much more happier if we're able to move the 13th pick. I don't really love anyone's value at that spot. And I agree Derza, a trade with San Fran would be awesome.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

It would be kind of ironic if San Fran trades up to 13 since they were first rumored to be Revis's trade destination.

Agree with what you guys have been saying. I think we made this trade with moving down our main strategy. It is definitely bittersweet seeing a player of Revis's magnitude leave the organization but we will be better for it down the road in my opinion (considering the situation). Rome wasn't built in a day!
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I already want Revis back. Seeing him week 1 is going to bum me out, because it is just another example of the Jets being ********. Personally he is a diva and I don't like him, but hes too good at his job.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Schefter reporting the Jets are going to consider releasing Sanchez. Honestly, wouldn't mind terribly. Make this situation less of a circus.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Schefter reporting the Jets are going to consider releasing Sanchez. Honestly, wouldn't mind terribly. Make this situation less of a circus.
With what the team went through with Tebow/Sanchez last season, probably the best decision. The cap hit would be huge. But if they could work out the #'s, it would be better for Geno's development. D'Brick restructured his contract earlier, saving $5.128 this season. That could help.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Yeah I do think it's realistic (apparently he'd count a bit against the cap next year but the hit to cut him isn't awful for this season) and probably the best course of action. I wouldn't mind bringing the other 5 into camp, frankly. Or those 4 minus Tebow, but I wouldn't really mind having him and McElroy battle it out for the #3 job.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Tebow is 15 lbs. lighter and has been there every day. Because we don't really know what we have with Garrard (might be too injured) or Tebow and I wouldn't want to force Geno into starting, I would keep Sanchez as long as possible. It doesn't really hurt us to keep him around for a bit. We shouldn't think about releasing anyone unless we have a clear solution, and who knows? Sanchez might end up being the starter at the regular season, perform decently in a lame duck year, and net us a draft pick.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will never happen, but I want Tebow to start. I just want to see what he can do. I don't care about conventional wisdom or anything. Let him play.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just wanted to stop by and say you guys got a really good player in tommy bohanon in the 7th. he dates one of my good friends and he's a ******* beast. one of the strongest kids i've ever seen for his position. he's a pretty good blocker and can be utilized catching passes out of the backfield as well.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
just wanted to stop by and say you guys got a really good player in tommy bohanon in the 7th. he dates one of my good friends and he's a ******* beast. one of the strongest kids i've ever seen for his position. he's a pretty good blocker and can be utilized catching passes out of the backfield as well.
That's actually the pick I liked the most. One of the only spots where we got great value and filled a huge need.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-free-agents/

We added a solid group of undrafted free agents today. I really like the WR Spadola. Got to watch him play in person a couple of times at Lehigh and I was very impressed. Hopefully he can make the jump in level of play.
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote