Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's the dumbest **** ever.

If my best friend and I trained in the same camp and we're gonna get paid to fight each other...**** it we're fighting each other.

If the friendship gets damaged over something like that then **** him he wasn't a real friend then.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It's only their job if they accept payment for the fight.

They're not getting paid to fight each other.
Sorry, but that is a complete copout. You're in the UFC. Your job is to fight people. Turning down a title shot because your boy is the champion is so incredibly dumb. How many chances will you get at something like that? And you pass because you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or damage a friendship? If they were truly friends, the outcome of the fight wouldn't matter one bit.

The hype is already there for a GSP-Rory fight. Two teammates who know each other well. Ones entering twilight, one is entering prime, etc. there doesn't have to be any bad blood between them to promote the fight.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post

If my best friend and I trained in the same camp and we're gonna get paid to fight each other...**** it we're fighting each other.

If the friendship gets damaged over something like that then **** him he wasn't a real friend then.
That's what I'm saying. I can't +rep from my iPhone otherwise i would
Old 04-13-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im watching the ultimate fighter finale and I gotta say, no matter what happens after this first round. Uriah Hall is always asking for trouble with his hands down, especially as he moves back. Im also pretty sure he thinks he is Anderson. He keeps trying to matrix with his back to the fence like AS did to Bonnar. Not sure what his deal is.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Meh, I'm no pro-fighter but I wouldn't want to fight my best friend either. Not because I'm scared of hurting the friendship, but because I don't want to hurt my friends, I get that it's their job, but they don't have to be ones beating on their friends and they have the choice not to take that fight.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Im watching the ultimate fighter finale and I gotta say, no matter what happens after this first round. Uriah Hall is always asking for trouble with his hands down, especially as he moves back. Im also pretty sure he thinks he is Anderson. He keeps trying to matrix with his back to the fence like AS did to Bonnar. Not sure what his deal is.
He let the hype get to his head. Incredibly frustrating fight to watch. I won a bunch of money on that fight though.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
He let the hype get to his head. Incredibly frustrating fight to watch. I won a bunch of money on that fight though.
Im not a gambling man, but that bet made a ton of sense. Not because of the outcome, but because of the style matchup. Uriah could have won that fight though, the style clash didnt decide the outcome. Taking nothing away from Kelvin, Uriah gave that one away. Uriah probably still could have won if it were against a guy that wasn't as tenacious as Kelvin.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a bad match-up for Uriah. He definitely showed how good he is, but Kelvin is also really good and was a bad style match-up for Hall.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Damn, we slacked on the Bendo/Melendez card on here. Any thoughts on who won?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Damn, we slacked on the Bendo/Melendez card on here. Any thoughts on who won?
It was weird, watching the fight I had Gilbert the first 3 rounds with Smooth the last 2. Then I saw the fight metrics and it made no sense.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had Melendez winning at least 3 rounds. 3rd round was close, but I had him winning the 5th.

I've rewatched it and still came out the same. The metrics are screwed up somehow.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This is much easier to understand when you're the one fighting. I've trained for a while and I'll tell you the bond you form with your teammates is like a brotherhood. When you see them more than your own family, and you get so close, it's hard to get your mind mentally prepared to fight them.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
This is much easier to understand when you're the one fighting. I've trained for a while and I'll tell you the bond you form with your teammates is like a brotherhood. When you see them more than your own family, and you get so close, it's hard to get your mind mentally prepared to fight them.
I trained too, muay thai at a gym called the yard in downtown LA and then moved the Tapout LA gym with my cousin and coworkers. I'd still have 0 problem fighting any one of my teammates.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I trained too, muay thai at a gym called the yard in downtown LA and then moved the Tapout LA gym with my cousin and coworkers. I'd still have 0 problem fighting any one of my teammates.
Sociopath much?
Old 04-25-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Sociopath much?
Maybe, but no one I've ever trained with has had issues with it either. A lot of the guys I would normally partner up with and work with shared my opinion when the whole Jon Jones vs Rashad thing was going down that they wouldn't fight each other.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

I get you,the martial arts world seems to be pretty split on this one. Some people seem to be able to deal with it more than others. I truly don't understand how anyone could train with someone and become friends and then go in the octagon to finish someone you at least care about a little.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I get you,the martial arts world seems to be pretty split on this one. Some people seem to be able to deal with it more than others. I truly don't understand how anyone could train with someone and become friends and then go in the octagon to finish someone you at least care about a little.
I think for me it started in HS. Bosco's wrestling program has always been top notch so several tourney's would let us bring an A and B team and sometimes our A guy would have to wrestle our B guy and it was not uncommon to have an all Bosco championship round at some weights. So I got used to competing against my own teammates and doing it with 1st place on the line.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

I think it's on a per fighter/camp basis, and I think it should be their choice and they shouldn't be judged for it either way. If you aren't one of the fighters deciding whether to fight each other, I don't think your opinion is valid or fair.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I think it's on a per fighter/camp basis, and I think it should be their choice and they shouldn't be judged for it either way. If you aren't one of the fighters deciding whether to fight each other, I don't think your opinion is valid or fair.
Yeah, thats exactly how it should be. However, that's not how life is gonna go. Guys will be judged regardless. I do think Dana White is ridiculous to say that guys are morons for not doing it because careers are short and everyone should try to make as much as they can wen they can. IT is both an emotional and logistical problem that is different for every gym and person.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Early stoppage but just, saved Chael from getting his face f'ed up to hell, no one should ever question's Jon's wrestling ever. He threw around Chael like a ragdoll, but WTF his toe??? Horrendous dont even know how it happened but this was the strangest and most cursed card ever.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They just showed a close up of the toe breaking. Freak injury and so awful. Thankfully Jones was jacked up on adrenaline or we'd have Chael as LHW champ. I thought the stoppage was a little early but there was no doubt who was winning that fight.

Rogan thought he should fight at distance but why not put a wrestler on his back. Especially one with absolutely no BJJ credentials.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net.../763357296.gif

Link to GIF of the toe snapping, pretty gross.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess the only way to beat Bones is via foot stomps lol.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Really only a few more fights at LHW. A rematch with Machida. Winner of Gustaffson vs Mousasi if they end up fighting each other, and Glover if he beats Bader. If Bader beats Glover, than it should be Bader vs Davis for a #1 contender fight after Bones beats Machida. Hendo is still in the mix of course if he beats Rashad. The guy to watch is Phil Davis, IMO one win away from a title shot. He never looks impressive and probably will get dominated by bones but you cant' deny facts. He's beaten two top 10 LHW's in Gustaffson and Lil Nog, he's beaten two top MW's in Boetsch and Stann, and his only loss was a loss to then #2 Rashad coming off injury. I think a win over Mousasi or Glover gives him a title shot. At least they can promote the fight as another big black national champion wrestler who can challenge Bones. Realistically he has no shot vs Bones as his striking is clunky, rough and slow, and he struggled to take down Lil Nog, but if he does get Jon on his back he has the strength and technique to possibly pull off a sub, although of course actually getting down Bones is one thing.

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 04-28-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote