Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-19-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Anybody else think the Jets are going to end up moving down from 39? I imagine Idzik is going to want to move down at some point, and I'd be surprised if anyone wants to move into the top ten/top half of round 1. But early round 2 tends to be a hot spot for moving up. Who knows, but it's something I'd been kicking around.
If that report about Izdik really liking Ertz is true, I doubt a move down in the 2nd, but yeah aside from Ertz I don't see much need for the 39th pick it's all DTs, CBs, and WRs there, not any huge needs like TE, FS, or OLB...

That said we have been putting some time on DTs like Sylvester Williams, Star, and Richardson, so maybe they go DT in the 2nd if the value is there. The wide variety of positions we've been working out but simply looking at guys in our draft pick range leads me to believe Izdik is going to take a BPA approach to this draft, so nothing will surprise me. We may very well end up with someone like Star Lotulelei even though DT isn't really a need (like this f'ed up forum mock where I couldn't trade Star after the fact heh).

Last edited by Robcards : 04-19-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interior DL would not be something that I would be happy with prior to day three. I get that a rotation is needed, but they've got their long term interior DL no matter what the scheme is on the roster. They're young and all under contract at least this season and next. Ertz I don't particularly like either. It'll be interesting to see how true the player specific rumors are.

Looks like the Jets will end up trading Revis shortly. Lots of talk about them going QB with one of those two picks. Thursday should be interesting.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like the Revis deal will be for #13 and 2 2014 picks (hopefully a 2nd rounder at least since we're getting nothing extra in 2013).

Here's my ideal Jets draft assuming no trades:

1 (9): Barkevious Mingo - Duh.
1 (13): Kenny Vaccaro - I think the value is here but I think the Dolphins are seriously considering Vaccaro at 12, FS is a need for them as well.
2 (39): Zach Ertz - Not too worried about the knocks on him, Keller was awful at blocking as well, I like him, not as much as Eifert obviously but I like him.
3 (72): Tyler Bray - Pro bowler or bust, I think if we're going to take a QB in this draft, I want the guy that we're not going to waste 4 years on if he doesn't work out. He'll either be amazing or out of the league in less time than that, let's gamble.
4 (106): Chris Harper or Tavarres King - Quite a few day 3 receivers I like, feel that we can get a solid #4 guy and hopefully have them progress to a starter for next year when Holmes is bye-bye.
5 (141): Vinston Painter - I like his measurables and think he can play either guard spot or RT, his earliest chance at starting would be at RG though.
6 (178): Jawan Jamison or Zac Stacy - I love the depth of this RB class, I think an undrafted FA is going to lead rookies in rushing this year, so I don't even think we particularly need to draft one. UDFAs I like are Spencer Ware and Miguel Maysonet.
7 (215): Abry Jones - I think this guy is immensely underrated. He can fill the Mike Devito role as a an early down 5-tech run stopper, especially if Coples doesn't progress to be a solid 2-gap run stopper.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayock on NFLN just said he thinks Austin-Eifert would make sense at 9 and 13. Sure would improve the skill group. Major issue is that they'd need both a QB and an OLB next year.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mayock on NFLN just said he thinks Austin-Eifert would make sense at 9 and 13. Sure would improve the skill group. Major issue is that they'd need both a QB and an OLB next year.
Both of those can still be acquired outside the 1st round. Lots of quality players still around to kick the can at.

So pumped to see how this weekend plays out.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:28 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys should go defense with all 4 of your first picks. I would take care of the defense in this draft. Then take care of the offense in next years draft. After you cut Mark and Homels.

My best draft for you guys

9. Ezekiel Ansah
13. Barkevious Mingo
39. John Cyprien
72. Tyrann Mathieu
106. Marcus Lattimore
141. Traded for Chris Ivory

This to me you guys can't do any better. Every Level of the defense would have young explosive players on it Dline- Coples and Wilkerson, LB Core- Ziggy- Mingo and Davis, Secondary- Crprien, Mathieu and Wilson

Plus two big body RB to play the way Rex wants too.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:07 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Both of those can still be acquired outside the 1st round. Lots of quality players still around to kick the can at.

So pumped to see how this weekend plays out.
Both of those referring to the WR/TE or the QB/OLB? To me Austin is a unique mismatch guy which is the only reason I'd take him, but they could get a long-term complement to Hill outside the first relatively easily (Robert Woods is a guy who makes sense on paper). Can easily see them getting a TE outside of the first round. Obviously it's possible to get a QB or OLB outside of the first rounds, but the good ones tend to go in the first.

As for going all defense with the first 4 picks, I don't think Ziggy/Mingo are available at 9 and 13 and I don't think they double dip on OLB either. I'd be less surprised by them not drafting an OLB than double dipping since they appear to have brought back/in two guys who can/will play significant snaps in Pace and Barnes. Nickel corner isn't a huge need either, if they take a guy (particularly that early) I'd rather it's someone who can potentially push Wilson back into the slot.

Last edited by derza222 : 04-23-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Both of those referring to the WR/TE or the QB/OLB? To me Austin is a unique mismatch guy which is the only reason I'd take him, but they could get a long-term complement to Hill outside the first relatively easily (Robert Woods is a guy who makes sense on paper). Can easily see them getting a TE outside of the first round. Obviously it's possible to get a QB or OLB outside of the first rounds, but the good ones tend to go in the first.

As for going all defense with the first 4 picks, I don't think Ziggy/Mingo are available at 9 and 13 and I don't think they double dip on OLB either. I'd be less surprised by them not drafting an OLB than double dipping since they appear to have brought back/in two guys who can/will play significant snaps in Pace and Barnes. Nickel corner isn't a huge need either, if they take a guy (particularly that early) I'd rather it's someone who can potentially push Wilson back into the slot.
Just me, but I think there is a solid chance both are there at #9, not so sure about #13.

I love the Austin/Eifert combination for the Jets, it would prepare the following season for a new QB if Sanchez absolutely doesn't rebound. I think you need to put offensive talent in place to see what Sanchez can do and to leave a strong offensive base should a new QB be brought in the following season.

Nobody is going to score a whole lot on Ryan's defense anyways and an improved offense will take some pressure off that defense.

IMO, both Ansah and Mingo just carry too high a bust potential to gamble on their success. Now if Milliner slips to #9, then he would be a solid pick as well although Rhodes might also be available at #13.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Not big on Milliner. Earliest I'd be okay at all with them going corner is if they trade down from 13 into the late first. Moving Revis and then taking a corner (when you already have a #1 guy in Cromartie) with the pick you got or a higher pick is even worse than a lateral move.

Depending on what they do at the OLB position, I found a mid-round sleeper I like: Trevardo Williams out of UConn. Had 11.5 sacks this past season. In the two games this past season on youtube against Louisville and NC State, he was in the backfield frequently. A little undersized at 6'1 and a half, 241 but looks stout against college tackles and capable of holding up the edge. Put up 30 reps at the combine, so he's definitely strong for his size. Ran an official 4.57 there as well which is impressive, along with a 38 inch vertical and a 10 foot 4 broad jump, so solid explosion numbers. For a day three guy he's an interesting option.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want a corner at 9 or 13 either. CB seems to be very deep this year. Very good corners will be available on day 3 and even at the beginning of day 3.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Yeah there's some really interesting guys who should be around early day 3. Makes me a little more reluctant about trading that 4/5 for Ivory, but I'd imagine Idzik can recoup it in a trade down. Still don't think they'll be picking at 39, particularly if they can't move 13.

Definitely warming up to the idea of Geno Smith as we get closer to the draft.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a quick suggestion.

If you guys want to jump ahead of us and snatch Nassib, it would be much appreciated before I snap on draft night.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hi guys. I have been seeing Tavon Austin mocked to the Jets a lot lately, and I was wondering what you think of that? Is he a fit there? Do you see it happening? He is kind of the concensus pick for the Rams if he fell to #16, but I keep hearing that he will be gone before then.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Hi guys. I have been seeing Tavon Austin mocked to the Jets a lot lately, and I was wondering what you think of that? Is he a fit there? Do you see it happening? He is kind of the concensus pick for the Rams if he fell to #16, but I keep hearing that he will be gone before then.
He isn't a fit. Don't want. Would rather have some combo of Mingo or Ansah/Vaccaro/Eifert. Even Warmack/cooper would be better than Austin. People need to calm down on that guy he isn't all that and a bag of potato chips.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He will be gone before then without question.

Here's one reason the Jets won't draft Geno Smith. He has 32 career fumbles. After what they've seen with turnovers the past few years I don't think they have it in them to take that kind of leap of faith.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Just a quick suggestion.

If you guys want to jump ahead of us and snatch Nassib, it would be much appreciated before I snap on draft night.
I will cry if that happens.

Disagree with Rob regarding Austin. The Jets need guys who can create mismatches on offense and playmakers. Austin does both, and is much more than just a slot receiver. I don't see how teams are going to cover him in the NFL. There's no way he makes it to 16 IMO. Not sure the Jets take him, but I'd be quite happy if they did.

Interesting point on Geno gpngc. I don't know what to think about the QB position. This class is definitely deeper than most, but everybody's got flaws. My favorite (not necessarily the best, but the guy with the traits I like) is still probably Glennon, and I think he's a solid fit in the new offense. Would love for the Jets to find a legit franchise QB, I'm alright with them taking shots until they find one.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So this is how I could see the Jets drafting. Although, I am hoping for some type of trade down to gain picks. I think there is great value at WR in the second round and would like for them to gain a pick there somehow to take advantage.

RD 1:
9 – Mingo - OLB – I think the noise behind Ryan’s infatuation with this guy is real. Plan B Pick – Cooper - OG

13 – Eiffert- TE – Jets have made little signings here and there to fill some holes on the roster. It doesn’t seem as though I’ve heard any rumors of a plan for TE in free agency. I think this pick will be an offensive playmaker even if they pass on Eiffert. Plan B Pick – Austin - WR

RD 2:
39 – Manuel- QB – If Manuel is gone, I still think the Jets pick is QB here. Manuel gives us a QB with potential, but also doesn’t tie Idzik’s legacy to it if the pick doesn’t work out. Could still draft a QB next year. Plan B Pick – Reid - FS

RD 3:
72 – Swearinger – FS – Seems to be a favorite on this site. Hope he falls this far. Plan B Pick – Banks - CB

RD 4:
106 – Winters – OG – Tough, physical, and durable are words I see thrown around about him. Would be a nice addition to the line. Plan B Pick – Washington - OLB

RD 5:
141 – Trade to NO for Ivory

I know they have a 6th and 7th round pick, and I was trying to piece together some names. I decided that I don’t know enough about many guys this late, so I didn’t want to insult you guys by just throwing up some names here. I do think Marcus Davis – VT WR would be an interesting pick in the 7th though. He is similar to Hill, so probably not an option.

Thoughts? You guys going to throw your mocks up here ???
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm good with your mock. It is similar to how i see things playing out. I haven't posted anything because I honestly see so many ways that things can play out, and that we can go. I feel confident we take Mingo, and i'm comfortable with that. The more i watch him the more i think he can succeed. His first step and athletic ability are impressive. I think as an OLB he can be an effective pass rusher. Still room for his body to grow as well.

I used to be against Eifert, but i'm really coming around on him. I like him being our pick more than Austin because he is a bigger position of need and he has the physical ability we need, especially in the red zone, to help out any QB. Austin is electric, but I don't know if he is a need pick as much as a playmaking TE. I think we improve our unit more with Eifert.

Other options are Cooper/Warmack (both of which would provide upgrades and help both the run and pass game) or Vaccaro (which will address a big hole in our D and help cover the TE in our division).

I would be okay with drafting a QB in the 2nd round, although I wouldn't mind taking a guard if we pass in the 1st round. Safety in the 3rd (Swearinger specifically) would be great as i like the options, or possibly Tyler Wilson (i'd be very happy with that).

Anything can happen. My excitement level is through the roof.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My mock

#9: Stephen Cooper, OG
I know drafting a guard with a top 10 pick would be criticized, but I think Cooper can completely change how our offense runs the football/protects the QB. They desperately need a solid offensive line with our QB issues and lack of weapons in the passing game.
Plan B: Dion Jordan, OLB
I'm torn on Jordan, but Rex seems high on him. He definitely has the potential to be a difference maker rushing the passer.

#13: Barkevious Mingo, OLB
He's another guy that I'm torn on, but (like Jordan) the potential is there. I think Rex could have a lot of fun moving him and Barnes around in passing situations. His first step off the snap is fast as ****, and we haven't had a consistent edge rusher in a long time.
Plan B: Tyler Eifert, TE
I'd much rather have them trade down and pick him up in the 20s, but that's why he's the 'plan b.' He fills a big hole and has the potential to be a serious threat down the middle and in the red zone.

Round 2: Mike Glennon, QB
While I'm not 100% convinced that I want them to select a QB in the first few rounds, I think there is a good chance that they will. Glennon fits Mornhinweg's offense, and it seems that he may be the safest option at QB. They could really use someone to push Sanchez next year and take over in 2014.
Plan B: David Amerson, DB
Like the Eifert pick, this is somewhat of a reach, but I'd love to see him in green. He's got great size, runs real well in coverage, and appears to be a ball hawk. He's has the potential to be an immediate starter at nickle corner or free safety.

Round 3: DJ Swearinger, S
I don't really need to explain this pick. Everyone is pretty high on this guy.
Plan B: Larry Warford, OG
They need to address the interior offensive line. Warford is a big, mean guard.

Round 4: Jordan Reed, TE
I'm not sure if he'll still be around at this point, but we should snatch him up if he is. He reminds me a lot like Keller. I think he could thrive in our new west coast system.
Plan B: Josh Evans, S
He's one of my mid round sleepers. His athleticism is very impressive.

Round 5: Trade to NO for Ivory
Old 04-24-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know their sources, but Gang Green Nation is reporting that Cordarrelle Patterson is in play for Jets.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I don't know their sources, but Gang Green Nation is reporting that Cordarrelle Patterson is in play for Jets.
Holmes, Patterson, Kerley, and Hill would be a dangerous receivers corp. It would also eliminate the need for a tight end early.

I just hope they trade down. There are so many different options in the first round, let's acquire as many picks and let the other teams make our decision for us.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
If they can fill some sort of need at 9 and then trade down from 13 into the 20's and grab Patterson there that would be nice. Could be a #4 receiver early on, just get the ball into his hands, adds explosiveness to the offense, fits the WCO, takes over for Holmes as a great complement to Hill in 2014. I mentioned this before, but in some regards he makes more sense than Austin because he can play as an outside receiver and I'm not sure how much of an immediate impact they're looking for with Holmes still in the fold this year. If they both develop, offense goes from stagnant to dynamic. And in the trade down they'd net extra picks. Would definitely approve.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 1h
Talked to OLB Barkevious Mingo. He said he's had very little contact with the #Jets. Ditto, G Jonathan Cooper. G Chance Warmack visited.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 1h
Talked to OLB Barkevious Mingo. He said he's had very little contact with the #Jets. Ditto, G Jonathan Cooper. G Chance Warmack visited.
Damn. I prefer Cooper to Warmack.

Although I'm cool with either if they decide to go guard in the first.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I really hope they don't go guard in the first.

Have to keep in mind this is a new front office, visits may not mean as much. Trying to misdirect, etc. But I'm frankly not surprised. Guards can be found later, Mingo's fit can be questioned.