Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 04-26-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cyprien. Cyprien. Cyprien.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
WOULD LOVE him.... would have accepted him at 26.
No way we land him tomorrow. NO WAY. (attempt to jinx it)
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not opposed but I think the front office/coaching staff like the young safeties already on the roster more than you do.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tons of stuff on Datone Jones from now and BEFORE the draft, from all over the Twitterverse, right here, for those of you on Twitter> https://twitter.com/packersinsider

The more I read, the more I LOVE this guy.

He's been assigned #95 jersey

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 04-26-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Tons of stuff on Datone Jones from now and BEFORE the draft, from all over the Twitterverse, right here, for those of you on Twitter> https://twitter.com/packersinsider

The more I read, the more I LOVE this guy.
What I took away from that is Aaron Rodgers is apparently a Thrones fan.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
With the Pats having all those 2nd/3rd rounders, I wonder if GB works some trades with them. Those 2 love trading with eachother
Our picks are really close together. I don't see what kind of deals we'd make with them.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

JUSTIN PUGH vs DATONE JONES, at the 15:30 mark here.
Looks like a mismatch, and we got the right guy.

Fisher holes him off well at the 19:45 mark.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see them draft a RB in the second round. I think there's going to be good value and it's would be pretty hard to not draft an upgrade. Other than, I'm cool with all defense.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:16 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would have to trade up and from earlier comments by MM...I don't think the team is going to look at Safety. I think they like the ones currently on the roster

I'm calling for friday to be Fatty Friday. Big fat guy up front at OL/DL will be the pick
Old 04-26-2013, 02:59 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TT saying they were surprised that Datone Jones was available. Obviously they had him rated higher than #26. It's always good to get a great value and to fill a need at the same time.

I think this is one of my favorite TT picks. I liked Perry last year, but he had the question of "is he a fit in the 3-4 defense?". Datone played in a 3-4 defense in college and excelled in everything he was asked to do. It'll be interesting how we use him though. Earlier in the year I was questioning how we'd use him. We're playing with 2 DLmen 75% of the time, so does he have to bulk up if he wants to be the DT or does he replace Perry? Obviously he'll do a bit of both, but it'll be interesting to see what he does more of.

You just see how quick he is. Watch his combine drills he looks like a linebacker. He's probably more fluid than Perry, it's crazy.

Quote:
He added roughly 30 pounds by his sophomore season in 2009 but then missed all of 2010 with a broken foot he sustained early in fall camp.

Jones said he “cried for three weeks” over losing a season
, but with a medical redshirt he came back to play two more years, starting all 28 games for UCLA in 2011-12.
The dude clearly loves football, haha.

Quote:
In the current NFL, Jones has mentioned Houston’s J.J. Watt as the type of all-around impact player he believes he can be. That’s more unbridled enthusiasm than bravado, but Jones isn’t about to sell himself short, either.

“Most definitely. Why not me?” he said. “I’ll put the work in and anything is possible.”
He agrees with the Watt comparison. And looking like he's willing to put in the work. Obviously you'd expect him to be a great character guy, with TT drafting him, but i'm hearing all the right things.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 04-26-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:21 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't hate or love the pick. It's just so safe and boring :\

Is Cyprien this year's, OMG, I WANT HIM IN ROUND 2, ROUND 3, ROUND 4?

I wouldn't go as far as to say Jones has Watt's potential. Watt's size plus ability is what makes him the freak. Jones' numbers for being 6'4 280 are solid, not the type that jump at you.

To me, he's going to come in and fill in Jenkins' role. That's all I could ask for

Last edited by PACKmanN : 04-26-2013 at 03:25 AM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:25 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post

Safe? Isn't that a good thing? If you mean he's a high floor, low ceiling kind of guy, that isn't true at all. He has all the athletic ability to be a dominant defensive lineman.

What pick would've been more exciting?

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-26-2013, 03:32 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Safe? Isn't that a good thing? If you mean he's a high floor, low ceiling kind of guy, that isn't true at all. He has all the athletic ability to be a dominant defensive lineman.

What pick would've been more exciting?
It's just so blah. He's going to be a rotation guy this year. I just don't see his body holding up as a starter for 16 games(and playoffs) with the way he plays in a 3-4. I kind of missed the feeling of wanting to run down Ted. I was just excepting a curve ball, not a fastball right down the middle.

I like it. I'm a huge fan of Jones'. Has anybody noticed his thighs, or is it just me?

I'm also thankful Pugh wasn't there for Ted. Also, I never understood this Waston hype.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:41 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Defense all the way IMO.

As long as we have Rodgers, we're always going to have an elite offense. If we can pair that with an elite defense like we had in 2010, we have a much better chance of winning a SB.

Right now, our biggest hole on defense is safety. We have the pass rush now, we need to cover some guys. Cyprien would be perfect.
As long as we have a healthy Rodgers... I can't say that our offensive line inspires much confidence with the constant pressure that Aaron has faced for the past few seasons. Rodgers' is so good though that he frequently makes something out of nothing, but it's cringe-worthy watching him face the pressure he does. It's no secret that an injury to him would be catastrophic for the team. I really hope we can find some way to better protect him, whether it's an upgrade to the o-line or a more effective running game.

I agree though, it's our defense that's killed us since our last Super Bowl and, in particular, a lack of a pass rush which leads to frequent breakdowns in coverage. I really like the pick of Datone Jones, and I'm hopeful that he can fill the void left by Cullen Jenkins. He seems to have the right combination of attitude, intensity, and physical ability to be a successful pass-rusher on the D-Line. If he pans out, and Perry does as well, we could be scary good on defense. I also agree that Cyprien would be the perfect 2nd round pick, but I'm afraid that will require TT to trade up, something we all know he's none too fond of. If we can come away with a solid safety, o-lineman, or running back tomorrow I'll be quite happy. Ecstatic even if we address more than one of those needs.

This draft is still loaded, and I think I'm more excited for the next two rounds than I was for the first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:11 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A somewhat humorous account of when Datone Jones was introduced to martial arts, which he credits for his explosive hand speed.

http://azstarnet.com/mobi/sports/art...aa31d7d15.html

Dude seems to have a good sense of humor, in an interview I saw he mentioned that he aspires to be a stand-up comedian, and I'm pretty sure he was being serious. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:42 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

PAC-10 HEAVY Packers.

Cal, Rodgers, Dez Bishop (shoulda added Marshawn too a few years ago)
USC, Matthews, Perry
UCLA, Datone

Our West Coast scout has some good influence on Teddy, plus throw in James Jones from out there at San Jose State.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post

I wouldn't go as far as to say Jones has Watt's potential. Watt's size plus ability is what makes him the freak. Jones' numbers for being 6'4 280 are solid, not the type that jump at you.

To me, he's going to come in and fill in Jenkins' role. That's all I could ask for
This is pretty much exactly how I feel. The pick came in and I went... Ehhh typical TT pick. Not a flashy pick but no complaints either. At least it doesn't seem like one of those years where TT goes way off the reservation in hopes of hitting players people just don't seem to love.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I read about Jones the more I like the pick. I love his explosion and quickness. I also think he could probably put on about 10 more lbs comfortably.

Who is everyone looking at for the 2nd round??
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
The more I read about Jones the more I like the pick. I love his explosion and quickness. I also think he could probably put on about 10 more lbs comfortably.

Who is everyone looking at for the 2nd round??
The second round I expect either a receiver or running back. If Terron Armstead fell to our pick then he'd be an enticing option.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

My big board would consist of these guys:

WR Stedman Bailey
WR Quinton Patton
C Brian Schwenke
DT Brandon Williams
DT Montori Hughes
OLB Corey Lemonier

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 04-26-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel confident we'll be selecting a receiver today.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

That would be classic TT. Late second is where it looks like the value at receiver will be, so it makes sense. I can't see all of the guys I listed going before we pick.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-26-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
That would be classic TT. Late second is where it looks like the value at receiver will be, so it makes sense. I can't see all of the guys I listed going before we pick.
I have a feeling Woods or Patton will be there and they feel like Green Bay receivers.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I have a feeling Woods or Patton will be there and they feel like Green Bay receivers.
I would love Woods... Something about him just makes me like the guy.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I would love Woods... Something about him just makes me like the guy.
He's been underrated through the whole process. He battled injuries this year and that didn't allow him to build off of 2011. He showed during the combine that he's back physically, has the hands, and the film shows the ability along with the effort to be an asset in run blocking.