Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Nothing left to do but hope for the best and jump on board

Revis trade done, love it, hate it, it doesn't matter. All we can do is hope he is the same guy as befiore and can be the VJax of the secondary.

With two pickups, our secondary is radically different.

We have Revis to cover the other teams' #1: Colston, Julio Jones, S. Smith...and suddenly Eric Wright doesn't seem like such a bad thing covering whomever the Saints throw out there, Roddy White and whoever is the the #2 for the Panthers.

Mark Barron is hopefully another year better and paired with Goldson one of the two should be able to do better against TEs than we did last season.

I still think we go after a CB at least once in the first 4 rounds in the draft. I also would love to see Ronde Barber to come back in his nickelback role again. Having him on the field for 50-67% of the snaps in the role he redefined might make this defense elite.

I think the D is one good penetrating DT, a rangy pass coverage savvy MLB, and a nickel pass rusher away from being among the best in the league.

RDE Clayborn
NT Landri/Gibson----draft pick (Short, J. Williams, S. Williams, B. Williams)
UT McCoy
LDE Bowers

SLB Watson/Casillas/Hayward/Goode/draft pick
MLB Foster/Goode/draft pick
WLB David

CB Wright
FS Goldson
SS Barron
CB Revis
NB Barber/Johnson/Gorrer/M. Lewis

You can really see this defense has a ton of potential.

The biggest weaknesses IMO are at Mike and NT. Foster is well below average in coverage and neither Landri nor Gibson give me much confidence that they will be better than Roy Miller was.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote