Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 04-22-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 Mock Draft Competition

Since no one has posted about this yet I figure I can go ahead and take it on this year...just copied the rules from the thread Shane made last year

Rules

The Mock Draft Competition will consist of a full 2 round mock draft.

You are to submit only ONE mock draft to me by the due date.

The due date and time is any time before the Kansas City Chiefs are on the clock.

You may not copy the mock of anybody else, including Scott Wright’s. If I feel that you have plagiarized the work of somebody else, you will be excluded from this. There are NO exceptions.

If the mock is not submitted by the due date, it will be disregarded.

You may submit your mock as early as you want up until the due date, but it is suggested that you wait as late as possible due to trades. You may NOT make changes once you have submitted an entry

If you do not follow the rules that have been provided, I will not accept your mock.

You must follow the Official NFL Draft Order or your mock will not be accepted. Sorry, but if you misplace a team in the draft order, your mock will not count.

You MAY NOT incorporate your own trades into this contest.

Your mock will be graded on a points system previously created.

The highest point total wins the contest.

Please do not ask me what point total you got prior to me letting you know. If you hound me about it, I’ll disregard you mock from the competition. The process is a long one so give me some time.

Your mock is to be EMAILED to me, not PMed, AIMed or IRCed. My email address will be provided at the bottom of the post. After receiving your mock I will reply with a confirmation message. Allow 24-48 hours for this message.

I need volunteers that are willing to grade Mocks, please let me know if you would be willing, especially people I trust

Guidelines (There will be an example provided after the guidelines)

You must put your username and the date sent in the upper left corner of the email.

You must clearly display Round 1 and 2 so that it is easier for me to grade.

You must number your picks 1-62. 1-32 will not cut it. Nor will 1A, 2A etc.

You must type out the players full name. NO abbreviations. If a player goes by Joe or Chris, you do not have to write Joseph or Christopher. But I want their name as it is listed on the entry list.

You must write the players school and position. I’ll have a key for positional abbreviations which can be used. Or you can spell out position, either is fine. You may not abbreviate the names of schools. tOSU will not count for Ohio State, and UM will not count for Michigan. Don’t worry about writing University or College, just the school name is fine.

For trades that have happened, please put the new team that is picking, and put the original team that it came from.

Here is an example of an Acceptable Mock Draft. (Don’t knock the picks, they are examples)

PF28

April 25, 2012

Round 1

1. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel OT/Texas A&M
2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Geno Smith QB/West Virginia
3. Oakland Raiders: Dion Jordan OLB/Oregon
4. Philadelphia Eagles: Lane Johnson OT/Oklahoma
5. Detroit Lions: Eric Fisher OT/Central Michigan

Round 2

33. Jacksonville Jaguars: Alex Okafor DE/Texas
34. San Francisco 49ers (f/ Kansas City Chiefs): Zach Ertz TE/Stanford

END OF MOCK

Example of a traded pick:

34. San Francisco 49ers (f/ Kansas City Chiefs): Zach Ertz TE/Stanford

Key for Positions:

QB = Quarterback
RB = Running Back
WR = Wide Receiver
TE = Tight End
FB = Full Back
OT = Offensive Tackle
OG = Offensive Guard
C = Center

DE = Defensive End
DT = Defensive Tackle
OLB = Outside Linebacker
MLB = Inside Linebacker
S = Safety
CB = Cornerback

K = Kicker
P = Punter
KR/ST = Kick Returner/Special Teamer

Point System: (According to pick numbers)

1-10: 5 points
11-20: 10 points
21-31: 15 points

32-42: 20 points
43-53: 25 points
54-62: 30 points

You will get assigned the point value if you get the player right at that position.

Example:

1. Kansas City selects Luke Joeckel --->You get 5 points because it fell between picks 1-10.

20) Bears select DJ Fluker ---> You get 10 points because it fell between picks 11-20.

Pretty easy to understand.

Other ways to get points for picks: (These trades are hypothetical from 2012 so bear with me)

1)You get the player to the right team, but at the wrong draft position. Say you have Riley Reiff going to the Bills and the Bills trade down with the Steelers (pick 24). And Reiff ends up going to Buffalo at pick #24. You get the points because you had Reiff to the Bill in your original mock. Even though you didn’t get the pick number correct. And because Reiff went between pick 21-31, you get the point value in that slot. So instead of 5 points, you get 15 points.

2)You get the player at the right pick, but for the wrong team. Say Seattle trades up with St Louis to #6 and selects Justin Blackmon. And in your mock you had Justin Blackmon going to the Rams at #6. Because you got the player at the right position, you get the points, even though it is with the wrong team. But again, you receive the point value for where the pick falls, which is between 1-10.

The Bonus System

If you get all the picks correct in any of the point zones you will receive 50 bonus points. So if you pick 1-10, 50 points will be added to your score. Picks 32-43 you get 50 points etc. Pretty simple but it adds a little more flavor to the competition.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE POST THEM

email submissions to adam.mommaerts@gmail.com

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Last edited by princefielder28 : 04-22-2013 at 09:33 AM.
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This year the crown will be MINE!!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This needs to be a Sticky Thread so everyone can keep up with it. I gave it 5-stars so hopefully everyone can see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
This needs to be a Sticky Thread so everyone can keep up with it. I gave it 5-stars so hopefully everyone can see it.
It got a sticky attached to it now.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will everyone who participated in the contest be able to see all Mock entries after the deadline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Will everyone who participated in the contest be able to see all Mock entries after the deadline?
I can try to make that happen.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's an acceptable (I think) current draft order for everybody to use.

Quote:
Round 1

1. Kansas City Chiefs:
2. Jacksonville Jaguars:
3. Oakland Raiders:
4. Philadelphia Eagles:
5. Detroit Lions:
6. Cleveland Browns:
7. Arizona Cardinals:
8. Buffalo Bills:
9. New York Jets:
10. Tennessee Titans:
11. San Diego Chargers:
12. Miami Dolphins:
13. New York Jets (f/ Tampa Bay Buccaneers):
14. Carolina Panthers:
15. New Orleans Saints:
16. St. Louis Rams:
17. Pittsburgh Steelers:
18. Dallas Cowboys:
19. New York Giants:
20. Chicago Bears:
21. Cincinnati Bengals:
22. St. Louis Rams (f/ Washington Redskins):
23. Minnesota Vikings:
24. Indianapolis Colts:
25. Minnesota Vikings (f/ Seattle Seahawks):
26. Green Bay Packers:
27. Houston Texans:
28. Denver Broncos:
29. New England Patriots:
30. Atlanta Falcons:
31. San Francisco 49ers:
32. Baltimore Ravens:

Round 2

33. Jacksonville Jaguars:
34. San Francisco 49ers (f/ Kansas City Chiefs):
35. Philadelphia Eagles:
36. Detroit Lions:
37. Cincinnati Bengals (f/ Oakland Raiders):
38. Arizona Cardinals:
Cleveland Browns: Used in 2012 Supplemental Draft on Josh Gordon
39. New York Jets:
40. Tennessee Titans:
41. Buffalo Bills:
42. Miami Dolphins:
43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
44. Carolina Panthers:
New Orleans Saints: Forfeited
45. San Diego Chargers:
46. St. Louis Rams:
47. Dallas Cowboys:
48. Pittsburgh Steelers:
49. New York Giants:
50. Chicago Bears:
51. Washington Redskins:
52. Minnesota Vikings:
53. Cincinnati Bengals:
54. Miami Dolphins: (f/ Indianapolis Colts):
55. Green Bay Packers:
56. Seattle Seahawks:
57. Houston Texans:
58. Denver Broncos:
59. New England Patriots:
60. Atlanta Falcons:
61. San Francisco 49ers:
62. Baltimore Ravens:
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

perfect coordinator0! I was gonna post that tonight but you took care of it for me. Thanks!

Old 04-22-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

coordinator is on point with that.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 04-24-2013, 07:30 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

When a mock is sent to me, I will reply with email confirming whether or not the format is acceptable.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I've only received two submissions to this point. Get your mocks in people!

Old 04-25-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I've only received two submissions to this point. Get your mocks in people!
I'm waiting until the last minute to see whether or not Albert is traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

If we submit it and Albert gets traded after, what happens?

Old 04-25-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
If we submit it and Albert gets traded after, what happens?
I would let you send a revised draft

Old 04-25-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Entry is sent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sent! It's a bit different lol
Old 04-25-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

The format looks good on all submissions so far.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had mine all ready to be sent, but I made the mistake of checking rotoworlds newsfeed so now I'm having doubts and changing it lol should be sent soon
Old 04-25-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
I had mine all ready to be sent, but I made the mistake of checking rotoworlds newsfeed so now I'm having doubts and changing it lol should be sent soon
I don't remember getting one from you

Old 04-25-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't remember getting one from you
Right, because I didn't send it. Just sent it now. I'm saying I finished it, then before I sent it I read some articles that made me re-think some of my selections heh
Old 04-25-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Right, because I didn't send it. Just sent it now. I'm saying I finished it, then before I sent it I read some articles that made me re-think some of my selections heh
Oh gotcha, we're all good now.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we are or aren't allowed to trade picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
So we are or aren't allowed to trade picks?
No trading of picks

Old 04-25-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No trading of picks
Thanks!

And just a heads up to everyone making their drafts last minute.
PFT is reporting that the Chiefs are indeed taking Fisher #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mock is in! Forgot a subject line PF28, my bad