Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-25-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
No Iowa tackles to KC = A+
But BOE THE CONNECTIONS!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really digging this Lions mock

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
The one thing I'm going to point out, I know you're not really a "trades" guy, but if you've got the Atlanta/Chicago trade in there, surely you ought to have Chicago picking twice in the third round?
In hindsight I probably should have, although my priority was getting Trufant to Atlanta.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I'm assuming you're projecting that Albert gets traded to Miami?
That makes way too much sense not to happen, doesn't it?

Old 04-25-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Really surprised to see Keenan Allen falling all the way to the 3rd and surprised not to see Stedman Bailey at all.
I think one or two of these wideouts are going to fall. There is only so much room in the second round for pass catchers. Between Allen's injury and poor workouts I figure he is as likely to slide further than expected as anyone. Slotting the receivers was definitely one of the most difficult aspects to piecing together Round 2 and 3. Actually struggled with it quite a bit.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
No Iowa tackles to KC = A+
Pioli is gone! ;)

Old 04-25-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Loftin
Rookie

Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This mock has Texans addressing needs at WR, NT, ILB, and OL. Overall solid for us, so I can only nitpick.

Personally, I like DeAndre Hopkins best for Houston at #27, while Patterson seems like a riskier pick. With WR being our most obvious need, it would be a dream for Patterson, Hopkins, Hunter, Woods and Allen to all be there, though. Just have to trust Smith, Kubiak, and co. to make the right choice.

Also, as much as I'd love for the Texans to FINALLY get a real NT, the powers that be in our front office seem to consistently neglect the position in both the draft and free agency. It's a good pick to have for us, but one that I find unlikely to actually happen.

After seeing our late season collapse (where Schaub crumpled up on the ground was a frequent sight), I'm thinking that RT is an urgent need that Houston is likely to address in the first two rounds.
Loftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the thinking and the positions you chose for the Raiders, however, I would change her personnel. I am hoping the Raiders don't like Floyd over Lotulelei. It just doesn't make sense. Lotulelei also for greater versatility in our multiple set front which we say some evidence of the last several games of the season. Also, I personally like Kelce over Escobar, although I admit I have not seen Escobar play. I don't know if Reggie would like Kelce, however, because of his character. Overall, very nice job as always.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott, just caught your segment with Harold Bugg and B.B.... I listen to 'em everyday around here.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Chicago receive anything from the trade down?

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a big fan of the Vikings mock. Would rather take a CB and LB in the first. Plenty of DT depth in the second round.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Zaphod
Rookie

Zaphod hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hi, Scott, longtime fan but first-time poster here. I love your site.

I'm curious...you have Cyprien and Hunt ranked as the 45th and 49th best players, respectively, on your value chart, and neither of them fits the 49ers' needs, so why do you have the 49ers drafting them at 31 and 34? I don't get it.

Cyprien had 7 interceptions in 4 years, playing against a number of mediocre teams. Trent Baalke drafts primarily based on college production, so a good Senior Bowl is unlikely to sway him. I don't think Cyprien takes good angles or tackles very well. He could probably be a good strong safety, but the 49ers need a free safety, and I don't see how Cyprien fits the bill.

The 49ers have spoken about rotating the defensive linemen more next season; I don't think a project like Margus Hunt makes much sense. Datone Jones (who you ranked as the 29th best player) is still on the board, so why would the 49ers pass on him for a guy who is still learning how to play football?

The rest of the draft looks great. I'd be excited to see the 49ers draft Keenan Allen and Barrett Jones in the third round. I just don't get the first couple picks.
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Scott, just caught your segment with Harold Bugg and B.B.... I listen to 'em everyday around here.
Nice!

I am on with those guys quite a bit.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
Hi, Scott, longtime fan but first-time poster here. I love your site.

I'm curious...you have Cyprien and Hunt ranked as the 45th and 49th best players, respectively, on your value chart, and neither of them fits the 49ers' needs, so why do you have the 49ers drafting them at 31 and 34? I don't get it.

Cyprien had 7 interceptions in 4 years, playing against a number of mediocre teams. Trent Baalke drafts primarily based on college production, so a good Senior Bowl is unlikely to sway him. I don't think Cyprien takes good angles or tackles very well. He could probably be a good strong safety, but the 49ers need a free safety, and I don't see how Cyprien fits the bill.

The 49ers have spoken about rotating the defensive linemen more next season; I don't think a project like Margus Hunt makes much sense. Datone Jones (who you ranked as the 29th best player) is still on the board, so why would the 49ers pass on him for a guy who is still learning how to play football?

The rest of the draft looks great. I'd be excited to see the 49ers draft Keenan Allen and Barrett Jones in the third round. I just don't get the first couple picks.
Keep in mind my rankings are just that... my rankings. I expect both Cyprien and Hunt may go a little earlier than I have them on my board, although I am just set up for a general scheme and there is very little difference between the 25th and 50th player in this draft value-wise.

I disagree on Cyprien too. Niners have shown interest in him and Harbaugh will love his football intangibles. As for the interceptions argument, want to guess how many interceptions Dashon Goldson had during his college career? Yup, 4. With Hunt the San Francisco could afford to be patient and develop his immense talent as a five-technique.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Keep in mind my rankings are just that... my rankings. I expect both Cyprien and Hunt may go a little earlier than I have them on my board, although I am just set up for a general scheme and there is very little difference between the 25th and 50th player in this draft value-wise.

I disagree on Cyprien too. Niners have shown interest in him and Harbaugh will love his football intangibles. As for the interceptions argument, want to guess how many interceptions Dashon Goldson had during his college career? Yup, 4. With Hunt the San Francisco could afford to be patient and develop his immense talent as a five-technique.
Gotta go new old-school on this: p'wned.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Old 04-25-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills don't like Geno Smith at all. I think they'll be able to stand pat and take Matt Barkley at #41 considering the Jags will take Nassib, the Eagles will take Manuel in the top half of the 2nd.

Looks like Tavon Austin from here if they can't trade down to #16 and acquire an additional 2nd and 4th.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Multiple people now saying the Raiders are going to take DJ Hayden at #3. I'm sure we say this every year but this is the craziest draft ever.

No one knows what's going to happen.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
But BOE THE CONNECTIONS!
But, but, their arms are so long!

- Genius
Old 04-25-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cyprien, Hunt, Jenkins, Allen, and Jones for the 49ers? I'd be happy with that, even though Hunt and Jenkins are not my favorite prospects.

I like Cyprien at 31. Think he'll fit our defense just fine.
Not a fan of Hunt that early, but a lot of people mock him to us. Prefer Datone.
Not of fan of Jenkins, but getting him at the end of round 2 is good value.
Allen in the 3rd is great. A dream.
Jones is a very good value pick at the end of the 3rd.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Sandcastle View Post
Multiple people now saying the Raiders are going to take DJ Hayden at #3. I'm sure we say this every year but this is the craziest draft ever.

No one knows what's going to happen.
That would be such a Raiders thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Hmm I don't see the Eagles drafting another DT in the 1st round this year, especially if they switch to the 3-4. If they were smart they would take Lane Johnson or Joeckel if he is available. Geno Smith will not go top 10 in fact I bet the Bills take Nassib which will be another one of those wtf moments with QBs drafted a lot higher than they should. Tonight will be one of the most unpredictable drafts in recent memory.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Ouch terrible Bucs mock. I would be VERY unhappy with those picks.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoJoeBucsFan View Post
Ouch terrible Bucs mock. I would be VERY unhappy with those picks.
Sorry? :o)

Old 04-25-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Zaphod
Rookie

Zaphod hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post

Hey, that's cool. I think you're wrong, but you're partly responsible for me being a draft junkie, and I'm just flattered that you took the time to respond. Good luck with your picks tonight (except the Niners pick).

Baalke never picks the guy we expect him to pick, anyhow. I think he may trade up, but in any case, I expect the unexpected.
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote