Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-25-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, we clearly went BPA.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 13m
Idzik: "We selected 2 of our Top 4 players on our board. Period." ... Interesting. #nyj

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still have massive holes at OG, TE, S,and I guess QB.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because of how the draft has gone so far for us, I hope we won't waste a pick tomorrow on a QB. We have too many other holes to hit on. I'm worried though because I heard a rumor of the Jets worrying about missing on a QB early on.

I would like to see us go after WR, RB, LB, OG tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't hate the pick like everyone else does. The giants among ohers have shown all kinds of exotic fronts. I'm not saying its the biggest need, but generating a pass rush has been a problem for years and getting anyone that can generate a rush is a good thing. The offense is going to be garbage though. All they did was subtract talent from a bad offense. Competent coaching from Mornihweig won't make that much of a difference with no talent.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess my concern with taking another interior DL is that we've seen how exotic fronts are beneficial...with multiple DE's. Obviously the Jets have athletic interior linemen now, but they're still interior linemen.

Can't really complain about the Jets selecting two of their top four guys...BPA isn't the worst strategy.

I wonder what they're going to ignore among the obvious "need" positions tomorrow/Saturday. Guard made sense to ignore. Maybe they're happy with Bush at Safety. It seemed pretty clear they were ready to wait on OLB if their guy wasn't there after re-signing Pace.

Wouldn't be unhappy with Carradine if he falls tomorrow. Patterson, Geno, Warford, Moore, Woods...should be lots of guys. It'll be interesting. Ertz too I guess, but eh.

Last edited by derza222 : 04-25-2013 at 09:53 PM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Tyler Wilson in like the 5th if he falls like a stone. I like the kid for some reason. He seems to be pissed off with failure to an extent I can appreciate. I think he would work in the WCO. Ultimatley, I think there will be a run on quaterbacks at some point, so he may not fall so far. I wouldn't hate Geno smith if he keeps falling. Wasting a second on a qb just never seems as bad.

Montee Ball, Ertz, Coradele paterson, eddie lacy are all still available at the moment of writing this post. I think we need to get something for this offense.

Watching it unfold, the skill position guys are falling to where the Jets could take a few.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aside from Safety, the rest of the draft better be offense. This draft absolutely reeks of Rex Ryan's team if anyone has wondered if he was going to be a scapegoat this season. I think this is his team, not Idzik's and he'll be around for the future. Not saying that Milliner or Richardson are bad players. They could be great. Milliner now has to fill Revis's shoes, which will never happen and Richardson makes a good unit even better with Wilkerson and Coples. Kiper compared the Jets to a glorified expansion team. Don't see how we are that much better after round one. Doesn't the offense need to score points ??? Wanted Eifert. Mingo, Cooper, Austin all went earlier than I thought. But I would have taken Warmack over Milliner. And still stuck to Eifert over Richardson. Feeling a little frustrated.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seven guys I'd be okay with at 39:
Geno Smith
Mike Glennon (I know this is just me)
Tank Carradine
Johnathan Cyprien
Larry Warford
Keenan Allen
Robert Woods

Seven guys who I think they might take but I wouldn't be thrilled by:
Ryan Nassib
Matt Barkley
Sio Moore
Eddie Lacy
Margus Hunt
Zach Ertz (value/position/fit okay but I think he's overrated)
Gio Bernard (I'd get over but another guy who doesn't fit much from a need perspective)
Old 04-25-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we see eye to eye on that (including what you wrote in parentheses). I think Geno will come off the board fairly quickly tomorrow, I'm thinking the Jags or Philly may pull the trigger. He could fall to the Jets though. It would be interesting to see what we truly think of him.

Carradine and Cyprien are the 2 that stand out to me. I would love either of them.

I like Woods and Allen too.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With how the first went down, if we look offense, we really should be looking at WR/RB/TE. There was such a run on OL that it'd be an awful reach to take someone there early on. For defense, oddly enough, all the Safeties I didn't like got drafted, so I'm fine whenever we decide to take one (if we do). Still holding out hope for us going after the right DE/OLB.

As for your list, derza, sadly I would only be fine with Cyprien.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Whoops. I forgot McDonald is there. Besides him, all the other Safeties are fine. Safeties take a while to get drafted though so come 4th round, I'd be fine with anyone.

Here are the guys I'd like most for tomorrow:
Johnathan Franklin
Mike Gillislee
Quinton Patton
Markus Wheaton
Gavin Escobar
Alex Okafor
Arthur Brown
Khaseem Greene
John Simon

Some of those guys are on there because I'm not really sure what scheme we're running defensively anymore, so those are just the best players. There's a ton of others that I'd be fine with, but these guys I'd be really happy with.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

TTGS, who are you thinking at 39? Collins? I could live with that. Honestly I wouldn't be thrilled with most of my list, Geno is more me respecting the opinion of some guys but I'm not a huge fan personally. And taking a shot on a QB would be exciting. I'd imagine he ends up in Philly though. Same with Tank (respecting the opinion of some guys), but I think he fits Rex's OLB mold also. Woods I think makes sense on paper enough that I'd be alright with it. Allen the 4.7 concerns me but other than that I like him, so if you can chalk that up to poor health it's okay. Warford seems like a classic Eagles OL and guard is a huge need so they could do worse. Glennon I know is just me, but I like the way his skills translate and his fit in the WCO that Mornhinwig is going to run on paper. Get the ball out quick and take some deep shots, fits Glennon very well and I still see more NFL throws from him than I do from anyone else.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pretty much hate our draft. How we didn't manage 1 trade back is beyond me. We didn't fill a single need and it's not like we got great value. It's arguable that milliner is the best corner and Richardson is the best DT. Really debatable. All around bad, at least we didn't do something horrific like draft a qb
Old 04-25-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
TTGS, who are you thinking at 39? Collins? I could live with that. Honestly I wouldn't be thrilled with most of my list, Geno is more me respecting the opinion of some guys but I'm not a huge fan personally. And taking a shot on a QB would be exciting. I'd imagine he ends up in Philly though. Same with Tank (respecting the opinion of some guys), but I think he fits Rex's OLB mold also. Woods I think makes sense on paper enough that I'd be alright with it. Allen the 4.7 concerns me but other than that I like him, so if you can chalk that up to poor health it's okay. Warford seems like a classic Eagles OL and guard is a huge need so they could do worse. Glennon I know is just me, but I like the way his skills translate and his fit in the WCO that Mornhinwig is going to run on paper. Get the ball out quick and take some deep shots, fits Glennon very well and I still see more NFL throws from him than I do from anyone else.
What guys? The 32 teams that just passed on him? lol

We don't want Smith at 39. He wouldn't start over Sanchez this year and would either

A) Preclude drafting a good QB next year

or

B) Fizzle out and be a waste of the 39th pick.

We want Lacy.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Just some internet draft guys I tend to follow more than others. I personally wasn't terribly impressed by what I saw. My personal favorite is still Glennon. But it's clear he's got projectable traits and if he's got that competitiveness to bust his ass and make himself successful, that's what's most important to me. Seems like that may be the case, so that would help. I certainly think he's better than Sanchez, though. Not sure it's close.

No real interest in Lacy TBH. I couldn't see the old Eagles taking him, and that's the offense the Jets are running. Think they're either trading for Ivory or going mid-round bruiser, but they've got their third down/speed guys locked up for this season.

More than anyone else, I want Tank. Upside, will benefit from good coaching, fits the mold of OLB's that Ryan has had previously, fits a need. That's my guy at this point.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
If they really are going to the 4-3 more, I would take Brown or Okafor. If it's still the 3-4, I would take Patton or maybe still Okafor. Personally, I think this is a point where we can trade down and still get our guy, but who knows.

EDIT: Forgot about the Ivory stuff. And also, I think we can get Gillislee (or maybe Franklin) in the 3rd, so we might be able to wait. I feel like there's going to be a run on RBs and WRs in the 2nd, though.

Last edited by thetedginnshow : 04-25-2013 at 11:32 PM.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
If they really are going to the 4-3 more, I would take Brown or Okafor. If it's still the 3-4, I would take Patton or Franklin/Gillislee. Personally, I think this is a point where we can trade down and still get our guy, but who knows.
Good point, I thought 39 for a trade down was the most realistic option a couple days ago. Definitely potentially makes sense.

Still don't think they touch RB, but after what they did day 1 who knows. Brown I like, but like Richardson I don't see the fit. Maybe in the 4-3 a little more than in the 3-4. Okafor I wasn't a huge fan of as a 3-4 OLB but didn't really look at him from a 4-3 DE lens. I still think they're going to run a lot of 3 man fronts though.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forgot about Tank... I'd be so down.

Add a decent WR and TE later (good TEs still left) and all of the sudden it looks better.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

And Cyprien. Dammit how did they not trade down. I wish they had two picks here.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Tank's pretty versatile. I think he could fit in both the 34 and 43.

The TE I want is Escobar. He's raw but has a lot of upside. 39 is too early but I would love him in the 3rd. I don't know if he'll fall that far or not.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Forgot about Tank... I'd be so down.

Add a decent WR and TE later (good TEs still left) and all of the sudden it looks better.
Tank to me just makes more sense than any other pass rusher left in terms of upside and what they've had there previously. If the knee isn't bad I can see holding off though, obviously I'm no doctor and I don't have the medical. Otherwise...Cornelius Washington has been rumored. Didn't impress me watching him but maybe if he's let loose it'd be better because there were obvious flashes.

Of all positions, WR is definitely deep. I think TE is solid too. If they can get a Dion Sims in round 4 or 5 I think that's a really solid scheme/need/value fit and they can spend those two premium picks tomorrow on other positions.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is just bananas. Josh Bush is still our starting FS and Cumberland is still our starting TE. If they don't take Ertz in the 2nd, I really just have no idea what they're doing. Maybe they have trades in place for guys like Kyle Wilson and Kenrick Ellis and we don't know about it? You have solid youth at these positions and you draft them anyway? What in the world. I really don't think they were much better than Vaccaro or Lotulelei. Shrug
Old 04-25-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

After having 2 picks in the top half of the first round, I don't feel any better about this team. That's sad but I'll give Idzik the benefit of the doubt for now.

We better do some work Friday night.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Honestly, when he was healthy, I thought Cumberland was more of a mismatch than Keller. We need depth there, but I wouldn't be too hurt if that wasn't in the first couple of positions we address. As for Safety, unless you're getting a premier talent, I really think you can get the same guy in the 5th as you can get in the 2nd. I think we can find the right fit at the right time. I feel that our next couple of picks should be at impact positions.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets supposedly really, really like TE Travis Kelce of UC.........he can be had round 3 or 4.

I think Jets get either G Larry Warford or WR Justin Hunter in round 2...

As for this draft, its meh. I'm not MAD or irate I mean...but am I giddy? Not really. I really wanted a trade down or some offense in one of the picks.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

I actually really like Sheldon Richardson and thought he was underrated and better than Sharrif Floyd at least. But I didn't consider him to be better than Lotulelei, especially for a 3-4 team (are even still a 3-4 team after this draft and last? we now have 2 linemen who are poor fits for it). I think Dee Milliner likely starts this season at FS. I also think BPA at 39 is going to be a WR most likely, possibly Damonster or Ertz depending on if they like them.

I just need to get used to this draft mentality, I'm all for BPA but if player A is say worth 2000 value and player B is worth 1980 but player B is a much better scheme fit or is a position that he will likely start at right away, why the F take player A? I just don't get it.