Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:49 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah we have far too many needs, a 100mil qb already, and i dont think geno is going to be a good pro

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:49 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and now that the jets have 2 picks- id be surprised if geno gets past 13

Old 04-22-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

cbrunn - i do like 2 - 5 tho

Old 04-22-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSteeler View Post
The last few mocks on nfl.com have KAllen, CPatterson, TAustin and JHunter gone in the 1st round.

If we don't take a wr in the 1st, what are the chances that RWoods is still available in our 2nd? I'm scared that if 4 wrs go in the 1st, then the 2nd teir ones we're all looking at might be taken before we pick in 2?
it seems like every year tons more WR's and RB's are mocked in the first round than actually go... they are just the more visible, easier picks to make

id be shocked if we didnt have a solid option in the 2nd round at wr

Old 04-22-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSteeler View Post
Is Keenan Allen better than Justin Hunter?
no, i like them both a lot but i have patterson 1, hunter 2, and allen 3

I like austin a lot, but im not taking a serious look at him if im the steelers
Old 04-22-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to do something different with the mock game. If you do a few UDFA and the Steelers sign them, you get a bonus of a point.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

you should limit the udfa / points

Old 04-22-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I wouldn't be particularly happy with Geno in the 1st either ... At least at first , but I do think he would pay dividends yr 1 ... I don't really expect him to be there or him being the pick if he is , but I do think they could do worse in the 1st

just was creating discussion
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's rumors that Dee Milliner won't go as high as what people think and compare him to the situation around Prince Amukamara a few years ago. I think it's smokescreen because he's the best corner in the draft, but would you take him at 18 if he were to magically be there? I think it's a no brainer.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
you should limit the udfa / points
Maybe list 5 UDFA.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
There's rumors that Dee Milliner won't go as high as what people think and compare him to the situation around Prince Amukamara a few years ago. I think it's smokescreen because he's the best corner in the draft, but would you take him at 18 if he were to magically be there? I think it's a no brainer.
i was just thinking that..especially with a lot of analysts now saying he's the 2nd best corner to hayden or that some teams prefer xavier because he is more physical at the LOS

a no brainer indeed

Old 04-22-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think rhodes is the best CB, but milliner and trufant are insanely better fits for us
Old 04-22-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Milliner would be an advantage, but he really does not back peddle.

Could play man great and ball hawk out of zone coverage. Wouldn't be a bad option for safety?

I believe Trufant and Rhodes could go before him.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Starting to hear a lot of negatives about Giovanni Bernard! One scout says he's "china doll soft" and pulls himself out of games for made up injuries!
I'm starting to like JFranklin as a complement to Dwyer. But I still want LBell, just atarting to get worried he won't be there w/our 3rd!

I think our 2nd round and 3rd round picks are going to be Sooo important this year. Need to land promising guys there.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

I think franklin is their guy...perfect fit for a jamal charles-like role in haleys offense
Old 04-22-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

This one's for you, Ben - Quick Mock

Not my entry for our contest

1) Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame - Versatile, can contribute right away in the redzone, and give us leverage when Heath's deal is up at the end of this (next?) year

2) Keenan Allen - WR - CAL - A decent compliment to Manny and Brown, slower than we thought, yes, less talented? No. He won't burn you and that's okay, we got the little guys who can do that.

3) Steadman Bailey - WR - WVU - Fits Hailey's scheme perfectly, isn't the best athlete in the class but is very smart at running routes, finding holes in zones, and creating YAC - reminds me of hines ward, allows us to let manny walk next year after he undoubtedly wants more $ than he is worth

4) Kevin Riddick - ILB - UNC - I think he's better than the 4th round... but A) ILB's are not that coveted in the and NFL, B) he put up mediocre #'s. The cat can ball though and we would be lucky to get him here.

5) Barrett Jones - C/G - Alabama - This is my assessment of Jones... you put on the game tape and you see him working seamlessly with his teammates on that line. You iso him and watch him doing 1 on 1's and you leave less than impressed. He's tough, gritty, and comes from a good system.

6) John Simon - DE - Ohio State - He's been talked about enough here.

6) Kenjon Balmer - RB - Oregon - pretty much Rainey 2.0 without the issues

7) Kenny Tate - S - UMD - Almost sure he won't be drafted but whatever. This is my homer pick.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Jones is far better than round 5. 3rd at absoulte worse, but 2nd much more likely with his versatility

I hate simon, which means they will certainly draft him in the 3rd
Old 04-22-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Jones is far better than round 5. 3rd at absoulte worse, but 2nd much more likely with his versatility

I hate simon, which means they will certainly draft him in the 3rd
honestly i thought so too about jones but so far ive seen like 3 7 round mocks have him dropping to 4+ so i am hopeful

Old 04-22-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Im so nervous for Thursday, I really do take this **** to heart. i must say this draft I lack a lot of the confidence ive had previously, not because i didnt put in the research but rather because they are SOOOO many ways they could go, players they could target, and holes they could fill all mixed together with being in a ridiculously awkward draft position...but here goes nothing:

1. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
Easily my favorite WR in the draft. His open field ability is the best weve seen since Reggie Bush. He is a strong player, runs angry, and has such ridiculous range not taking him at 17 would be a crime. He has over the top speed, and while his experience is limited hes a real redzone threat and will be able to run the 3 simplest of routes from day one....the go, the slant, and the screen. Wallace made 70 million on his go route, nate washington made about 30 million, holmes made 50 million on his slant route, and athletically patterson is superior to all of them. He runs like hes angry, makes cuts like hes small, and is no fun to tackle....the rawness will be overcome by getting the ball in his hands...its football, not engineering. Hes a bit of a body catcher, something that can be worked on but hes much to explosive of a talent to pass on at 17

Other possibilites: Jarvis Jones, Star Lotuleilei, Barkevious Mingo, Dion Jordan, Tyler Eifert, Chance Warmack, Jonathan Cooper

2. Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
This is really tough to project...if they plan on signing bradshaw i would much rather prefer lattimore in a round or two, but I think the sanders $2.5 mil might have taken bradshaw out of the picture (but maybe not) that being said Franklin is an immediate impact type player and is an excellent fit for the offense and could play the jamal charles-like role. Hes a fast riser in the draft and i think could be an exciting player as a rookie and would eliminate the need for Bradshaw because franklin and Dwyer could become a pretty solid duo, especially in an at least partially ZBS

Other possibilities: Keenan Allen, Margus Hunt, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter, Manti Teo, Cornelius Washington, Matt Elam, Robert Woods, Khaseem Greene, David Amerson, Gio Bernard, Eddie Lacy

3. Corey Lemonier, OLB, Auburn
Another fast riser...could go anywhere from round 1-3...hes a highly athletic pass rusher and looks like an easy convert to OLB in a 34. Quietly a productive player that is being knocked for "quitting" last year along with the rest of the Auburn team and coaches. He would likely not start over Worilds but he definitely has more potential and could become a good rotational pass rusher. I imagine he would take chris carters roster spot but as much as i like carter as a player and how good of value he was in the 5th round, it doesnt look like he'll be able to hold up in the NFL. Reminds me of Justin Houston. If you wanna see him at his best, watch him in 2011 and see him do work against bama and trent richardson...Auburn was a horrible horrible team last season, thats whats hurting him the most. I also would love Honeybadger or Lattimore in this draft slot...just sayin

Other possibilities: William Gholston, Terrence Williams, Markus Wheaten, Andre Ellington, Stedman Bailey, Gavin Escobar, Barrett Jones, Brian Schwenke, Jamie Collins, Marcus Lattimore, Matheui

4. Shamarko Thomas, SS, Syracuse
Shamarko is a tough player to project...he has 2nd round talent but is massively undersized. He is a ball hawk, a vicious hitter, and has excellent closing speed. Hes a fearless player (which at his size is scary, bob sanders and polamalu were too and have been ravaged by injuries) but he has been pretty durable and he just plays like hes out to kill someone. Hes just an explosive player and even though hes around 5-8 hes built like a tank without losing any flexibility, explosiveness, or speed (his straight line speed is tremendous for how built he is)

5. Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford
I really am a big fan of thomas, he isnt the biggest, fastest, or strongest, but he can play good football. Decent in coverage, a decently good range of pass rushing moves, and he has the ability to play in the middle. Everyone wants to compare him to clay matthews, shea mccellin, connor barwin, paul kruger, or brooks reed because they are all white pass rushers...but the player i think he might compare to the best is Karlos Dansby. I think he can be a productive OLB, but hes also an intriguing MLB prospect at 6-4 ~250. Hes very football smart and can diagnose plays well enough to play in the middle, but he can also effectively set the edge and get after the QB.

6. Will Davis, CB, Utah St
Out of their pre draft visits I had a hard time deciding on a CB...i chose davis because i think they can wait the longest to get him without much drop off in play from Wreh-Wilson and BW Webb. He is a feisty CB but the most impressive attribute he has is his balance. He moves very smoothly and i think would be a steal in this slot

6. Michael Mauti, MLB, Penn State
Better prospect than Sean Lee and Dan connor were before he destroyed his knee again. He has shown a lot of progress in recovery, youd never know seeing him move that hes had two horrible knee injuries. Could be a big time steal late in the draft due to medical red flags, but if hes they caliber of playe Sean lee has been they did something right in taking a chance on him. Could at the very least be better than Sylvester

7. Omarius Hines, WR/RB, Florida
I just really like this kid. Listed at florida as a WR/RB/TE/HB/ATH....but at his pro day put up a good 40 and a RIDICULOUS 3 cone time. At like 6-0 he will likely have to be a slot WR for his skill set, but he has made some nice grabs for florida and the Tomlin-Florida connection continues. I really think he has a shot of being a good player even if he has to play all over. He kind of reminds me of a faster, more agile Michael Robinson...who was drafted as a WR by San Fran...moved to RB, then moved to FB, now he is the starting FB for Seattle. Robinson was a QB at Penn state, but many envisioned him as a WR at the next level but he finds a way to make an impact all over.

Priority UDFAs:

Kenny Tate, FS, Maryland
Ray Ray Armstrong, SS, Miami
Lawrence Okoye, Beast, Great Britain
Robert Lester, FS, Alabama
Joe Kruger, DE, Utah

Previous mocks:

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/...irst-2013-Mock
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/...eeler-Mock-2-0
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/...eeler-Mock-3-0

Last edited by K Train : 04-22-2013 at 10:35 PM.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

7 round mock on nfl.com has us taking:

1-Xavier Rhodes
2-Margus Hunt
3-Jamie Collins
4-Marcus Lattimore
5-Nico Johnson
6-John Simon
7-Miguel Maysonet

I wouldn't cry if this happened but wheres the Safety?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

The safety would be cortez allen lol

that would be an awesome mock
Old 04-23-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I hate Margus Hunt. Would throw the remote at the tv. I'm very comfortable saying that one of Patterson, Jones or Vaccaro will be the pick. Rhodes, Womack or milliner for guys who fall to the pick.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

im not comfortable saying anyone will be the pick... this year, to me, is a true wild card

Old 04-23-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Margus hunt is perfect for keisels spot. Think of what Kiesel was when Kemo was around...a huge ST that was a NIGHTMARE for kick offs. He was not really a 5 tech but beefed to play the spot, but was always athletic enough to kick outside and stand up a bit and play OLB (probably not too much anymore) but thats exactly how i see hunt. Hes a guy that can generate a bit of a pass rush from the RDE spot like keilse has done pretty well.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how can you hate Margus Hunt for a 5-tech in the 4th round?

In the second is crazy. And Lattimore will go in the 3rd.