Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-24-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ideal Spots for Smith, Nassib & Manuel?

With the way things are shaping up there may be 3 OL to go within the Top 5 of the draft with 2 going #1 #2. By that happening that takes Jacksonville out as a possibility of taking a QB (Smith) with the pick. The only other 3 options in the Top 10 for a QB is Philadelphia, Cleveland, Buffalo. Rumor has it Philadelphia will look elsewhere with their pick, Cleveland is favoring Manuel as a QB prospect and Buffalo has coaching ties to Nassib.

Even if Cleveland does not take a QB with their pick, that leaves Buffalo as the front runner to select the first QB off the board which may in fact be Nassib. If Smith slides we are potentially looking at the NYJ to take him with 1 of 2 picks in the first round.

So if Nassib is to Buffalo and Smith to NYJ that leaves Manuel as the odd man out for the time being. Looking at the board now the only team I see in the first that may want to take a gamble on a QB may be Houston if no one trades up to get him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm feeling like I wouldn't be that surprised to see Smith be the third QB off the board. I know a ton of people would be shocked for that to happen, but you hear almost nothing positive about him from the scouting and coaching circles. They say he's got a good arm, and that's where the praise stops. I really don't think the pro developers are nearly as high on him as college fans.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ideal spot for Nassib - McDonalds
Old 04-24-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Feel like Barkley's still a good bet to go off the board first, then it's kind of a toss-up between Smith, Manuel and Nassib, just depending which team's on the clock and who else is available for them to pick instead.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I'm feeling like I wouldn't be that surprised to see Smith be the third QB off the board. I know a ton of people would be shocked for that to happen, but you hear almost nothing positive about him from the scouting and coaching circles. They say he's got a good arm, and that's where the praise stops. I really don't think the pro developers are nearly as high on him as college fans.
I would like for it to fall like this...
Browns - Manuel
Bills - Nassib
Jets - Smith

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 04-24-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
I would like for it to fall like this...
Browns - Manuel
Bills - Nassib
Jets - Smith
It's kind of a new idea in draft circles, but I'm actually really intrigued by the thought of Manuel in Cleveland, too. Not too sure about Nassib in Buffalo, but it kind of makes sense. I think it's pretty easy to compare him to Fitzpatrick, but he's younger, cheaper, and with ties to the coaching staff there's some reason to think he could develop into a better player than Fitzpatrick. But they're stylistically similar, so it seems like a logical fit, even if you don't see a superstar kind of player. But I like Nassib. He doesn't wow me, but I like him. And Geno Smith just seems like a Jets pick, so I don't disagree with that, either. ;-)
Old 04-24-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nassib - NYJ....because I don't want him.

EJ - Philly .....sit behind Vick for a year, could put up monster numbers in Chip's offense

Smith - Cleveland....I like Weeden but I just don't see them being happy with him since it isn't "their guy".

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Nassib - NYJ....because I don't want him.

EJ - Philly .....sit behind Vick for a year, could put up monster numbers in Chip's offense

Smith - Cleveland....I like Weeden but I just don't see them being happy with him since it isn't "their guy".
I would love for Manuel to be our QB of the future, but I doubt Chip will take him at #4 maybe if we trade back within the Top 15 we can still get him.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 04-24-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still not buying that Jacksonville will go with a OT, makes no sense with Monroe still on the team and needs at pass rusher and QB. If they stay at 2 Jordan/Smith will be the pick IMO.

Smith- Jacksonville
Manuel-Cleveland(trade up from 2nd into the teens/early20's to get him)
Nassib- Buffalo

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
I would love for Manuel to be our QB of the future, but I doubt Chip will take him at #4 maybe if we trade back within the Top 15 we can still get him.
Agree. I still think you guys should still go OT at 4 because you can't trust Jason Peters to be healthy all season. I also don't understand the Tavon Austin talk at 4 when you got two studs already in Maclin/D-Jax.

I think best case scenario you go best available OT at 4 and trade back in 1st if possible for EJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I'm still not buying that Jacksonville will go with a OT, makes no sense with Monroe still on the team and needs at pass rusher and QB. If they stay at 2 Jordan/Smith will be the pick IMO.
agree, I don't see OT for them either.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Agree. I still think you guys should still go OT at 4 because you can't trust Jason Peters to be healthy all season. I also don't understand the Tavon Austin talk at 4 when you got two studs already in Maclin/D-Jax.

I think best case scenario you go best available OT at 4 and trade back in 1st if possible for EJ.

agree, I don't see OT for them either.
I'm not even entertaining Austin talk. If Manuel were to slide and no one trades up I'm thinking Houston would make sense.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 04-24-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I, for one, won't be shocked if the first QB taken comes in the 20's and I see the possibility of 2 going 20-32, Smith and Barkley. But I also won't be totally shocked if no QB goes in round 1. I believe it is the absolute worst crop I have ever seen in a draft and that is going back a long way.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post

Smith- Jacksonville
Manuel-Cleveland(trade up from 2nd into the teens/early20's to get him)
Nassib- Buffalo
How? We don't have a second rounder.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote