Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-23-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Marcus Lattimore

Would he have been an elite prospect if he hadn't gotten injured in 2011 or 2012? I personally thought he was a better running back than Trent Richardson before the injuries. What are your thoughts?
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would have been the best RB prospect since AD, even more than Spiller and T-Rich.

Definite Top 10 pick - the natural skills, intangibles, off the field etc etc. He had it all

I remember first watching his tapes in HS when FSU was recruiting him and thinking how awesome he was on pretty much every play.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If if's and and's were pots and pans, the whole world would be a kitchen.

That said, I'd say he would have been comparable to Richardson and probably have been a top 10 pick.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I prefer the slogan "If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle".

Carry on....

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-23-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree that he would have been an elite prospect if he hadn't gotten injured. Even with no torn ACLs throughout his entire college career, I think he would have been a borderline first round pick.

He's (reportedly) a great person, and he's smart and a hard worker, I just never saw the kind of top notch athleticism I look for in a first round back (even before he tore his first ACL.)

All this "best RB since Peterson" stuff is just astonishing to me, since I never saw anything close to that. I don't really think he would have graded out better than David Wilson, let alone Trent Richardson.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Cabbage

He had the most important things for a RB - Natural field vision and always falling forward like Edge James. Very similar runner. Also, he had great hands coming out of the backfield.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-23-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Cabbage

He had the most important things for a RB - Natural field vision and always falling forward like Edge James. Very similar runner. Also, he had great hands coming out of the backfield.
I acknowledge that. My grade on him in 2010 was "potential second round pick". If I'm spending a first round pick on an RB, I need something "special" there. I never saw anything "special" in Lattimore (I didn't in Doug Martin either, I liked him, but wouldn't have taken him in the first.)

There's always lots of RBs, I never saw Lattimore as the kind of guy that if you passed on him once, you weren't going to get anything near the same quality of player the next time you pick.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't call him elite. That word goes to physical freaks. Lattimore isn't one.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

So both of you considered D-Mac a more "elite" prospect?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-23-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I had a higher grade on McFadden than I would have had on Lattimore had he maintained his production pre-injury.

I was nowhere near as high on McFadden as the Raiders were, however. I had him with a mid-first grade.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I disagree that he would have been an elite prospect if he hadn't gotten injured. Even with no torn ACLs throughout his entire college career, I think he would have been a borderline first round pick.

He's (reportedly) a great person, and he's smart and a hard worker, I just never saw the kind of top notch athleticism I look for in a first round back (even before he tore his first ACL.)

All this "best RB since Peterson" stuff is just astonishing to me, since I never saw anything close to that. I don't really think he would have graded out better than David Wilson, let alone Trent Richardson.
I agree. He'd be no lock to be the first back taken in this draft IMO. He could have easily gone in the 3rd, depending on his Combine.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Felix Jones was better than McFadden.

I wasn't right, but I might have been closer than the Raiders were. I never understood the talk about McFadden being better than AD. That was just stupid.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I thought Felix Jones was better than McFadden.

I wasn't right, but I might have been closer than the Raiders were. I never understood the talk about McFadden being better than AD. That was just stupid.
People love speed

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Lattimore was putting up Heisman-like numbers before his injury in 2011. Also, he broke off a few big runs in conference play. Finally, his ability to stop and start at his size was pretty amazing.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

im as big of a trent richardson fan as there is, latimore would very much be on par with trent had he not shredded his knees
Old 04-23-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No doubt top 10 pick before the injuries.. Right below AD and Run Dmc as a prospect. His HS tape and freshman year were the start of a legend. The reason I would still have no problem using a 2nd day pick on him. Plus he has the one thing you can't teach in a player, heart. I'd never bet against the guy.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I fully agree, no where near an elite prospect, maybe late round 1 or early round 2 before he got injured but that is about it.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't mind him in sf for a future RB to replace Gore.
49erNation85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:10 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
McFadden has great speed but a horrible build for a RB. If he was a WR, I'd consider him elite. Being too skinny for a RB doesn't equate to "physical freak".
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:44 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post

That said, I'd say he would have been comparable to Richardson and probably have been a top 10 pick.
Quote:
I prefer the slogan "If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle".

Carry on....
I prefer "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts then every day would be Erntedankfest"
Old 04-24-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I prefer "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts then every day would be Erntedankfest"
"if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass when he hops."

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
McFadden has great speed but a horrible build for a RB. If he was a WR, I'd consider him elite. Being too skinny for a RB doesn't equate to "physical freak".
Spot on analysis.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Simply Keak
Rookie

Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He still wouldn't be on Richardson's level ... This guy wasn't dominating college .. He was getting like 120 yards on 30 carries a game. A better Cedric Benson. Late first round type of guy.
Simply Keak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Keak View Post
He still wouldn't be on Richardson's level ... This guy wasn't dominating college .. He was getting like 120 yards on 30 carries a game. A better Cedric Benson. Late first round type of guy.
Agreed Completely.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote