Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-24-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver & Blue View Post
If we don't get a LT this year, Lewan is at the top of my list for next year.
We won't in all likelihood be drafting anywhere near the top 5 picks in next year's draft so we won't get a realistic shot at a top LT. It is now or we can forget about it till we stink again.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Savage View Post
If Joekel or Fisher are gone at 5 (most likely) I am hoping for a trade down or Dee Milliner. I will be livid if Ansah is the pick at 5. I think Ansah is gonna sky dive on draft day. We could move back and still grab him although I don't want him.

I would not be surprised if we take a WR high. To generate discussion before the draft, what would people think if we traded down to 12 and drafted Corradale Patterson then addressed OL/DE in the 2nd with our two picks.

I think the best scenario for this draft is to trade back, load up on picks and build the trenches.
What good is another WR if we don't have an OL that can protect Stafford, especially his blind side. If we don't have a real stud at LT, our whole offense will have to change because Stafford will have less time to find open receivers and get the ball away.

As for Patterson, he has a very high bust potential, short arms and small hands which force him to catch a lot of balls using his body which is usually a receipe for failure in the NFL. I don't expect him to be a high 1st rounder.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://twitter.com/paulapasche/stat...89785939816448

Betting lines for #5 pick
Quote:
Odds for the 5th pick (#Lions) in draft are: Lane Johnson 5/4; Ziggy Ansah 3/2; Eric Fisher 3/1; Dee Milliner 15/2, per @BovadaLV

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions talking with Raiders to move, give up a 3rd and take Fisher if he is there. So much for Johnson at 5.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If one of the top 3 tackles are there I hope we turn in our pick in 5 seconds. I really think it's a no-brainer with where our team is at. Especially considering we should be able to get a starting DE in the 2nd with this current DE class.

I agree with IAC a lot. The biggest flaw on our offense is not WR, it's LT. On top of that, with the new rookie cap, we get a LT for the next 4 years at a great price tag. With an offense that currently has a WR and QB making close to 20 million, this is actually a very big deal for us.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe This Year Mayhew View Post
Lions talking with Raiders to move, give up a 3rd and take Fisher if he is there. So much for Johnson at 5.
I don't buy these rumors at all. Granted the rumors are just for our 3rd, but there would be no reason to allow these talks to leak knowing that Arizona is also a strong candidate to make a move up.

If fischer gets by the jags that would guarantee us Johnson at worst. And we should like our odds to get fischer at that point because I think the eagles won't take him. IMO Johnson fits their system better because he is faster. But I still think they are a candidate to still take Milliner or even Tavon Austin (he would be a great fit in that offense).
Old 04-24-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
We won't in all likelihood be drafting anywhere near the top 5 picks in next year's draft so we won't get a realistic shot at a top LT. It is now or we can forget about it till we stink again.
I was actually talking about trading up for a pick high enough to snag Lewan. But hopefully we can get a LT this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life
If fischer gets by the jags that would guarantee us Johnson at worst. And we should like our odds to get fischer at that point because I think the eagles won't take him. IMO Johnson fits their system better because he is faster. But I still think they are a candidate to still take Milliner or even Tavon Austin (he would be a great fit in that offense).
I was thinking the same thing in regards to the Eagles taking Johnson. Since Chip Kelly is going to be running a system that is going to require speed, it only makes sense that you take a very athletic tackle like Johnson. So hopefully Fisher does fall to us tomorrow.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe This Year Mayhew View Post
I won't be shocked if the 3 LT's go 1, 2, and 3. Jacksonville and Oakland will trade down IMO, they have little to gain from drafting at their spots and there are plenty of teams who desperately need a LT.
So if we are talking to Oakland, it might just be to guarantee we get one of the LT's even if it is Johnson.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't be surprised if we move up to #3 and take a tackle. Makes sense that the Raiders would like a slight trade down and still assure themselves Floyd. I think if it goes 1.) Joekel 2.) Fisher then we will make the move and take Johnson.

Don't know if its a smoke screen by Jags, Oakland, Eagles but I have a bad feeling that all 3 OT's will be gone when we pick at 5, regardless if its the teams currently in those spot or teams trading up.

Jabroni on NFl Network says Lions love Jonathan Cooper. Would be nice if we could move down slightly and pick him up. I think 5th is too high for a guard. Don't how much value #5 is going to have if the three tackles are gone. Maybe if a team has a hard on for Dion Jordan if he gets to 5 and wanna jump in front of Cleveland? Kinda feel like we might be a day late and dollar short with this pick depending on how the scenarios play out.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to give up the picks but Joeckel/Fisher are the two top guys. Mayhew has been terrible with mid round picks lately anyways.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A third rounder for Fisher sounds more than reasonable to me.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is my final mock draft. The first three rounds are unchanged but the rest of the rounds have changed. Also added in the UDFA's I want.

1st Round - Eric Fisher LT Central Michigan - With Jeff Backus retiring we don't really have a true LT to take his place, I would actually prefer Luke Joeckel over Fisher but since I think he won't be there by the time we pick the obvious choice would be Fisher. I also think Fisher has a very high ceiling and has the potential to be an elite LT at the next level.

Eric Fisher’s Draft Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=93018&draftyear=2013&genpos=OT

2nd Round - Larry Warford RG Kentucky - Since Stephen Peterman won't be back next year we don't really have anybody other than some backups to replace Peterman at the RG position. Warford is fantastic in both pass protection and run support. He has an extremely high ceiling and the talent gap between him and Chance Warmack isn't all that big, so Warford would fill a position of need and the pick would also have tremendous value.

Larry Warford’s Scout Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=90430&draftyear=2013&genpos=OG

3rd Round - Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech - This one was a little harder for me to figure out, but I think I found a great pick for the Lions here. The Lions aren't really that deep at WR, yeah we might have Calvin Johnson coming off a huge season, but with Ryan Broyles tearing his ACL in his other knee this time and Nate Burleson coming off a broken leg, we really don't have much at the WR postion. We could also use a taller receiver opposite of Calvin Johnson which is where Rogers comes in. Not to mention he is also very talented.

Da'Rick Rogers Scout Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=111845&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR

4th Round – Cornelius Washington DE Georgia – I don’t really think he will fall this far but I am hoping he does. He played in a 3-4 at Georgia but looked good as a DE in a 4-3 defense at the senior bowl which is where I think his potential lies. He would be a very good fit in the Wide-9 defense.

Cornelius Washington’s Scout Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84810&draftyear=2013&genpos=DE

5th Round – Devin Taylor DE South Carolina – Taylor intrigues me as a prospect. He played opposite of Jadeveon Clowney on South Carolina’s D-line but obviously didn’t produce as well as Clowney. He is a taller DE at 6’7 who didn’t run well at his pro day but ran well at the combine. He is more of a finesse DE which fits our defense well. He played very well in the Shrine Bowl and showed glimpses of what he can become. He is a DE that has a huge amount of potential. If he can be taught to use his swim move more often (because he truly doesn’t utilize that enough) and possibly develop a good spin move, than he can be a monster on the D-line.

Devin Taylor’s Scout Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84589&draftyear=2013&genpos=DE

6th Round – Joseph Fauria TE UCLA – With Brandon Pettigrew and Tony Scheffler slated to become free agents in 2014, it might be smart to draft a TE now instead of later. Fauria is a big TE (6’7) who is a decent blocker and is one heck of a red zone threat with scoring 12 TDs last year. This would be another weapon for Matthew Stafford to utilize.

Joseph Fauria’s Scout Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82595&draftyear=2013&genpos=TE

7th Round – Rashaan Melvin CB Northern Illinois – A big corner that has impressive physical attributes who will add further depth to the CB position. The Lions also had him in for a visit not too long ago.

Rashaan Melvin’s Scout Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=113863&draftyear=2013&genpos=CB

7th Round – Eric Martin OLB Nebraska – A hard hitting linebacker who has been rising up draft boards lately. He can contribute at either OLB position and can also be a special teams contributor.

Eric Martin’s Scout Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=90721&draftyear=2013&genpos=OLB

UDFA

Jordan Campbell OLB New Mexico Highlands – A former USC Trojan who I think is a sleeper in the draft. He is a physical freak that can play either OLB or MLB. I personally think that he would be a tremendous backup to Stephen Tulloch at the MLB position.

Jordan Campbell’s Scout Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...013&genpos=OLB

Jeff Heath SS Saginaw Valley State University – A pretty good sized SS who has displayed pretty good athletic ability at GVSU’s pro day. He had 5 interceptions this year and even though they’re really isn’t a whole lot of film of him out there, the one or two clips that I have seen of him doing DB vs WR drills is that he sticks to his receiver like glue despite being 6’1 209. He would add some good depth to the SS position since Spivey isn’t really a natural SS. Not to mention the Lions have scouted Jeff Heath not too long ago.

Jeff Heath’s Scout Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=SS
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Last edited by Silver & Blue : 04-25-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not really against trading up. We haven't really been in a position like this where LT is an actual need and there's a franchise type talent out there for us to get. Who knows.. maybe with the better OL, we dont turn the ball over as much, which means the defense has to be on the field less, which means we don't give up 900 yards and 60+ points per game.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Here is my final mock draft. The first three rounds are unchanged but the rest of the rounds have changed. Also added in the UDFA's I want.

1st Round - Eric Fisher LT Central Michigan - With Jeff Backus retiring we don't really have a true LT to take his place, I would actually prefer Luke Joeckel over Fisher but since I think he won't be there by the time we pick the obvious choice would be Fisher. I also think Fisher has a very high ceiling and has the potential to be an elite LT at the next level.

Eric Fisher’s Draft Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=93018&draftyear=2013&genpos=OT

2nd Round - Larry Warford RG Kentucky - Since Stephen Peterman won't be back next year we don't really have anybody other than some backups to replace Peterman at the RG position. Warford is fantastic in both pass protection and run support. He has an extremely high ceiling and the talent gap between him and Chance Warmack isn't all that big, so Warford would fill a position of need and the pick would also have tremendous value.

Larry Warford’s Scout Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=90430&draftyear=2013&genpos=OG

3rd Round - Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech - This one was a little harder for me to figure out, but I think I found a great pick for the Lions here. The Lions aren't really that deep at WR, yeah we might have Calvin Johnson coming off a huge season, but with Ryan Broyles tearing his ACL in his other knee this time and Nate Burleson coming off a broken leg, we really don't have much at the WR postion. We could also use a taller receiver opposite of Calvin Johnson which is where Rogers comes in. Not to mention he is also very talented.

Da'Rick Rogers Scout Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=111845&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR

4th Round – Cornelius Washington DE Georgia – I don’t really think he will fall this far but I am hoping he does. He played in a 3-4 at Georgia but looked good as a DE in a 4-3 defense at the senior bowl which is where I think his potential lies. He would be a very good fit in the Wide-9 defense.

Cornelius Washington’s Scout Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84810&draftyear=2013&genpos=DE

5th Round – Devin Taylor DE South Carolina – Taylor intrigues me as a prospect. He played opposite of Jadeveon Clowney on South Carolina’s D-line but obviously didn’t produce as well as Clowney. He is a taller DE at 6’7 who didn’t run well at his pro day but ran well at the combine. He is more of a finesse DE which fits our defense well. He played very well in the Shrine Bowl and showed glimpses of what he can become. He is a DE that has a huge amount of potential. If he can be taught to use his swim move more often (because he truly doesn’t utilize that enough) and possibly develop a good spin move, than he can be a monster on the D-line.

Devin Taylor’s Scout Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84589&draftyear=2013&genpos=DE

6th Round – Joseph Fauria TE UCLA – With Brandon Pettigrew and Tony Scheffler slated to become free agents in 2014, it might be smart to draft a TE now instead of later. Fauria is a big TE (6’7) who is a decent blocker and is one heck of a red zone threat with scoring 12 TDs last year. This would be another weapon for Matthew Stafford to utilize.

Joseph Fauria’s Scout Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82595&draftyear=2013&genpos=TE

7th Round – Rashaan Melvin CB Northern Illinois – A big corner that has impressive physical attributes who will add further depth to the CB position. The Lions also had him in for a visit not too long ago.

Rashaan Melvin’s Scout Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=113863&draftyear=2013&genpos=CB

7th Round – Eric Martin OLB Nebraska – A hard hitting linebacker who has been rising up draft boards lately. He can contribute at either OLB position and can also be a special teams contributor.

Eric Martin’s Scout Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=90721&draftyear=2013&genpos=OLB

UDFA

Jordan Campbell OLB New Mexico Highlands – A former USC Trojan who I think is a sleeper in the draft. He is a physical freak that can play either OLB or MLB. I personally think that he would be a tremendous backup to Stephen Tulloch at the MLB position.

Jordan Campbell’s Scout Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...013&genpos=OLB

Jeff Heath SS Saginaw Valley State University – A pretty good sized SS who has displayed pretty good athletic ability at GVSU’s pro day. He had 5 interceptions this year and even though they’re really isn’t a whole lot of film of him out there, the one or two clips that I have seen of him doing DB vs WR drills is that he sticks to his receiver like glue despite being 6’1 209. He would add some good depth to the SS position since Spivey isn’t really a natural SS. Not to mention the Lions have scouted Jeff Heath not too long ago.

Jeff Heath’s Scout Profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=SS
There is zero chance we can get Fisher unless we trade up at least 3 spots, even Johnson might force us up 2 spots.

I like Warford but with the addition of Bush, our OG's will probably have to be solid in space and that just isn't Warford's strength.

If I'm willing to take on another head case at WR, then Marquess Wilson would come a lot cheaper, I just don't see Mayhew risking a top 3 pick on a prospect with character issues.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

I love scotts final mock for us:

1) Lane Johnson
2) DaMontre Moore
3) David Amerson

This would probably be best case scenario for us, addresses all 3 needs in order of importance IMO

It also wouldn't shock me if Mayhew tried to move back into the late 2nd if a top 4 WR falls. I'd love to add hopkins (assuming this hotel room thing is a non-issue). He doesn't have great speed but he is reliable with his hands and would be a solid WR across from Megatron
Old 04-25-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to really want to trade up to number 3 and secure Lane Johnson. Especially if it only costs a 3rd round pick. If needed, we could trade back a little bit in the 2nd round to help compensate.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-25-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I'm starting to really want to trade up to number 3 and secure Lane Johnson. Especially if it only costs a 3rd round pick. If needed, we could trade back a little bit in the 2nd round to help compensate.
They have to be sweating a whole lot at this point wondering if they should take their chances and stand pat or make a move early to #3. I've done 2 mocks for Detroit so far and was very lucky to get Johnson in both, once I stood pat and gambled on one of the 3 still being there, in the other I traded up to #3. They are in a tremendous pressure cooker to be sure.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
There is zero chance we can get Fisher unless we trade up at least 3 spots, even Johnson might force us up 2 spots.
There is always a chance Fisher could slip to us. Heck, there is even a chance Joeckel could slip to us. Anything can happen in the draft. Never say never.

Quote:
I like Warford but with the addition of Bush, our OG's will probably have to be solid in space and that just isn't Warford's strength.
Even with the addition of Bush, we are still mainly a passing offense. I will give you that Warford isn't elite when it comes to run blocking(although he is still pretty good), but he allowed zero sacks last year on a crappy Kentucky team. Trust me, he is a great fit for this offense and will be a pro bowler.

Quote:
If I'm willing to take on another head case at WR, then Marquess Wilson would come a lot cheaper, I just don't see Mayhew risking a top 3 pick on a prospect with character issues.
Da'rick Rogers hasn't had any issues since he left Tennessee and if you have watched any recent interviews of him, you can tell he has matured. I can guarantee you that he won't be a problem on the Lions and will be a great receiver to have opposite of Calvin Johnson.

-Bo Schembechler
Old 04-25-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we don't get one of the top 3 tackles, do we officially panic?
Old 04-25-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
If we don't get one of the top 3 tackles, do we officially panic?
I probably will lol. Because I really think drafting someone like Ansah is to much of a risk and their isn't really anyone else that is worth taking at #5.

-Bo Schembechler
Old 04-25-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I think Ansah would start game 1, get 8 sacks this year, 13.5 next year, and then get injured and drop off from the face of the Earth...kinda random, but its my belief that he will be good but doomed.

Eric Fisher will be better than Joeckel, and Lane Johnson will be a good starting tackle for our offense.

I don't trust Dee Milliner's injury history because our corners have to tackle and our corners tend to develop shoulder injuries due to scheme.

Try and Trade down in 2nd for extra picks
/ramblings

1) Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
2) Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M
3) Terrance Williams WR Baylor- Monster Pick and Total Steal
3rd or 4th) Trade 4th(132) and 5th(137) for Barrett Jones C/G/T Alabama
6) Gerald Hodges LB Penn State
7) Robert Lester S Alabama
7) Joe Kruger DE Utah

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-25-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I probably will lol. Because I really think drafting someone like Ansah is to much of a risk and their isn't really anyone else that is worth taking at #5.
I wish we would trade up. We only need a few pieces (mainly a LT). Do it Mayhew!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

dodged a bullet there...now one more pass

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-25-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Ansah, such a sick defensive line if he can play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Very risky pick. But I hopes he pans out. As long as we draft Warford in the second, I'll be happy.

-Bo Schembechler