Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 04-23-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
With TT, you never know which way he'll go. They definitely need another WR and they have been looking for a RB for YEARS, but personally I'm hoping they get some goddamn tough HOGS up front on the OL and DL. It all starts there and this team's OL/DL just doesn't stack up vs the physical teams in the conference. Raji having another stud next to him likely elevates his game and it just creates a domino effect throughout the entire D. They need to get stronger up front, period

I want a NT or DE and OT/OG early and often. They could conceivably trade down 10-15 spots and still get a good NT + adding another top 100 pick

there's 0% chance of it but damn would it be great if they traded up to get Lotulelei
that scenario hadn't even crossed my mind, but you're right, that would be awesome. he'd be a day one starter opposite raji and playing 3-4 defensive end he'd give us that interior force we don't really have at the moment. would be great for both our run and pass d.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Justin Pugh to be our first round selection. He'd be an instant upgrade over Marshall Newhouse and then we wouldn't be tempted to pay Newhouse in the form of an extension either.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

I want Sheldon Richardson in the first round I hope this guy falls to us.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I want Justin Pugh to be our first round selection. He'd be an instant upgrade over Marshall Newhouse and then we wouldn't be tempted to pay Newhouse in the form of an extension either.
HAHA - JMike was right.....Pugh is a guy we see differently.

I am not a fan of his. I think he is a guard or RT. He is a worse prospect when comparing him to Sherrod a couple of years ago (and I was not a fan of Sherrod either).

However, I do like us taking a LT - just not him. I really want Terron Armstead, and I don't think he is as big of project as some might think he is.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
I want Sheldon Richardson in the first round I hope this guy falls to us.
Really dont see him even lasting through the top 15 picks. He is right there with Sharrif Floyd in terms of ability.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Really dont see him even lasting through the top 15 picks. He is right there with Sharrif Floyd in terms of ability.
I think ur right he prob won't get out of the top15. But I still hope he falls to us.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
I am not a fan of his. I think he is a guard or RT. He is a worse prospect when comparing him to Sherrod a couple of years ago (and I was not a fan of Sherrod either).
Pugh has absolutely tremendous feet and balance for the left tackle position and the tape at Syracuse was as good as any tackle in the class. There are concerns with arm length (overblown) and he does need to get a little stronger, but that's something fixable.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
I think ur right he prob won't get out of the top15. But I still hope he falls to us.
I don't know if Richardson will go Top 15, but I also don't see St. Louis passing on him twice, Minnesota likewise, Dallas, or Indianapolis.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pugh has absolutely tremendous feet and balance for the left tackle position and the tape at Syracuse was as good as any tackle in the class. There are concerns with arm length (overblown) and he does need to get a little stronger, but that's something fixable.
That description -and film- reminds me an awful lot of TJ Lang coming out of the small Michigan school about 3-4 years ago.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
That description -and film- reminds me an awful lot of TJ Lang coming out of the small Michigan school about 3-4 years ago.
As a prospect, Lang didn't have the feet/balance of Pugh and that's why he was forced inside to guard. Lang was also more physical than Pugh so the transition to guard was more natural for him.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:39 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

draft day 2013 is finally here!

Old 04-25-2013, 07:25 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll wait all day, and hours tonight.... maybe 4 hours... and I expect a trade down & out, no pick tonight!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:29 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
We'll wait all day, and hours tonight.... maybe 4 hours... and I expect a trade down & out, no pick tonight!!!
I get that feeling as well

Old 04-25-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

Alright, well, I feel I suck this year, and have just no clue which direction the Packers will go, so here is my mock draft.

*I haven't included any trades, but I am hoping for a trade down.

1st Round - Eddie Lacy, RB, BAMA - I am not the biggest fan of drafting a RB early, but I see Lacy being there as long as the Rams and Bengals don't draft him. He has the power and speed to make a great 1-2 punch with Harris.

2nd Round - Terron Armstead, LT, Arkansas Pine-Bluff - If he is here when we pick, I will be surprised. I would ideally like to trade down for him. We need a LT, and I really don't want to go into the season with our hopes on Newhouse/Sherrod/Datko. Even though I would love it if we could move Bulaga over, I don't want to mess with his development at RT. With regard to Armstead, I don't view him as a big time project. He has the strength and agility, just needs to be coached up a little more.

3rd Round - Bennie Logan, DE, LSU - He is a high motor, good locker room guy. He has played in a 3-4 and has long arms. I think he will only get better.

4th Round - Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall - Not sure if he will be here, but he has the ability to stretch the field vertically. I really like his size as well.

5th Round - Micah Hyde, FS, Iowa - The Packers reach back into the Iowa pool, and draft Hyde. He is very smart. He is a little weak, but I like his upside.

5th Round - Levine Toilolo, TE, Stanford - Big TE that has the opportunity to develop physically. I am just a fan of his size, but he needs to hit the weight room.

6th Round - Jordan Campbell, ILB/FB/OLB, New Mexico Highlands - Transfer from USC, physical freak of nature. Ran 4.56, repped 32 x 225, 36.5 vert at pro day. Tore up D-2 football.

7th Round - Eric Martin, OLB, Nebraska - I just like him as a player. Probably not the ideal size you look for but a good player.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Feeling a trade down myself. All the talk is of teams looking to vault back into the late first to snag these quarterbacks.

Here's hoping it's Jacksonville. There should be excellent value at what, 34? Don't have the points chart handy but it might mean their 3rd as well.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My gut tells me Lacy is in for a rude awakening in the pros, but who really knows. I'd much rather trade back into upper half of the 2nd and take Armstead (or whatever tackle is preferred) then one of the other RBs at our original slot in round 2. But of course you need a trading partner for that to work. I'm hoping someone will be eager to get back into the first for one of the QBs or maybe a defensive linemen slips and someone bites.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DREAM SCENARIO

GB trades pick 26 for Buffalo's 2nd and 3rd rounder. Here is what I hope it would look like!

Round 2a

Sylvester Williams, DE North Carolina (6'3, 305)

Round 2b

Johnathan Franklin, RB UCLA (5'10, 205)

Round 3a

Aaron Dobson, WR Marshall (6'3, 205)

Round 3b

Kiko Alonso, ILB Oregon (6'3, 242)

Round 4

Vance McDonald, TE Rice (6'4, 267)

Round 5a

Earl Watford, G James Madison (6'3, 300)

Round 5b

Reid Fragel, OT Ohio State (6'7, 308)

Round 6

Armonty Bryant, OLB East Central (OK) (6'4, 263)

Round 7

Jared Smith, DE New Hampshire (6'4, 302)
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

i'd love to trade down and be able to get Williams but that's not gonna happen

Old 04-25-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got 18 beers and a fifth of vodka. Let's do this.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Got 18 beers and a fifth of vodka. Let's do this.
I just got myself a bottle vodka so I'm set too haha

Old 04-25-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Interesting draft so far

Old 04-25-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Interesting draft so far
Your boy Pugh went real soon.....
Shocker by the Bears with Kyle Long... over both Tyler Eifert and Manti Te'o.
I wanted Eifert, who went next to Cinci.
Vikings will take Te'o and a WR I bet.

We could get Sharrif or Tank Carradine.
I want Arthur Brown or Cyprien, but Brown preferably as I see a great career from him.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Werner, Hunter, Patterson or Sylvester Williams.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Werner or Williams please

Old 04-25-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

If we get Hunter, I'm buying a ******* jersey.