Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-26-2013, 05:27 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mock This Draft

We did this last year.

Critique this round as if it were a mock draft. Feel free to mock, but follow forum rules.

1.01 Chiefs OL Eric Fisher Central Michigan
1.02 Jaguars OL Luke Joeckel Texas A&M
1.03 Dolphins DL Dion Jordan Oregon from OAK
1.04 Eagles OL Lane Johnson Oklahoma
1.05 Lions DL Ziggy Ansah Brigham Young
1.06 Browns DL Barkevious Mingo Louisiana State
1.07 Cardinals OL Jonathan Cooper North Carolina
1.08 Rams WR Tavon Austin West Virginia from BUF
1.09 Jets DB Dee Milliner Alabama
1.10 Titans OL Chance Warmack Alabama
1.11 Chargers OL D.J. Fluker Alabama
1.12 Raiders DB D.J. Hayden Houston from MIA
1.13 Jets DL Sheldon Richardson Missouri from TB (Darrelle Revis)
1.14 Panthers DL Star Lotulelei Utah
1.15 Saints DB Kenny Vaccaro Texas
1.16 Bills QB EJ Manuel Florida State from STL
1.17 Steelers LB Jarvis Jones Georgia
1.18 49ers DB Eric Reid Louisiana State from DAL
1.19 Giants OL Justin Pugh Syracuse
1.20 Bears OL Kyle Long Oregon
1.21 Bengals TE Tyler Eifert Notre Dame
1.22 Falcons DB Desmond Trufant Washington from STL through WAS (Robert Griffin)
1.23 Vikings DL Sharrif Floyd Florida
1.24 Colts DL Bjoern Werner Florida State
1.25 Vikings DB Xavier Rhodes Florida State from SEA (Percy Harvin)
1.26 Packers DL Datone Jones UCLA
1.27 Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins Clemson
1.28 Broncos DL Sylvester Williams North Carolina
1.29 Vikings WR Cordarrelle Patterson Tennessee from NE
1.30 Rams LB Alec Ogletree Georgia from ATL
1.31 Cowboys OL Travis Frederick Wisconsin from SF
1.32 Ravens DB Matt Elam Florida

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:30 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Long in the top 20?????? Are you kidding me? I could think of 15 players I'd rather have over him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:33 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jones over vaccaro plz (for that matter, pretty much 100 guys over vaccaro)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:33 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings better have given up a ******** of picks to trade with the Pats. Possibly something like a 2, 3, 4 and a 7 would be ok

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:52 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overall the AFC South added some serious talent. The Jaguars might have picked the best player, but I still think its the worst pick of the four.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
The Vikings better have given up a ******** of picks to trade with the Pats. Possibly something like a 2, 3, 4 and a 7 would be ok
2, 3, 4, AND 7 to get back up to the 1st? You're out of your mind.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
We did this last year.

Critique this round as if it were a mock draft. Feel free to mock, but follow forum rules.

1.01 Chiefs OL Eric Fisher Central Michigan
Solid pick, who I would take.
1.02 Jaguars OL Luke Joeckel Texas A&M
Not who I would go with, but cant argue with the value.
1.03 Dolphins DL Dion Jordan Oregon from OAK
Really??? If they trade for Albert, maybe, although hosing the Raiders value wise is a good deal. I dont think Jordan fits their defense, I dont see it.
1.04 Eagles OL Lane Johnson Oklahoma
Great pick, my #1 LT prospect, a steal at 4.
1.05 Lions DL Ziggy Ansah Brigham Young
Makes sense.
1.06 Browns DL Barkevious Mingo Louisiana State
Dont they have Sheard and didnt they just spend on Kruger in FA, they have too many holes to pull this off. I do like Mingo alot thought in a 3-4. I dont see how they dont go CB or QB here.
1.07 Cardinals OL Jonathan Cooper North Carolina
Solid pick. Makes sense with the LT's off the board. I would go with Star myself.
1.08 Rams WR Tavon Austin West Virginia from BUF
Good trade for both teams, Austin can help tip the scales in that division, and they finally give Bradford a toy. You'll probably catch some flack for this though.
1.09 Jets DB Dee Milliner Alabama
Nice pick, I like Hayden more, but Milliner fits nicely into their D.
1.10 Titans OL Chance Warmack Alabama
Nice pick, great value, Chris Johnson has to be estatic.
1.11 Chargers OL D.J. Fluker Alabama
Reaching for need, but with the big 5 off the board, I cant blame them. Value/Need wise I would go with Hayden at CB, but protecting Rivers is a must, so, so be it.
1.12 Raiders DB D.J. Hayden Houston from MIA
Great pick, although I dont know how you pass up Star at this point, it all starts up front. I also have Star as the #2 prospect in the draft. Horrible trade, but desprite times call for...
1.13 Jets DL Sheldon Richardson Missouri from TB (Darrelle Revis)
WTF??? I would laugh out loud and probably almost choke on my beer if they took him. I love him as a prospect, but didnt they just draft Muhammend and Coples, I dont see him in a 3-4, better suited for a 4-3.
1.14 Panthers DL Star Lotulelei Utah
Great pick, I dont see how he falls this far, he is just too good, reminds me alot of Ngata, he doesnt make it out of the top 7 picks IMO. Homer :)
1.15 Saints DB Kenny Vaccaro Texas
Good pick value wise, how do they pass on J. Jones though? They have no one to rush the passer for RR. J. Jones all day here.
1.16 Bills QB EJ Manuel Florida State from STL
FML... I dont see how they pass on Nassib or Barkley as they both fit the system much better. I dont see it, would rather stay at 8 and take Austin, then trade up or stand pat and take a QB in the late first, early 2nd. Manuel just doesnt fit. I dont see how they come out of 1st round w/out a QB named Nassib or Barkley.
Breakfast on 4/26/13: Crow and eggs...
1.17 Steelers LB Jarvis Jones Georgia
Solid pick, makes sense.
1.18 49ers DB Eric Reid Louisiana State from DAL
Nice trade, but horrible pick IMO, Reid has upside and their are corners who are much better, I dont see how they pass on Trufant myself. As a LSU fan, Reid was good 2 years ago, but missed alot of tackles and was not good in coverage this year. Should be a 2nd rounder IMO.
1.19 Giants OL Justin Pugh Syracuse
Reach IMO, I like Pugh, but dont think he's a top twenty pick. How do they pass on Eifert here?
1.20 Bears OL Kyle Long Oregon
See Giants pick... Did Eifert have an undisclosed medical issue recently?
1.21 Bengals TE Tyler Eifert Notre Dame
Great value, I dont think they need a TE though. Imagine the offense with Eifert, Gresham, Green and Sanu... Hmm... Would make the Pats jealous, lol
1.22 Falcons DB Desmond Trufant Washington from STL through WAS (Robert Griffin)
Good trade, I love the pick, Trufant is my 2nd rated CB behind Hayden.
1.23 Vikings DL Sharrif Floyd Florida
Not a big Shariff fan, lots of potential, but I still think he goes in the 10-15 range, a steal at 23 though. I have the Vikings trading up to land Floyd, so I like it at 23.
1.24 Colts DL Bjoern Werner Florida State
Really?? I dont see the fit in a 3-4, Werner is not a space player, IMO this pick does not make any sense. They should take Rhodes if they go D, or a WR, but thats me...
1.25 Vikings DB Xavier Rhodes Florida State from SEA (Percy Harvin)
Are the Vikings going to more of a man to man D, and I missed the memo? I dont see them going with Rhodes, maybe more of a zone corner like J. Taylor, or reciever like Hopkins or Patterson.
1.26 Packers DL Datone Jones UCLA
Great pick.
1.27 Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins Clemson
Great pick.
1.28 Broncos DL Sylvester Williams North Carolina
IMO, he is over rated. They need a DT, but Williams has bust written all over him. He fits a need, but IMO there is much better value at other needs.
1.29 Vikings WR Cordarrelle Patterson Tennessee from NE
Thats alot to give up for a wide out who doesnt run routes well at all, and body catches alot. I guess he helps in the return game... Makes sense though.
1.30 Rams LB Alec Ogletree Georgia from ATL
Decent trade, not sure the Rams would take another risk in the draft after taking Jenkins last year. Ogletree's pattern of behavior makes me think he doesnt go in the first, he fits their D, but I cant see them taking a risk like this after last year.
1.31 Cowboys OL Travis Frederick Wisconsin from SF
Honestly, after that horrible trade, this would be a huge reach with guys like Cyprien, Elam, Warford, and others on the board. Dallas fans will likely hate you for this, despite adding a 3rd round pick.
1.32 Ravens DB Matt Elam Florida
Makes sense. Not who I would go with, but I could see it.

J
I dont see how Buffalo takes Manuel in the first with Nassib and Barkley available. He really does not fit in Marrone's offense.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, Patriots trade down. How ******* original. GTFO. I guess I would be OK with it if we got a decent return but GTFO regardless.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it for the Jets! Aside from the Patriots trade-raping the Vikings, its a great mock for the Jets IMO. The Dolphins trade up for the player I feel is most overrated by far? Awesome. The Bills take a QB that probably would have been there for them in the 2nd with 2-3 better QBs on the board? Sweet.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Geno Smith round 1? EJ MANUEL as the ONLY round 1 QB?!?! Is this a joke?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Kyle Long's ceiling is that of a good left tackle, but I think he's just going to be a decent guard. I value decent guards and all, but not in the first round. I like the Bears getting Long but this is way too early, especially with impact players that fill bigger needs on the board. The Bears are much more likely to take someone off of this list:

Marcus Trufant
Xavier Rhodes
Tank Carradine
Bjoern Werner
DeAndre Hopkins
Arthur Brown

Even Johnthan Banks or Ryan Nassib would be a lot more likely, but they'd be a tier below the other guys.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote