Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-22-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh.

I want to read the books, but the experience of the show without knowing what's going to happen is just too fun.

My friend read all the books so I hate talking to him about it. Just knowing that he knows what's going to happen - I hate his reactions to what I say about it because any comment he makes - I know he already knows what's going to happen.

So Cigaro, get out of the thread.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Now here's my thing... How do you know how to spell their names?

Reading anything on the internet about them is extremely risky, and burned me in season 1 because it's littered with people who love spoiling for no good reason.
It's a wiki that details every little thing about the show. I like to reference it when I forget little details about the plot, characters, families...etc. I'm pretty sure its strictly show stuff.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 04-22-2013 at 08:41 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/...f_Thrones_Wiki

It's a wiki to details every little thing about the show. I like to reference it when I forget little details about the plot, characters, families...etc. I'm pretty sure its strictly show stuff.
Yea I'm not clicking that lol.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It calls itself "...an encyclopedic guide to the HBO television series Game of Thrones that anyone can edit. Our content is up to date with the latest aired episode so beware of unwanted plot details if you are not."

I'll take it down if people are uncomfortable with it though.

edit- I took down the link to be super safe, but I'll just make people aware that there is a wiki that contains extremely thorough plot summaries of each episode if you are interested.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 04-22-2013 at 08:43 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this was kinda cool.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
It calls itself "...an encyclopedic guide to the HBO television series Game of Thrones that anyone can edit. Our content is up to date with the latest aired episode so beware of unwanted plot details if you are not."

I'll take it down if people are uncomfortable with it though.
It is certainly a TV viewers' only wiki. That being said, it will cite things such as viewer guides, which are obviously intended for TV watchers, even if not explicitly shown. So it simply depends on how fickle the watcher it.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn that ep was awesome. Finally starting to get to the juicy parts of all the storylines

theon got trolled hard that poor bastard
Old 04-22-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now here's my thing... How do you know how to spell their names?

Reading anything on the internet about them is extremely risky, and burned me in season 1 because it's littered with people who love spoiling for no good reason.

IMDb.com. just don't go to the forums.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not spoilers just large.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read the first book, but I'm not going to read to get ahead of the show. It's just too much fun to watch.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
It really was. Only time I've liked him so far.
What in hell is wrong with you. Lord Varys is one of the best characters of this show. Possibly my favorite.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just caught up.

Badass episode all around.

- It was kind of predictable what Dany was going to do, but it was still awesome.
- I wanted Mormont to strangle that idiot and maybe take a couple of others before he died.
- So Hound will fight Dondarion?

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

The Hound vs. Dondarion fight should be goooooood
Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mormont could make a heck of a white walker.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 04-23-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I just texted my friend this:

Danerus has three dragons, a huge army that loves her, two veteran warriors with playoff experience, a good secretary, and is one of the few characters with any morals... she's easily the favorite in this war.

Danerus -550
Rob Stark +150
Lannisters +400
Tyrion and Bron somehow +1200
Stannis +1500
Whitewalkers +2000 (good value play IMO)
Her army is actually tiny... like 8000 or something. From memory Robb had like 20,000 and the Lannisters had like 5x as many troops (at least), but Dragons and boobs so deserved favourite.

Do think you are missing the king north of the wall and his massive army though!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally watched the episode last night. I want Emilia Clarke to sit on my face and never get up.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Tyrion and Bronn have Podrick also, so...

Sig by Primetime21
Old 04-23-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It gets a bit confusing since they mostly talk army sizes in relative terms, have discrepancies in what they say and its impossible to count how many people die in the various battles.

From what I can tell:

Lannisters: Jamie had around 30k and Tywin had around 30k, I'd assume some of Jamie's made it back to Tywin after he lost in the Whispering Wood, and they've gained some through freeriders along the way.

Estimate: 50,000.

Robb: I think the 20k is right, he had around 22k total and sent a feint force of 2k to meet Tywin in battle. I think they all got slaughtered, so that leaves 20k left.

Estimate: 20,000

Tyrells: Renly says something along the lines of his force being 100k strong, which includes the Stormlands and the Tyrells. Most Barratheon followers go to Stannis, but I think the split is like 70/30 Tyrell/Barratheon

Estimate: 70,000

Stannis: Only had like 5k men + Saan's ships. But gained 30k men after he killed Renly. He was slaughtered in King's Landing though, so he's got be damn close to that original number again

Estimate: 5,000

Daenerys: She just bought 8,000 unsullied, plus all the green boys (I think around 4,000?), plus what is left of the khalasar (I'd say 500 fighting men at most, probably a lot less). Plus her 3 dragons of course.

Estimate: 10,000 fighting men, 3 dragons.

The books explain this a little better (and with much different numbers) but I only used what has been said in the show to make my estimates.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Lanninster's force has to be larger then that.

Doesn't Kings Landing have their own army? That is under control of Tywin now also.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 04-23-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Lanninster's force has to be larger then that.

Doesn't Kings Landing have their own army? That is under control of Tywin now also.
I don't think they have an army. They have the City Watch and Kings Guard I believe and that might be it.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

It has to be more then Stannis, at least.

Plus Robb had 20,000 Northmen only. He has Riverrun on his side now too.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 04-23-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Kings Landing was losing till Tywin and the Tyrells came, so I wouldn't be surprised if they only had the ~5,000 of the City Watch and sellswords Tyrion hired.

I think you are right on Robb's I'm not sure how many Riverrun brings though, ~10,000?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Dany needs to go back and get the rest of the Dothraki before she poses a huge threat.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Yeah, Dany needs to go back and get the rest of the Dothraki before she poses a huge threat.
I'm pretty sure that the last living targaerian leading an army with 3 dragons around her would get a lot of people joining her side as she roams the land.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Her army is actually tiny... like 8000 or something. From memory Robb had like 20,000 and the Lannisters had like 5x as many troops (at least), but Dragons and boobs so deserved favourite.

Do think you are missing the king north of the wall and his massive army though!
Aren't they just fighting "for the living?" They don't want the throne.