Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-23-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default FootballGod's Final 2013 Mock

Bengals 2013 Mock Draft

I foresee Andre Smith signing before the draft or before training camp.

1. Jonathan Cyprien Safety Florida International I think Vaccaro is long gone by our first pick. Cyprien has great hips and coverage ability to go along with a physical build that will allow him to blitz off the edge. Zimmer just completed a one-on-one final examination of Cyprien the week of the draft so I think this is the direction we go.

2A. Alec Ogletree OLB Georgia I really wanted an offensive weapon at this spot but I think the value still lies with the defense at this pick. Olgetree’s stock has been falling fast recently due to his off the field troubles but he has first round talent that he displayed throughout his college career. He moves sideline to sideline as well as anyone in the draft. He is a converted safety so he brings those coverage skills with him to the LB position.

2B. Gio Bernard RB North Carolina There is previous injury concerns but Bernard has recovered completely from the injuries. He is the perfect complement to BJGE. Bernard can run between the tackles or outside and he can catch the ball out of the backfield. I think he is the perfect fit for the WCO.

3. Da’Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech 6’2” 217 lbs. 4.5 40 Rogers is a physical specimen with strong hands who overpowered defenders in his routes and after the catch on his way to second-team All-SEC status in 2011 (67 catches, 1,040 yards, nine TDs), and to a dominating season (78 catches for 1,207 yards and 11 TDs) while at Tennessee Tech. His immaturity off the field caused him to be dismissed from Tennessee before the 2012 season, and thus the biggest questions with Rogers will be about character concerns. We have to find playmakers on offense to help Andy out and to get the double team off of AJ at least some of the time.

4. Reid Fragel OT Ohio State Fragel is 6’7” 309 lbs. He is a former TE that switched to OT his senior year. Fragel will fall in the draft because he only played OT for one year and he is not fully developed size wise. What I mean is that he has the frame to hold more weight without looking sloppy. He weighted in the 265 range before converting to OT. He is as good an athlete at OT that you will find in the draft but needs a redshirt year like Sims and Thompson got last season.

5. Tyrann Mathieu CB/PR/KR Mathieu has 2nd round talent but an UFA weed problem. I have no idea where Mathieu is going to be drafter. I know a lot of teams are not going to have him on their draft boards. If Burfict can go undrafted then Mathieu could last until the 5th round. Say goodbye to Tate and hello to Honey Badger! If Mathieu is gone then I would pick Terry Hawthorne at this spot to play the exact same role.

6A. Knile Davis RB Arkansas Davis is a bruising back who has struggled with injuries since high school, lost his entire 2011 season due to a broken ankle, and failed to look like the same player in 2012 as he was in 2010. In Indianapolis, Davis put together one of the best workouts of any prospect at the position in running a 4.37 40 yard dash. His power and burst in the open field make him tough to stop when all his parts are in working order; but this has proved to be a struggle for Davis.

6B. Etienne Sabino LB Ohio State 6’2” 247 lbs. Sabino has played both SAM and WLB. He was the most productive LB for OSU until he got injured. I think he grades out higher than a 6th round pick but will drop because of the injury. We lack depth at LB and he can also contribute on special teams.

7A. Michael Williams TE Alabama Williams is nothing more than a blocking TE who would more than likely spend the season on the practice squad.

7B. Alex Hurst OT LSU Hurst is a camp body and practice squad player. He could potentially fill the role that Roland has in the future.

What do you think?
Old 04-23-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have to change my pants after each pick if we drafted like this. I love it.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have to change my pants after each pick if we were somehow able to pull this off. I love it.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
I would have to change my pants after each pick if we were somehow able to pull this off. I love it.
So nice you said it twice! :)
Old 04-23-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good draft

We're hearing signals that Andre will be coming back, so lets all assume this happens. Please, since it's been driving me crazy on our draft direction

Agree that Safety with #1. There is a slight chance that Vacarro drops to us, if so he will be our pick. Other than that Elam or Cryprien would be OK in my book.

We've seen LB fall into the 2nd round before. If Ogletree drops there, he would be good value. I would consider other LB's also at this spot - Arthur Brown or Sio Moore. Others have us getting WR's at our 2nd and that would work also, the key for us is having the flexibility to get the best player and not being forced to reach for a RT by signing Andre. With that said, if M Watson falls, I could see us jumping at him with our 37th.

I still think we can get a quality RB in the 3rd (Franklin or Ellington). OK with Bernard at our 53rd. Another thought is to get our RT(Armstead) or maybe WR (Hopkins) at this spot and hope like hell Bernard is there for us at 84th.

Beyond that I like Ace Saunders for punt returner in the 4th or 5th. Wouldn't be surprised if we grap a QB in the slot, Bray or Renfree.

For a late pick, a couple Clemon boys to consider, Jaron Brown at WR is exceptional- was team caption and made a ton of big plays for us. TE Brandon Ford has great hands, runs good routes.

Getting pumped
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way it looks we would almost have to draft one of the big 4 safeties in the first because I don't think either will be there in the second. Cyprien is fine with me as well.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
JungleRock85
Rookie

JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
The way it looks we would almost have to draft one of the big 4 safeties in the first because I don't think either will be there in the second. Cyprien is fine with me as well.
Vaccaro, Reid, Elam, or Cyprien is fine with me. Take one of them in the 1st or in the 2nd wouldn't matter as long as we end up with one of those guys. I don't know if we would go LB that high but I would love if we did. Ogletree or Arthur Brown either one would look great in the Black n Orange. Bernard or Franklin at 2b is perfect fit for this team IMO. I like Rogers talent and would be fine with him in the 3rd. Terrance Williams from Baylor is another possibility in the 3rd at WR. Personally wouldn't mind if we looked at Barrett Jones in the 3rd or 4th round either. He is a versatile lineman that could be a backup at multiple positions or possibly starter at Center.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nice draft, I also want Safety very early. I would actually prefer one of the other 3, but if the coaches think Cyprien is the best, then I'm OK with him. I would love to get Matheiu but think he will go in rd 3
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am kinda of thinking OT by round 3 for us
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote