Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 04-24-2013, 04:29 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
4 (66) Raiders – Kawann Short DT/Purdue
Reggie has made it abundantly clear that love of the game and a strong work ethic are keys to becoming a Raider.

Short won't be a Raider.

Quote:
8 (176) Cardinals (from Titans through Vikings) – Jasper Collins WR/Mount Union
Raiders own this pick via the Carson Palmer trade.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:11 AM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barrett Jones is not falling to the end of the 4th.
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:12 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take it for the 49ers. Jones and Reid make a lot of sense at 31 and 34. I think Kelce is a great fit and the 2nd most talented TE in this draft class. Love getting Alford in the 3rd. If Winters can play C then I understand the pick, I don't know much about him but have heard the name frequently. King and Kruger work in the 4th. That's all I'll comment on. Good work.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:00 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks good for the steelers, i do think they would take bray in the 4th round though
Old 04-24-2013, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a great Jags mock with the big exception of the 1st round pick. I don't blame you because of the rumors which support the pick of Fisher, but I would probably go to the zoo and throw tennis balls at the monkeys if they took him.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll second 'Canes, only real issue for the Jets is the missing TE - starting Jeff Cumberland this year would be a bit rough. Other than that I generally like the players, fits, and values. Going 7 rounds and keeping it reasonable is always impressive.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see all the Packers selections happening. Pugh would make me a happy camper.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post

Round 1

2 Jaguars – Eric Fisher OT/Central Michigan
20 Bears – Geno Smith QB/West Virginia

Round 2

1 (33) Jaguars – Matt Barkley QB/USC
20 (50) Bears – Zach Ertz TE/Stanford

Round 3
2 (64) Jaguars – DJ Swearinger S/South Carolina

Round 4
1 (98) Jaguars – Sanders Commings CB/Georgis
20 (117) Bears – Kiko Alonso LB/Oregon

Round 5
2 (135) Jaguars – Reid Fragel OT/Ohio State
20 (153) Bears - Hugh Thornton OG/Illinois

Round 6
1 (169) Jaguars – Kenjon Barner RB/ORegon
20 (188) Bears – Mark Harrison WR/Rutgers

Round 7
2 (208) Jaguars – Mike Catapano DE/Princeton
State
For the Bears, I am not a fan of this draft at all. I suppose if Geno Smith fell that far, we could snag him. But I would much rather trade back in that scenario with a team who actually needs a QB. The Bear's window is rapidly shutting and drafting a QB round one would shut it completely. If this happens, I'm going to die of alcohol poisoning. I'm kind of meh on the Ertz pick. Alonso and Thonrton are picks I do really like. I'll get nitpicky with Harrison and say he isn't really the type of receiver we need.

For the Jaguars, I hate the Eric Fisher pick. What is with the Jags and Chiefs, who have very solid left tackles, trying to replace them. You won two games last year. There are obviously holes all over your team (Jaguars especially). Why pick a guy at a position of strength? Or are you going to play Fisher at right tackle? In which case, spending the #2 pick on an RT? This very well may be the pick. Doesn't mean I like it.The rest of the draft for them I love, especially the Barner pick.

Lastly, I like how you have my man Latavius Murray getting drafted. Don't like him going to the Lions because I hate the Lions and they have LeShoure and Bush so playing time will be hard to come by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't love the Lions draft which means its likely accurate.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I...I love you. Wow.

2 giants players? Warmack? /swoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WHOA! Geno to the Bears??

But overall that's a kickass Vikings mock. I personally don't want Te'o, but can't get too upset with him in the second. Richardson and Rhodes in the first is a dream.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

8 Bills – Ryan Nassib QB/Syracuse

10 (41) Bills – Justin Hunter WR/Tennessee
13 (44) Panthers – Robert Woods WR/USC
15 (45) Chargers – Keenan Allen WR/Cal
20 (50) Bears – Zach Ertz TE/Stanford

9 (71) Bills – Jamie Collins OLB/Southern Miss

8 (105) Bills – Denard Robinson WR/Michigan
12 (109) Saints – Aaron Dobson WR/Marshall
30 (127) Falcons - Dwayne Gratz CB/UConn
32 (129) Ravens – Barrett Jones OL/Alabama

10 (143) Bills – Will Davis CB/Utah State
34 (167) Packers (compensatory selection) – Dion Sims TE/Michigan State
35 (168) Ravens (compensatory selection) – Chris Gragg TE/Arkansas

9 (177) Bills – Levin Toilolo TE/Stanford
Nassib - Works
Hunter - I think Woods and Allen project better in the WCO or version that they plan to run, Hunters gator arms over the middle, I dont think is a very good fit, despite my fondness of him as a perimeter threat. They IMO would really be swinging for the fences with Hunter.
Collins - Works
Denard - ??? Could you explain that, I dont see it, I think Dobson fits what they want more if they want to add another receiver with his route running and hands, Gratz would help out the secondary more IMO and fit the D, and Jones would provide excellent depth along the online and IMO could challenge to start at RT, could be the LG of the future as well.
Davis - Works
Toilolo - Works, I think they would like more of a recieving threat, already having a blocking TE in Lee Smith on the roster though. Toilolo and Smith would be a nice run blocking tandum.

Overall, I think its solid for Buffalo, I think Allen or Woods makes more sense in thier offense, where route running and hands matter more than down the field ability with regards to the 2nd round, they both could come in and start right away and provide functional productivity immediately. Similar thought about Denard in the 4th, his upside is fine, but his ability to function w/in the offense anytime soon IMO is questionable, where as I think Dobson is better suited, Gratz could give McKelvin competition for the #2 corner, and Jones could challenge to start at 2 spots.

That is all I have to say about that...
Old 04-24-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry Bond, but I cannot comprehend a Lions mock that has them selecting both a fullback and a kicker. Neither will occur.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would absolutely love that Giants draft. Thank you Shane.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah... That's a terrible Patriots draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. I think Hayden is better than Milliner.
3. I don't see Rambo stepping in and starting for any team day 1-so not a fan there-prefer Shamarko or Phillip Thomas there.
4. Kasa is a guy they've shown interest in so I can see that. Although I'd go bpa and take Denard Robinson.
5. I think if they're going to go with a pocket QB they'd take Wilson in the 4th rather than Landry in the 5th. And I believe we have SF's #157 pick.
6. I love Boyce as a prospect. I think it would be prudent for us to squeeze a K/P in there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Akon777
Rookie

Akon777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Great Dallas draft...if I had to be picky I'd say RB probably isnt a 2nd round need...maybe address another hole on the o-line instead. Overall you did a great job of addressing big needs.
Akon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
cjrugger
Rookie

cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.

21 (51) Redskins – Johnthan Banks CB/Mississippi St
23 (85) Redskins – JJ Wilcox S/Georgia Southern
22 (119) Redskins – Oday Aboushi OT/Virginia
21 (154) Redskins – Chase Thomas LB/Stanford
29 (162) Redskins (from Patriots) – Joseph Randle RB/Oklahoma State
23 (191) Redskins – Steve Beauharnais LB/Rutgers
22 (228) Redskins – Johnny Adams CB/Michigan State

Eh, really not too big of a fan of what we end up with here. Have a hard time passing on Elam in round 2, or are you projecting Banks to be a FS? Also I think we need an offensive playmaker before the end of the 5th round (Escobar, Denard Robinson or Swope in 3rd, Goodwin or Sanders in the 4th, or Andre Ellington earlier in the 5th).

I like the LB’s late but Banks, Wilcox and Aboushi for our first 3 would be disappointing for me

2. Zach Martin
3. Alan Robinson
4. Ed Reynolds
5. Christian Jones
cjrugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
15 Saints – Kenny Vaccaro S/Texas
13 (75) Saints – Montori Hughes DT/Tennessee Martin
12 (109) Saints – Aaron Dobson WR/Marshall
11 (144) Saints – Chris Faulk OT/LSU
15 (183) Saints – Nickell Roby CB/USC
I know you have no use for this but not drafting a single pass rusher is just really bad and its not like there isnt value for a pass rusher at some times. Also I friggin hate Vaccaro as a prospect and im lost why people consider him a first rounder so you wont make me happy with that pick either.

I would like to compliment you on the dobson pick as it is exactly the type of pick the saints would make, im not even that happy about it as i think there are bigger issues than a #5 wideout but its something the staff would surely do.

Montori Hughes is also a good match of value, need and fit so well done on that.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updated with some slight changes in the 1st round especially.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way Browns pass on Jordan if he's there at 6. No way Johnson falls outside of top 7, (or top 6 for that matter).
Old 04-24-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Updated with some slight changes in the 1st round especially.
Hayden, Reid, and Alford is one way to sure up a secondary quickly. I like all 3 players alright, but don't really like missing out on a possible replacement to Smith like we had when you had Datone mocked to us.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not bad for the Texans...

In round 1 maybe Hopkins over Hunter
In round 2 maybe Elam, Kelce, Moore over Williams
In round 3 maybe Escobar over Ryan..

But overall not too bad
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not high on this Jets draft....Like getting Ivory and we get a pass rusher earlier but...no TE? A CB in round 2 over someone like Warford? Mike Glennon in round 4 ehhh.

Might be I am just not a fan of the players.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the first round. Taylor has #1 CB skills and seems capable of turning and running with anyone. Plus he's a solid zone player who's willing to mix it up physically and is a good blitzer, so he can contribute in year one.

The 2nd round I much prefer Stedman Bailey to Markus Wheaton. While Wheaton is the more impressive vertical threat of the 2, the Patriots need someone to come in and play significant snaps from day 1. While the Patriots need someone to stretch the field vertically, they also need someone who is a plus player without the ball in their hand. Since they run so many stretch plays, crossing routes, bubble screens, and intermediate type routes with Hernandez it is essential that their primary outside guy be able to block. I suspect this is why they brought in the corpse of Michael Jenkins. Wheaton is unfortunately a pitiful blocker, and he's a guy who does best when a team finds easy ways to get the ball in his hands. This offense doesn't need to find people to give the ball to, they need someone who can open things up for other people to make plays, and to succeed when their number is called. That's why I like Bailey better because his game is refined, he can stretch the field enough, and he's a really good blocker.

John Simon scares me a lot. While I like his burst, we really just picked a similar type guy last year who did nothing in Jake Bequette. Bequette was supposed to be a hustle guy with a refined set of pass rush moves, but he was never able to beat the athletic NFL tackles and ended up on the ground too much. I fear the same thing would happen with Simon.

I think either going with Jenkins, Schwenke, or Bostic would make more sense for that 3rd round pick.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote