Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-22-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime217 View Post
If we do trade down into the late first/ early 2nd and gather a few extra picks, how do you guys feel about Justin hunter as our top pick? Personally, I think either him or Robert woods will be the best WR out of this class. Also, his former coach would be hands on with him, so Dooley would have some say in it. I don't see miles sticking around much more, especially if he can't stay healthy this year.

I know we got bigger needs in this draft, but in this scenario we'd still be able to address them with the extra picks gathered in the trade down. Having two stud WR for the next decade would make great, similar to Atlanta has.
IMO Robert Woods would be a ++ version of Laurent Robinson/Patrick Crayton for Romo. Awesome fit. Very savvy, the type of guy that will get you those 3rd downs and always finds a way to get open.

He offers more than Robinson/Crayton but I'm just saying he'd be a +version of those guys as a safety net type of player.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still love Hopkins. His route running is crisp and his hands are excellent.

In the pre-draft news conference Jerry, of course, said a bunch of things but one of the more interesting points was him stating that we would be listening to all trades but are much more likely to trade down compared to up. He said the depth of this draft is excellent.

This gets my hopes up that we won't throw away potential starters in a trade up :)
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
I think there is an outside chance Richardson is available. There's talk of the Raiders passing on Floyd and having him drop out of the top 10. That would likely put the team in striking distance for Richardson.

I also think Werner may see a draft day slide and be available at 18. Gives the team freedom to move on from Spencer -- maybe even trade him for something.

Another option is Cyprien. The Bengals & Zimmer are putting him through a last minute private workout today and it's unlikely he makes it past 21. If the team wants him, it's going to have to be at 18.
Not sure why but Ive heard we like Reid better

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't hate a WR if a highly valued one fell(although in the 1st yes I would hate any of them) but I just feel like we are more then fine at WR and too many positions lacking in. Hard for me to advocate taking any WR honestly. I always bring up the Thanksgiving game, probably because it's 1 of the ones I recorded, but we ran Dez, Harris, and Beasley all game and racked up passing yards like it was practice.

We still couldn't run, or block, or play defense, but the 1 thing we could do was spread it out and move the ball down the field. Harris and Beasley aren't anything flashy but with Dez and Witten drawing attention and how well they run routes those guys get open, and catch everything all the time. That's enough for me. Until we cut Austin, I don't want a WR because I think Harris is still developing and is a solid #3.

Also hearing Fluker may go before Warmack now, so I guess it's good we won't even have a choice lol. I swear I don't know why so many people would hate him here but I am betting he sticks as a great player on the line no matter where they put him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Sullivan ‏@SullyBaldHead 9m
Trust me this: The Cowboys are NOT looking to move down. They are definitely interested in trading up or staying at 18. #smokescreen

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 04-22-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Trust me this: The Cowboys are NOT looking to move down. They are definitely interested in trading up or staying at 18. #smokescreen
Boo to that. I love Cooper, really like Warmack/ Richardson and would be fine with Vaccaro but wouldn't mortgage the Ranch for any of them. Hopefully we just stay at #18 or someone really wants the to move up to our pick.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Boo to that. I love Cooper, really like Warmack/ Richardson and would be fine with Vaccaro but wouldn't mortgage the Ranch for any of them. Hopefully we just stay at #18 or someone really wants the to move up to our pick.
I agree. Ive read a lot of things saying we might give up future picks in this draft cuz they like the depth. I dont want to trade up either, just trying to prepare myself lol

Old 04-22-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Also hearing Fluker may go before Warmack now, so I guess it's good we won't even have a choice lol. I swear I don't know why so many people would hate him here but I am betting he sticks as a great player on the line no matter where they put him.
To put it as simply as I can... Fluker is just not the greatest fit as a ZBS lineman. Could be a monster in a traditional power scheme though. That's why I think the rumors exist that some team would take him high. I'm really not gonna try to fool myself on him just because he's big. If that's all that mattered to us, then there's no reason for us to value Cooper in Round 1 either. Heck, Alvin Bailey in Round 4 works if you just want an SEC tested guy with size.

If we're looking for nimble footed athletes on the OL with great change of direction, ability to mirror, who can redirect or quickly get to the second level... Fluker is totally out of the question.

If you just want to plow forward, Fluker is your guy, if you can accept the occassional sack from speed rusherzzz.

For me, I want a syphony along the OL. I want all the peices to work together in harmony. If someone isn't in tune with the rest of the group because he's not built for it then forget it. I'm not interested. I don't deny that he's rated high, but his rating is irrelevant to me if he doesn't fit.

Last edited by D-Unit : 04-22-2013 at 06:19 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
To put it as simply as I can... Fluker is just not the greatest fit as a ZBS lineman. Could be a monster in a traditional power scheme though. That's why I think the rumors exist that some team would take him high. I'm really not gonna try to fool myself on him just because he's big. If that's all that mattered to us, then there's no reason for us to value Cooper in Round 1 either. Heck, Alvin Bailey in Round 4 works if you just want an SEC tested guy with size.

If we're looking for nimble footed athletes on the OL with great change of direction, ability to mirror, who can redirect or quickly get to the second level... Fluker is totally out of the question.

If you just want to plow forward, Fluker is your guy, if you can accept the occassional sack from speed rusherzzz.

For me, I want a syphony along the OL. I want all the peices to work together in harmony. If someone isn't in tune with the rest of the group because he's not built for it then forget it. I'm not interested. I don't deny that he's rated high, but his rating is irrelevant to me if he doesn't fit.
You wouldnt want Warmack at 18?

Old 04-22-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You wouldnt want Warmack at 18?
You think Warmack can't play in a ZBS?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You think Warmack can't play in a ZBS?
Ive heard hes more of a stright line mauler. No?

Old 04-22-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What if this is just a smoke screen to the smoke screen?

But what if that smoke screen is just a smoke screen to the smoke screen of the smoke screen?

This is why the draft is so entertaining. You never really know what's going to happen until it happens.

Except for Tyron Smith. Everybody and their mama knew he was going to the Cowboys except me because I wanted a little mystery.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Ive heard hes more of a stright line mauler. No?
Warmack is not limited by scheme by any means. But I do have Cooper rated higher because he moves better.

I personally think Warmack will be there at 18. I've solidly held that thought since the combine. He's not as impressive as the early hype indicated. But the tape is there to back him up so it's not like the hype was unwarranted. I think he's a solid value between 15-20. Any higher and teams will reach. Any lower and a team is getting a steal.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Warmack is not limited by scheme by any means. But I do have Cooper rated higher because he moves better.

I personally think Warmack will be there at 18. I've solidly held that thought since the combine. He's not as impressive as the early hype indicated. But the tape is there to back him up so it's not like the hype was unwarranted. I think he's a solid value between 15-20. Any higher and teams will reach. Any lower and a team is getting a steal.
I might be wrong but I think Alabama ran a good amount of zone protections although their run scheme was mainly hat on hat man.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not sure why but Ive heard we like Reid better
I think they do too. And I think that's a poor eval on their part.

In fact, my gut is telling me we're going to pick Reid. Maybe because I'm used to being disappointed?
Old 04-22-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
I think they do too. And I think that's a poor eval on their part.

In fact, my gut is telling me we're going to pick Reid. Maybe because I'm used to being disappointed?
Reid in Round 2 isn't necessarily a disappointment. If we take him in Round 1, I'll be a Debbie Downer on Draft day.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reid in Round 2 isn't necessarily a disappointment. If we take him in Round 1, I'll be a Debbie Downer on Draft day.
Reid will be going on day one.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Reid will be going on day one.
That's fine with me as long as it's not at 18. He's reasonable past 25.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:57 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Draft breakdown has a cut up of Reid against 7 teams in 2011 as well as another 2011 game vs Alabama.

I honestly don't see what's to like in this guy, 2012 or 2011. He's just a hitter who plays out of control, misses routine tackles, takes poor angles, and is a step late in coverage about half the time.

In the 7 team cut up you'll literally see 4 or 5 would-be touchdowns because he was late to get over the top. Fortunately, LSU had Claiborne and Mathiue to cover up those mistakes. If not for their great plays I could probably put together a highlight reel of Reid out of position for 8 or 9 touchdowns in the 8 games I was able to watch.

The scary part is 2011 was his "good" season. Everyone is enamored with Eric Reid the athlete and they're forgetting about Eric Reid the football player.

Guy wasnt even in the conversation to be the 2nd safety taken until after his pro-day and that should say something.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:23 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On Board with D-Unit's thinking of taking the BPA! If Eifert or Austin are the highest rated players on the Cowboys board at #18, take one of them.

Yeah, I will listen to trade down offers, but they have to blow the doors off to get me to move.

Williams and Reid are reaches at #18, my opinion.

Heard OG, Kyle Long might sneak into the late 1st rd. What do you think, a Cowboys target if we traded down?
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:08 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please tell me there is no way the Cowboys take Eifert or Austin at 18...
- Atlanta Falcons GM
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallCowby1 View Post
On Board with D-Unit's thinking of taking the BPA! If Eifert or Austin are the highest rated players on the Cowboys board at #18, take one of them.

Yeah, I will listen to trade down offers, but they have to blow the doors off to get me to move.

Williams and Reid are reaches at #18, my opinion.

Heard OG, Kyle Long might sneak into the late 1st rd. What do you think, a Cowboys target if we traded down?
I'm confident we can get our guard in round 2. If both Cooper & Warmack are both gone and Eifert and/or Austin is sitting there @ 18, I pull the trigger on one of them. There no safety @ 18 that even remotely gets me excited, but Eifert or Austin gives me instant chub!!

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Austin is the type of player who could go way earlier than expected. I don't think he's there at 18.

I do think one of the O linemen will be around at 18, seems like Fluker is getting some love in the latest mocks which tend to be closer to reality than what comes out in March.

I'll be annoyed if we give a day 2 pick to move up in rd 1. But Jerrah may want to live up to his image.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

It would be awesome if Geno slid to #18, I think that would be prime area for a team looking for value to match would possible give up a future one, a two, and some miscellaneous picks to move back into the first.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
It would be awesome if Geno slid to #18, I think that would be prime area for a team looking for value to match would possible give up a future one, a two, and some miscellaneous picks to move back into the first.
If the teams at the top of the draft aren't willing to invest their first rounder this year on a QB, I highly doubt they'd risk their first next year to move up to get a quarterback. If we don't see quarterbacks go in the top ten then I don't see them coming off the board till the last handful of picks in the first round.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote