Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-25-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey I was higher on Frederick going into the season than a lot of other guys.

I refuse to be mad about interior OL help.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLatJerrahJones View Post
And to top it off, he got **** for the trade.
Yeah they had two second rounders and Jerry gets stiffed for a 3rd. Pathetic. No other way to describe it.

A ****** chick could have drafted better than this.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hey I was higher on Frederick going into the season than a lot of other guys.

I refuse to be mad about interior OL help.
Bro you just said the other day you hate Frederick and the only positive about him was that he's from Wisconsin.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallCowby1 View Post
He starts day one..........good pick. They play Costa ahead of him.....then we have a problem.
That doesn't define a good pick. If a 3rd rounder starts over a bottom 5 center but you take him in the 1st that's still pathetic.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

And there are still folks here cradling Jerrah's nuts on their tongue.

So hard to root for this team.

Inbred mental retards on meth run the entire place.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
That doesn't define a good pick. If a 3rd rounder starts over a bottom 5 center but you take him in the 1st that's still pathetic.
Jerry traded a Benjamin for a $20 then turned around and traded the $20 for a $1.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude, Cyprien's best fit is cover-2. It was his base defense in college. That's absolutely incorrect.

He's got top not range and speed. That's not just my thoughts either. That's Cosell, Mayock, Norris...

Wow this is pathetic.
He's an in the box hard hitter. I would've wanted him ahead of Frederick. But he's not the last line of defense kind of FS that you want.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought he was a fringe 2nd rounder at center and an early to mid 2nd rounder as a guard. This is still a reach. I think we were scared of missing out on one of the plug-and-play interior lineman at 47 so we reached to get the guy we liked.

As D said I won't hate the pick given our offensive line situation but I would of been MUCH happier with Cyprien. That being said there are still plenty of safety targets that can be instant catalysts for our defense.

That being said if he was a value on our board I'm not going to argue with them as keeping with your board is all you can ask of an organization.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
And there are still folks here cradling Jerrah's nuts on their tongue.

So hard to root for this team.

Inbred mental retards on meth run the entire place.
Next move is New England moving up for Cyprien, who along with Matt Elam become pro-bowl caliber players.

I was sitting here saying "well, we got ****** in this trade but if we can get one of those two safeties, all is forgiven"

Turn to my brother and say "what if we took Te'o or an OL no one has heard of" laughing to myself...

Then it basically happens. I'd rather have that fruit Te'o than this trash.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I thought he was a fringe 2nd rounder at center and an early to mid 2nd rounder as a guard. This is still a reach. I think we were scared of missing out on one of the plug-and-play interior lineman at 47 so we reached to get the guy we liked.

As D said I won't hate the pick given our offensive line situation but I would of been MUCH happier with Cyprien.

That being said if he was a value on our board I'm not going to argue with them as keeping with your board is all you can ask of an organization.
Then their Board is organized randomly by meth heads.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For what it's worth, prisco mocked Frederick at 24 and scouts had a 1st round grade on him.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

As D said I won't hate the pick given our offensive line situation but I would of been MUCH happier with Cyprien.

That's such a ridiculous justification. Even if he pans out, that doesn't make it a good pick.

The pick was stupid. Completely need based. Desperate. They might get lucky, but that doesn't change the fact it was a poor pick.

Everyone on here popping woodies over the supposed move to a ZBS and instead of picking Schwenke, a tailor made ZBS guard/center, we take a power scheme player.

So now were drafting for need and crossing up schemes and you guys are trying to justify it? Jesus Christ.
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

I am hoping for 1-15 and Jerrah to have a debilitating stroke.
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Bro you just said the other day you hate Frederick and the only positive about him was that he's from Wisconsin.
Yeah I know. I had him as my 7th best C in my final rankings. Just saying that at the start of the year, I was high on him based off what he did in 2011. Look at my early mocks for 2013. Frederick was there often early on. He just lost steam as the season went on. I didn't like his combine numbers which was the real reason I dropped him to 7. But that was lower than it should've been. He's a solid 2nd round value.

I loved Barrett Jones, but I was probably too hopeful of his injury.

You guys can hate, but I'm giving Frederick a chance. Fills a need. I'm telling you, this year's draft could be offensive heavy. It definitely needs to be OL heavy.

Looking back, Eifert at 18 was probably my 1st choice.

Who was your guy's choice at 18?
Old 04-25-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
For what it's worth, prisco mocked Frederick at 24 and scouts had a 1st round grade on him.
While that may be true, again, the point to the draft is to try and buy low. We over paid twice, on the trade and the pick.

We took $100 and turned it to $1.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah I know. I had him as my 7th best C in my final rankings. Just saying that at the start of the year, I was high on him based off what he did in 2011. Look at my early mocks for 2013. Frederick was there often early on. He just lost steam as the season went on. I didn't like his combine numbers which was the real reason I dropped him to 7. But that was lower than it should've been. He's a solid 2nd round value.

You guys can hate, but I'm giving Frederick a chance. Fills a need. I'm telling you, this year's draft could be offensive heavy. It definitely needs to be OL heavy.

TE too. I actually would have been happy with Safety or Zach at 31.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I am hoping for 1-15 and Jerrah to have a debilitating stroke.
You realize that this was a Jason Garrett pick, right?
Old 04-25-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
You realize that this was a Jason Garrett pick, right?
Whatever. Get Jerrah's ballz out of your mouth.
dra
Rookie

dra hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jerry Jones has officially taken the position of the late Al Davis (not the young version, the older senile one).
dra is offline   Reply With Quote
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Floyd should have been the pick IMO

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dra View Post
Jerry Jones has officially taken the position of the late Al Davis (not the young version, the older senile one).
At least Al took athletes.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Every draft he does the same. He pretends to think he is smarter than everyone else and reaches for the most speculative players.

Only when someone he loves falls in his lap, does he do what is expected to.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:

Eifert. Pick should have been Eifert all day.

To be honest, I would have taken Elam or Cyprien at 18 and it still wouldn't been as big of a reach as this was.

When they traded down I was sitting here hoping no one would touch Elam/Cyp and the team could take whichever they had rated higher.

****, I'd rather they took Eric Reid at 18 and I hate Reid.

Schwenke, Jones, Quessenberry, Bakhtiari??

How about just pure guards -- Warford, Winters??

Holy ****. The team take a power scheme player that isn't even the best power player on the board by far. Everyone calling it a huge reach. I can find one person in twitter in favor of it.

I've seen everything from "lol" to "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all"

**** dude. This is pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Draft

I know we all might not be happy but to clarify......we get the:

and

#80 pick in Round 3.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Eifert. Pick should have been Eifert all day.

To be honest, I would have taken Elam or Cyprien at 18 and it still wouldn't been as big of a reach as this was.

When they traded down I was sitting here hoping no one would touch Elam/Cyp and the team could take whichever they had rated higher.

****, I'd rather they took Eric Reid at 18 and I hate Reid.

Schwenke, Jones, Quessenberry, Bakhtiari??

How about just pure guards -- Warford, Winters??

Holy ****. The team take a power scheme player that isn't even the best power player on the board by far. Everyone calling it a huge reach. I can find one person in twitter in favor of it.

I've seen everything from "lol" to "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all"

**** dude. This is pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.
But Jerrah's Board says ................................