Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 04-25-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

dra hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cooper is a solid player. A reach but in this draft the OL were all going early. Good players available in round 2, Cards should be able to add another starter.
dra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hoping for one of these 6 in the 2nd

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
Tank Carradine, DE/OLB, Florida State
Arthur Brown, ILB, Kansas State
Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU
Johnathan Cyprien, S, FIU
Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

My Arizona board looks like this:
Tank Carradine, DE
Eddie Lacey, RB
Justin Hunter, WR
Zack Ertz, TE
Johnathan Cyprien, S
Manti Te'o, ILB
Old 04-26-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

I may be in the minority but I don't think the Cardinals are far from competing for a playoff spot. They need another offensive weapon. Maybe Michael Floyd will develop with a stable QB situation.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honey Badge is slow, short and can't cover, triple threat :/

Old 04-26-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Disagree. He can play. I think Arizona is having a great draft. We now have two play makers on the edges.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah all he does is make plays. Do you even watch tape?

Last edited by fenikz : 04-27-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
So you're both right then.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
how many of them are in coverage?

besides Mathieu I like the draft, still need a QB and kinda surprised we didn't take a QB but this is one of the weakest QBs classes I've ever seen so that may have been a wasted pick

7. Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
45. Kevin Minter, SILB, LSU
69. Tyrann Mathieu, FS, LSU
103. Alex Okafor, OLB, Texas
116. Earl Watford, OG, James Madison
140. Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford
174. Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
187. Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson
219. D.C. Jefferson, TE, Rutgers

Old 04-27-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one of the best draft classes i remember us ever having. really can't complain about any of those picks. cooper offers a huge immediate upgrade on the interior OL and watford looks promising as well. i think this solidifies a move to a ZBS though as both coop and watford fit that scheme the best.

minter is an excellent pick, should be next to washington for the forseeable future. i'm iffy on mathieu, but he's a playmaker in a secondary that only has one right now. if he keeps his head on straight and learns from PP21 i think this will turn out to be a really good pick.

i'm not sure on okafor as an OLB in our 3-4, but obviously keim & arians are so i love the value and it's at a position of need on top of that.

taylor and ellington are both excellent picks. taylor was the one rb i was hoping the cards would take in the later rounds so i'm excited we got him. ellington was a luxury pick, but could turn out to be better than taylor. with the brittleness of mendenhall and williams, both could see significant playing time this year.

swope was also a BPA pick and i like it. he's fast and should line up in the slot with roberts with the ability to stretch the field. also provides insurance as the WR4 incase one of fitz, floyd, or roberts goes down. definitely giving palmer plenty of chances to succeed with this receiving core.

jefferson sounds like a project, but not much else we can expect in the 7th round. i would say TE was a position of need since all we really have is housler and jeff king (if he's still on the roster?) so i'm ok with the pick here.

overall, i would grade it as an A. i think we picked up multiple starters and made some great value picks. very impressed with keim & arians after this.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:31 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about the Cardinals draft. Cooper is an excellent guard, no doubt, but I just don't know about the value of picking a guard in the top 10. I like the Minter and Okafor picks. Mathieu I think will be an undersized free safety or nickel corner, if he can keep his nose clean he may be the steal of your draft.

C.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

finally figured out why Ellington was listed as having a 4.6 40, pulled his hamstring at the combine. I was so confused watching him on film and then seeing that his 40 was listed as a 4.6, makes a lot more sense now

Old 04-29-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Adam Snyder released, Hooray!

Old 05-01-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

depth chart prediction

QB Carson Palmer - Drew Stanton - Brian Hoyer
RB Rashad Mendenhall - Ryan Williams - Stepfan Taylor - Andre Ellington
TE Robert Housler - Jeff King - Jim Dray - D.C. Jefferson
WR Larry Fitzgerald - Andre Roberts - LaRon Byrd
WR Michael Floyd - Ryan Swope
LT Levi Brown - Nate Potter
LG Jonathan Cooper - Senio Kelemete
C Lyle Sendlein
RG Daryn Colledge - Earl Watfotd
RT Bobby Massie

UT Darnell Dockett - Ricky Lumpkin
NT Dan Williams - David Carter
LE Calais Campbell - Frostee Rucker
ROLB Lorenzo Alexander - O'Brien Schofield - Alex Okafor
SILB Kevin Minter - Jasper Brinkley
WILB Karlos Dansby - Daryl Washington* - Reggie Walker
LOLB Sam Acho - Matt Shaughnessy
CB Patrick Peterson - Jamell Fleming - Justin Bethel
FS Rashad Johnson - Tyrann Mathieu
SS Yeremiah Bell - Jonathon Amaya
CB Jerraud Powers - Antoine Cason - Javier Arenas

K Jay Feely
P Dave Zastudil
LS Mike Leech
KR Javier Arenas - Ryan Swope
PR Patrick Peterson - Tyrann Mathieu - Javier Arenas

Last edited by fenikz : 05-10-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
depth chart prediction

QB Carson Palmer - Drew Stanton - Brian Hoyer
TE Robert Housler - Jeff King - Jim Dray - D.C. Jefferson
LG Jonathan Cooper - Senio Kelemete
C Lyle Sendlein - Mike Gibson
RG Daryn Colledge - Chilo Rachal - Earl Watfotd
RT Bobby Massie

LE Calais Campbell - Frostee Ruckers
SILB Kevin Minter - Jasper Brinkley
WILB Daryl Washington - Reggie Walker
FS Rashad Johnson - Tyrann Mathieu
SS Yeremiah Bell - Jonathon Amaya - Tony Jefferson

K Jay Feely
P Dave Zastudil
KR Javier Arenas - Ryan Swope
PR Patrick Peterson - Tyrann Mathieu - Javier Arenas
I absolutely LOVE the way you guys attacked it. A++++++++++++ for assembling this roster!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Dansby!!!

Only a 1 year deal too, so I personally don't care what we paid him. Should start the 1st 4 games at WILB and then at the very least he can play in nickle & 4-3 packages

also we signed Taylor, Ellington, Swope & Jefferson

Last edited by fenikz : 05-10-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

this seems to be the day 1 of OTA depth chart

QB Carson Palmer - Drew Stanton - Ryan Lindley
TE Robert Housler - Jeff King - Kory Sperry - Jim Dray - D.C. Jefferson
LG Jonathan Cooper - Chilo Rachal - Senio Kelemete
C Lyle Sendlein - Mike Gibson
RG Daryn Colledge - Earl Watford
RT Bobby Massie

LE Calais Campbell - Frostee Ruckers
SILB Jasper Brinkley - Kevin Minter
WILB Karlos Dansby - Daryl Washington - Reggie Walker
FS Yeremiah Bell - Tyrann Mathieu
SS Rashad Johnson - Jonathon Amaya - Tony Jefferson

Old 05-14-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you guys have no RE?
Old 05-14-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

we run a 3-4

Old 06-04-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Do you guys think Mathieu will play slot CB or FS as a starter at any point this season?
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

i think he will be in during nickle packages from day 1, replacing Bell

something like

CB Patrick Peterson
NB Antoine Cason
FS Tyrann Mathieu
SS Rashad Johnson
CB Jerraud Powers

Old 08-13-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

from rotoworld:

Quote:
One NFL scout told KTAR Arizona rookie DB Tyrann Mathieu is already "pound-for-pound" the Cardinals' best football player.

An offensive assistant added that "No. 32 (Mathieu's number) is going to change the team." Per radio personality Ron Wolfley, Mathieu's quick development has been "nothing short of stunning," and he's done it while learning four positions: Outside corner, slot corner, safety, and special teamer. Mathieu is truly a stud, and will make himself impossible for the Cardinals to keep off the field. Aug 5 - 6:12 PM

Source: KTAR Arizona
how much truth is there to that from what you guys know? obviously I don't think he's already their best defender but has he really been that impressive?
sbh15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

He has been great but obviously he isn't our best defender

the amount of talent we added to the defense this offseason is simply insane though

Abraham, Dansby, Shaughessy, Rucker, Brinkley, Powers, Cason, Minter, Mathieu, & Okafor

and every vet signed for near the minimum :)

Last edited by fenikz : 08-13-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Andre Ellington & Tyrann Mathieu both had good games and PP held Megatron relatively in check if you throw out the play where he stopped because he thought Dansby was going to intercept it

Palmer holds on to the ball a little too long for my liking but once Housler returns he will have that check down option that Jim Dray simply isn't built for

Old 09-22-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Palmer is terrible and Bowles is our worst DC since Pendergast