Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-25-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lmfao all I can do is laugh RT @jonmachota Wisconsin center Travis Frederick is No. 92 on Mike Mayock's list of best players in this draft.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
I know we all might not be happy but to clarify......we get the:

and

#80 pick in Round 3.
We get or we have?

Are you saying the Cowboys got two thirds for the swap with SF?
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You realize that this was a Jason Garrett pick, right?
Maybe? All I know from what I was reading is Jason was crying when Jerry traded back and Jerry and Stephen had to leave the room.

Obviously the trade wasn't Jason's call, he was upset about it. So who knows what he's in control of?

He's a lame duck. He has no say.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What bothers Tony Romo the most? Interior pressure.

What do you love most about the Center position? Smarts. Frederick is an Engineer. NUFCED.

What do you hate about the Center position? A small guy who gets pushed back. Frederick is a big strong burly man who neutralizes Nose Tackle sized defenders at the point of attack.

I repeat. I will NOT complain about interior OL help. Period.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You realize that this was a Jason Garrett pick, right?
Yup, watched the War Cam leading up to the pick. Garrett was the first one to talk with Frederick.
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I know. I had him as my 7th best C in my final rankings. Just saying that at the start of the year, I was high on him based off what he did in 2011. Look at my early mocks for 2013. Frederick was there often early on. He just lost steam as the season went on. I didn't like his combine numbers which was the real reason I dropped him to 7. But that was lower than it should've been. He's a solid 2nd round value.

I loved Barrett Jones, but I was probably too hopeful of his injury.

You guys can hate, but I'm giving Frederick a chance. Fills a need. I'm telling you, this year's draft could be offensive heavy. It definitely needs to be OL heavy.

Looking back, Eifert at 18 was probably my 1st choice.

Who was your guy's choice at 18?
but oncr you went thru scouting these guys, you realized he not that good. i bet broaddus could get out on the field and be as good as costa, with all the weigh felix has put on he could beat out costa too.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
Maybe? All I know from what I was reading is Jason was crying when Jerry traded back and Jerry and Stephen had to leave the room.

Obviously the trade wasn't Jason's call, he was upset about it. So who knows what he's in control of?

He's a lame duck. He has no say.
Jerrah did a line of coke as the call came in from SF.

SF should be prosecuted for abuse the mentally ********.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:

What do you love most about the Center position? Smarts. Frederick is an Engineer. NUFCED.

What do you hate about the Center position? A small guy who gets pushed back. Frederick is a big strong burly man who neutralizes Nose Tackle sized defenders at the point of attack.

They took a third in the first and you feel OK?

Seriously, get Jerrah's nuts out of your mouth.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLatJerrahJones View Post
Whatever. Get Jerrah's ballz out of your mouth.
Hahahahahaaha.... I'm literaly laughing at your immaturity. You think that offends me? hahaha cracks me up.

Need proof it was Jason's pick?

Watch the press conference..

Question: "What do you like about Frederick?"

Jerry: *looks over to his head coach* "Uh... Jason?"

Jason: Proceeds to talk about everything he loves about Frederick.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We get or we have?

Are you saying the Cowboys got two thirds for the swap with SF?
We get 74. We already had 80. Big ******* deal -- wanna know why?

That's where you draft interior OL. Instead we'll draft a 3rd rate safety to put with our other 3rd rate safeties.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
We get 74. We already had 80. Big ******* deal -- wanna know why?

That's where you draft interior OL. Instead we'll draft a 3rd rate safety to put with our other 3rd rate safeties.
This organization is dysfunctional and actually very stupid.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
but oncr you went thru scouting these guys, you realized he not that good. i bet broaddus could get out on the field and be as good as costa, with all the weigh felix has put on he could beat out costa too.
I overreacted to his slow speed at the combine. But a Center doesn't need to be tested on his 40 or shuttle times.
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Hahahahahaaha.... I'm literaly laughing at your immaturity. You think that offends me? hahaha cracks me up.

Need proof it was Jason's pick?

Watch the press conference..

Question: "What do you like about Frederick?"

Jerry: *looks over to his head coach* "Uh... Jason?"

Jason: Proceeds to talk about everything he loves about Frederick.
You keep saying it does not make it true.
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallCowby1 View Post
Yup, watched the War Cam leading up to the pick. Garrett was the first one to talk with Frederick.
Did Garrett also cry about the trade? So he's not in control. It's mutual. It's pathetic.

I bet Jason wanted to pick Reid, Floyd, or Eifert and got overruled.

Maybe Frederick was his terrible pick. Cool. Than they both suck if that's the case.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Who did you want?
Old 04-25-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Dude I can't handle it. I actually can't handle it. Pathetic.

Stockpiling mid-round picks.

Cyprien won't make it to 47.

We'll prob draft some loser like Phillip Thomas.

Jerry needs to die. This won't be right until he's 6 ft under.
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

This reminds me a bit of the Felix pick when we should have taken Mendenhall or Johnson.

Jerry made up his mind he needed a change of pace back to complement Marion Barber who he way over paid for and invested a first when Jamaal Charles doing the same thing was there in the third (or late second).

Another similar is chucking Fasano for a fourth and then investing in Martellus in the second when a few guys went in the third who were better combine guys like Jeremichael Finley.
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't JG have a Wisconsin connection?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas Cowboys (Last Year: 8-8)

2013 NFL Draft Individual Grades:

31. Travis Frederick, G/C, Wisconsin: MILLEN HIGH-PRICED SCOREBOARD THAT MAKES PEOPLE BLIND KIELBASA Grade
Travis Frederick!?!? The Wisconsin lineman who was considered a third-round prospect? There were other reaches in the first round, but this takes the cake. It seems like the Cowboys panicked with all of the guards flying off the board, which is the worst thing you can ever do in the NFL Draft. It's never been more obvious that Dallas needs a real general manager.

Sigh...

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Dude I can't handle it. I actually can't handle it. Pathetic.

Stockpiling mid-round picks.

Cyprien won't make it to 47.

We'll prob draft some loser like Phillip Thomas.

Jerry needs to die. This won't be right until he's 6 ft under.
They simply don't know how to draft. They don't understand the game. They draft like the GMs in the 1960s.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Doesn't JG have a Wisconsin connection?
Not relevant, you don't pick at 31 someone you can pick at 75.

Move the pick and get a few picks LIKE THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS DID.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally had Frederick 27th on my board.

Rock-solid obvious starter. Why mess with risky players when you can get as close to a sure thing as possible so late.

Bravo!
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You keep saying it does not make it true.
It is true. Get over it. Jason has picked the players in the last 3 drafts including this one.

I have no problem with guys being critical of Jerry. I am critical of him. In fact I called the trade down value stupid. Right when it happened, and if you look back, a lot of guys were cheering about the trade. Not me.

Your problem is that you let your emotions control yourself.... and you don't let go of the past. Double whammy.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Personally had Frederick 27th on my board.

Rock-solid obvious starter. Why mess with risky players when you can get as close to a sure thing as possible so late.

Bravo!
Again, you don't pick at 31, someone you could have gotten at 75.

Hope he becomes GOAT.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:

I don't understand this logic. Do you think Frederick would have been gone at 47?

Of course not. So how is that ok?

We could have had Elam/Cyprien AND Frederick.

Now we have this over-drafted player out of desperation