Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My guess is, there's this rumor out there that Jim Buss wants to put his own stamp on the Lakers, and he doesn't want to remain status quo with the Phil Jackson coaching tree.

It gives the impression of steadiness, and Jim wants change. Bc change defines his influence on the team.

It's an ego/power thing.

That's a guess on my part.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Buss is a ******* ******.

He lets his ego get in the way.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. Bc he was sooooo the man being a trust fund baby his whole life who gets to run the Lakers.

Let's show all these peasants how awesome you are, right Jim?

I hate people with ginormous egos like that who haven't earned the right to be that cocky. If he made his own success I don't mind having an ego like that. But you were born into your profession. You have no right to be that egotistical.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
I hear you, but maybe they struggled to make the playoffs because the players were not a fit for the system he runs. You can't run up and down the court and play the "7 seconds or less" style of offense when most of your roster is 30 + years old.
This is also true but he certainly isn't the one to make those moves.

And Shaw might not be a big enough name for Buss which is absurd considering he deserves a shot.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah. Bc he was sooooo the man being a trust fund baby his whole life who gets to run the Lakers.

Let's show all these peasants how awesome you are, right Jim?

I hate people with ginormous egos like that who haven't earned the right to be that cocky. If he made his own success I don't mind having an ego like that. But you were born into your profession. You have no right to be that egotistical.

Welcome to "Merica.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Jim Buss totally sucks. The Lakers have a lot of things going for them as a franchise, but having Jim Buss running them for the foreseeable is certainly not one of them.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's a good thing in my eyes. Hopefully he's their James Dolan.

**** the Lakers.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, sweet sweet James Dolan.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe it will be an Al Davis type thing
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha James Dolan, I have a presentation today recommending to short one of his company's Cablevision and him being the owner definitely helped me choose to research that company.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Buss just loves waving his big stick around because he felt like the forgotten bastard child when Jerry and Jeanie were running things.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
Can someone explain why they didn't even give Brian Shaw a shot????

He is from the Phil Jackson coaching school and believes in defense and has familiarity with the triangle offense.
They wanted to move away from the Phil Jackson era and the triangle. His name was mentioned in the coaching search when they hired Pringles but the Pacers value Shaw a ton as an assistant and weren't just going to let him leave.

With that being said I wish that Jeanie was running the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Me too...Jeanie >>>>>> Jimmer

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

steve blake out indefinitely with a hammy strain. do the lakers have any guards left? gtdamn

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry, it'll all be over soon.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#FeartheDeer

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scotty your team better pick it up if they want to hit 50.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should just go with our late March gameplan for game #4.

Rest Lebron and Dwade - Close them out with Miller,Bosh,Allen, and Battier.

Apparently the Bulls want it more than the Nets.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-26-2013, 01:27 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come coach my Pistons.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:29 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you will hire lindsey hunter and you will like it!

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

That coach has passion.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
We should just go with our late March gameplan for game #4.

Rest Lebron and Dwade - Close them out with Miller,Bosh,Allen, and Battier.

Apparently the Bulls want it more than the Nets.
PJ Carlissimo is the worst coach in the history of mankind. Thanks for having 2 guys that don't need to be defended in the game the majority of the time PJ!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Report: #Timberwolves fire general manager David Kahn, will replace him with former coach Flip Saunders

WE ARE NO LONGER THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE NBA
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Report: #Timberwolves fire general manager David Kahn, will replace him with former coach Flip Saunders

WE ARE NO LONGER THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE NBA
Kahn can get picked on but he did manage to bring in some decent talent to Minnesota.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Kahn can get picked on but he did manage to bring in some decent talent to Minnesota.
No.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...09-draft-right