Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-21-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Ok boys. Assuming that the Vikes are looking to trade up, i think that the most likely partner is the Jets with #9, #13, & looking like they are entering rebuild mode looking for more picks.

What would you be willing to give up to get one of those picks & who do you think (not necessarily want) the Vikings to target with one of those picks?
It would be at least a 1st and a 2nd to get up to one of those picks and that being said I don't think there really is a player for us there unless its Sheldon Richarson or Star Lotulelei. We already have a slot receiver in Jarius Wright and as for CB, The only one I would like to see us trade up for is Dee Milliner and he should be long gone by 9-13.

I see this talk about us trading up is a smokescreen though. I try to avoid things I hear a week or so before the draft. It usually comes out as a smokescreen. Spielman values picks way to much to give up a 1 and 2 to get up there.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

About all this trading up talk, unless Star lotulelei drops past 10, I don't even want us to consider it. I've heard analysts say that after the top 5 or so, there isn't much of a drop-off in talent all the way through the first round so I would much rather stay put or trade down a few picks.

Just a few thoughts:

Leading up to the draft, I'm liking Justin Hunter more and more and is rumored to be creeping up into the later rounds.

In such a deep receiver class, Keenan Allen has the potential to fall wayy down draft boards with his 40 time. He runs a hell of a lot faster on tape and ran that time with an injury (i read somewhere he said he was 80%). He's still the same guy people were talking about going top 15 during the season. I would love to take a chance on him if he drops.

Despite this deep WR class, I still think we have to take one with one of our firsts. We can't go into next year with Jerome Simpson as our #2. I would be much more comfortable with Hopkins or Hunter being in that role than with Woods or Terrance Williams.

DJ Hayden is going to be a stud and could potentially fit into our system, he's a better tackler than he is given credit for. I think he could be the lockdown corner that we need in a division with Megatron, Rodgers, Marshall, etc.

I'm going to punt a kitten if we draft Patterson.

G is a way bigger need than most of us are alluding to.

Even the top guards usually drop into the late 1st even when the media has them higher (DeCastro, Watkins). It's unlikely that Warmack falls to us, but I think Cooper probably will, I would love to see him with one of our firsts.

Kyle Long would be unreal in the 2nd if he makes it that far...

Not sure how I feel abou Te'o but we are almost definitely going to take him (we better not trade up for him).

Safety is another need that no one seems to be mentioning. (Wouldn't hate a trade up for Vaccaro if he slips a bit as long as we don't give up too much)

I'm warming up to the idea of Tyrann Mathieu

I think with the DE situation next year, we should take a flyer on a high risk high reward type guy in the later rounds. If he works out, great, if not we take one early next year, but it could potentially save us a position of need next year.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by jimmylishis : 04-23-2013 at 02:38 PM.
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys I like in the first: Sheldon Richardson, Xavier Rhodes, Desmond Trufant, Manti Te'o, DJ Hayden. We could really shore up our D with these picks. Our offense will continue to be **** though.

Not too crazy about a receiver in the first even though we desperately need help there, I think there will be a guy in the second that can help us out (Woods, Hunter?).
Old 04-24-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am starting to come around to taking a WR in the second. I still don't want Te'o in the first but MLB is a big need. As much as I would love Richardson or Sylvester Williams I think MLB is addressed before DT. I think CB is next to a lock to be addressed with one of our firsts. I am hoping we end up with one of Trufant and Hayden.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I am starting to come around to taking a WR in the second. I still don't want Te'o in the first but MLB is a big need. As much as I would love Richardson or Sylvester Williams I think MLB is addressed before DT. I think CB is next to a lock to be addressed with one of our firsts. I am hoping we end up with one of Trufant and Hayden.
Most of the defensive line will be free agents after next season, and having a good line is the catalyst to having a good defense. I'll surprised if one of the first round picks isn't used on the defensive line, and I don't see them using a first rounder on a middle backer. After showing a willingness to plug a player like Brinkley in as a starter, the team has Henderson and Cole currently on the roster to compete and a middle round pick could be brought in as competition.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Most of the defensive line will be free agents after next season, and having a good line is the catalyst to having a good defense. I'll surprised if one of the first round picks isn't used on the defensive line, and I don't see them using a first rounder on a middle backer. After showing a willingness to plug a player like Brinkley in as a starter, the team has Henderson and Cole currently on the roster to compete and a middle round pick could be brought in as competition.
I would love to see Cole get a chance after the incredible preseason he had last year. I still do worry that Te'o is picked with one of the first though. I would be so very happy if the two firsts are used on DT and CB. I hope you end up being right.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I would love to see Cole get a chance after the incredible preseason he had last year. I still do worry that Te'o is picked with one of the first though. I would be so very happy if the two firsts are used on DT and CB. I hope you end up being right.
I really liked Cole as a prospect as was stunned when he fell all the way to the 7th round last year. He's a smart, physical player who seems to fit the mold of what Frazier likes in his middle backers and I'd be willing to bet that he'll get a chance to prove himself this next season before they think about investing such a high pick at the position.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings are not trading up. There is no chance of that happening.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
John Clayton
‏@ClaytonESPN
If there is a way, the Minnesota Vikings would like to find a way to take Manti Te'o in first round.
Quote:
Ian Rapoport
‏@RapSheet
The #Vikings and #Bears love Manti Te'o. If Minnesota wants to grab him, they'll need to jump up over Chicago. That's what they plan to do
Do you guys think the interest on both team's parts is real or smokescreen? I know a lot of fans here would hate the pick, but I'd be very happy with it, wouldn't dig trading up, but depending on the price, I'd still be happy with it.

The more and more I think about it, though, the more I want Arthur Brown and Xavier Rhodes with 23 and 25.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I wouldn't buy the majority of rumors today.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I wouldn't buy the majority of rumors today.
Yeah I have been trying to avoid the majority of rumors the past week. I think this is a smokescreen by the Bears trying to make the Vikings trade up to get a player.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I wouldn't be worried about the rumors if it didn't sound so much like something we would do... I've kind of been forcing myself to warm up to the idea of Te'o for a while now. I didn't really like harrison smith at the time either, but we all know how that turned out.

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would despise a trade-up for Te'o. I'm making myself become content with taking Te'o at 25 as it is. Now if we traded down for Te'o with perhaps ATL or SF, maybe I could get on board with something like that.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to trade up for anyone. We've got serious holes, and this is a draft with depth, not stars. If we can trade down and get who we want, great. If stay where we are, that's fine too.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post

6.189 - Jeff Baca, OG, UCLA

Just here to toot my own horn but I got the correct pick and in the correct round haha. Talk about luck. Last year I got Rhett Ellison correct but I had him in the 7th, not the 4th.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Michael Mauti pick here. A lot of people had him rated higher then a 7th rounder.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...truck/2117771/

Quote:
It's often said a football player is so physical he hits like a truck.

Travis Bond will be the judge of that.

The former North Carolina offensive lineman, who was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings in the seventh round Saturday, impressed teams with his size (6-6, 329 pounds) and surprisingly good workouts this spring.

Yet nothing has been wowing team scouts, doctors and trainers more than the story behind a wrist injury he suffered last year. Bond was hit by an SUV. And he got right back up.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Here is a list of some of the UDFAs the vikings signed.

Quote:
• Furman tight end Colin Anderson
• North Carolina State safety Brandan Bishop
• Penn offensive lineman Joe Bonadies
• Eastern Washington receiver Nicholas Edwards
• Georgia Southern linebacker Darius Eubanks
• North Carolina receiver Erik Highsmith
• Portland State end Marquis Jackson
• Southern Methodist fullback Zach Line
• Fresno State running back Robbie Rouse
• Winona State running back Rayon Simmons
• Florida State receiver Rodney Smith
• Kentucky end Collins Ukwu
• Iowa quarterback James Vandenberg
• North Carolina State linebacker Camden Wentz
• Furman running back Jerodis Williams
• Ohio State end Nathan Williams

Old 04-28-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overall I'm happy with the Vikings draft. Addressed three of their four major needs in a big way early on. Grabbed a few LB's later on, maybe one can be something.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote