Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-23-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Nothing left to do but hope for the best and jump on board

Revis trade done, love it, hate it, it doesn't matter. All we can do is hope he is the same guy as befiore and can be the VJax of the secondary.

With two pickups, our secondary is radically different.

We have Revis to cover the other teams' #1: Colston, Julio Jones, S. Smith...and suddenly Eric Wright doesn't seem like such a bad thing covering whomever the Saints throw out there, Roddy White and whoever is the the #2 for the Panthers.

Mark Barron is hopefully another year better and paired with Goldson one of the two should be able to do better against TEs than we did last season.

I still think we go after a CB at least once in the first 4 rounds in the draft. I also would love to see Ronde Barber to come back in his nickelback role again. Having him on the field for 50-67% of the snaps in the role he redefined might make this defense elite.

I think the D is one good penetrating DT, a rangy pass coverage savvy MLB, and a nickel pass rusher away from being among the best in the league.

RDE Clayborn
NT Landri/Gibson----draft pick (Short, J. Williams, S. Williams, B. Williams)
UT McCoy
LDE Bowers

SLB Watson/Casillas/Hayward/Goode/draft pick
MLB Foster/Goode/draft pick
WLB David

CB Wright
FS Goldson
SS Barron
CB Revis
NB Barber/Johnson/Gorrer/M. Lewis

You can really see this defense has a ton of potential.

The biggest weaknesses IMO are at Mike and NT. Foster is well below average in coverage and neither Landri nor Gibson give me much confidence that they will be better than Roy Miller was.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the bucs go cb early. Ro˝des not a gurantee and wright has had that nagging Achilles. Lb could be another position.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the bucs go cb early. Ro˝des not a gurantee and wright has had that nagging Achilles. Lb could be another position.
I agree, Wright is on a one year deal and both our starting CB's have injury concerns. Would be smart to draft one early for insurance and to get ready for next year. I can see a LB early also with the way Schiano likes to blitz.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
I agree, Wright is on a one year deal and both our starting CB's have injury concerns. Would be smart to draft one early for insurance and to get ready for next year. I can see a LB early also with the way Schiano likes to blitz.
Wright never tore the tendon. There is no reason to believe that the injury will linger. Leonard Johnson can be a fine NB, Barber is perhaps the all-time greatest. CB is NOT a position of need right now. In the future, maybe and quite probably, but not right now. The biggest holes on this team are NT, LB (Sam or Mike, one or the other) and TE. I'm not saying CB won't be addressed early, it just won't be addressed first now.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Wright never tore the tendon. There is no reason to believe that the injury will linger. Leonard Johnson can be a fine NB, Barber is perhaps the all-time greatest. CB is NOT a position of need right now. In the future, maybe and quite probably, but not right now. The biggest holes on this team are NT, LB (Sam or Mike, one or the other) and TE. I'm not saying CB won't be addressed early, it just won't be addressed first now.
But barber isn't a gurantee and in one on one match ups the past 2 years, even yes, lined up at safety, he struggled. I love Ronde but I think his days at CB could be numbered. And yes, Achilles injuries, regardless if it's torn or not, could linger. Think Aqib Talib's hamstring injury.

I like Leonard Johnson, but Wright is on a 1 year deal right now. We'd be looking for another starter next year.

I'm not saying to reach for a CB. But if a Jamar Taylor is there or Jonathon Banks at 43, they'd be pretty tough to pass up. Or a Logan Ryan in round 3.

I really don;t think we need to touch the offense as much as people think. Sure TE could be a luxury pick, but depends on where Dom has guys like Escobar, Reed, or Ertz valued at. Everything I read, Sully's offense, the TE is mainly the 4th/5th option (interchangable). That's why I don't see us going another WR (unless we're not confident Mike Williams and the Bucs can agree on an extension)./
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Completely agree. If we can land two starters anywhere on the team with our 2nd and 3rd round pick, we could be in contention for the playoffs. Just have to hope Freeman can get the job done.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:33 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free played some amazing ball last year and some really ugly ball last year. I just think if he stops those meltdown games we will be alright.

Also I'm really hoping Darius Slay falls to us in the 3rd round. To me that would be perfect.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely a make or break year for Josh, I know he is young but if he can not get it done two years in the same offense combined with another offseason(this one) to get familiar with the playcalling he may never get it in his career. Plus add in a TE with one of our 4th round picks for a insurance blanket and it will do wonders.

I think our 1st pick should address the NT position, but we definitely should not reach because there is always the possibility of trading back and getting more picks. Personally I like Williams from Alabama but I got a feeling he may not be there at the 43rd pick.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Completely agree. If we can land two starters anywhere on the team with our 2nd and 3rd round pick, we could be in contention for the playoffs. Just have to hope Freeman can get the job done.
Where do we need starters, though? Serious question... And this is a good problem to have.

On offense, the starters are essentially set, though you could make a case that a rookie could push Demar Dotson for the RT spot.

On defense, the secondary and defensive end positions are set. The only place where you could expect to see a rookie starter is at SLB and DT.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
But barber isn't a gurantee and in one on one match ups the past 2 years, even yes, lined up at safety, he struggled. I love Ronde but I think his days at CB could be numbered. And yes, Achilles injuries, regardless if it's torn or not, could linger. Think Aqib Talib's hamstring injury.

I like Leonard Johnson, but Wright is on a 1 year deal right now. We'd be looking for another starter next year.

I'm not saying to reach for a CB. But if a Jamar Taylor is there or Jonathon Banks at 43, they'd be pretty tough to pass up. Or a Logan Ryan in round 3.

I really don;t think we need to touch the offense as much as people think. Sure TE could be a luxury pick, but depends on where Dom has guys like Escobar, Reed, or Ertz valued at. Everything I read, Sully's offense, the TE is mainly the 4th/5th option (interchangable). That's why I don't see us going another WR (unless we're not confident Mike Williams and the Bucs can agree on an extension)./
No, an Achilles is a tendon. If it is healed, it's healed, much like a muscle. Hamstring injuries for Talib are constant. This is the first for Wright. If it healed, it is no longer an issue.