Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-26-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
MLB dark horse pick? I tend to think not, but I also wouldn't be entirely surprised. I like Colin but you can't entirely ignore his injuries and his "I'm-gonna-guess-and-shoot-this-gap-leaving-the-middle-of-the-field-exposed" tendencies. Gun to my head, I still lean defensive back.
I'd be perfectly fine if Arthur Brown was the selection. I love him. I wouldn't love taking a LBer with that selection because I feel we have bigger needs, but if Arthur turns into the player I think he's capable of, then you have a great player and in 5 years you'd forget that we had other needs
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something we should consider (aside from the obvious cutting of Eugene Amano) is trading for Jabaal Sheard. Sheard can play OLB in the Browns system, but his best fit is, and always will be DE.

@ 6'2" 255 he plays bigger than his size would indicate, he's had 15.5 sacks over the past two seasons, and is only 23 years old.

With the drafting of Mingo he may be on the trade block, I'd be willing to give up our 3rd and a conditional one next year for him if we miss out on someone at 40
Old 04-26-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
MLB dark horse pick? I tend to think not, but I also wouldn't be entirely surprised. I like Colin but you can't entirely ignore his injuries and his "I'm-gonna-guess-and-shoot-this-gap-leaving-the-middle-of-the-field-exposed" tendencies. Gun to my head, I still lean defensive back.
MLB is entirely possible. I know we worked out Minter and spoke to Teo at the combine, both who are projected to go in the 2nd range. I love Colin, but I agree its hard to trust him particularly with his injury concerns.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Something we should consider (aside from the obvious cutting of Eugene Amano) is trading for Jabaal Sheard. Sheard can play OLB in the Browns system, but his best fit is, and always will be DE.

@ 6'2" 255 he plays bigger than his size would indicate, he's had 15.5 sacks over the past two seasons, and is only 23 years old.

With the drafting of Mingo he may be on the trade block, I'd be willing to give up our 3rd and a conditional one next year for him if we miss out on someone at 40
That thought popped in my head after the Browns picked Mingo. Also thought I read Sheard lost weight to get to 255. I thought he played his college ball around 270 iirc. I saw him a few times in college and really liked him, so the thought of him here sounds great.

What would the Browns want in return is the question?
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like the idea of taking a MLB too high. McCarthy is a very good player, and I'd give him more time to prove himself. Unless they plan on seriously running some 3-4 fronts, it could end up being somewhat of a wasted pick.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
That thought popped in my head after the Browns picked Mingo. Also thought I read Sheard lost weight to get to 255. I thought he played his college ball around 270 iirc. I saw him a few times in college and really liked him, so the thought of him here sounds great.

What would the Browns want in return is the question?
You're right, he measured in at 264 at the combine. That's typical size for a DE thats 6'2 - 6'3

I'm not sure on what they would want compensation-wise. He was the 37th overall selection just two years ago, but he is expandable now. He's signed for 2 more years. Theres been reports if he's traded they'll want a 2nd rounder, but I have a feeling a high 3rd and a conditional next year might get it. I wouldn't want to give up any more than that really
Old 04-26-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
I don't like the idea of taking a MLB too high. McCarthy is a very good player, and I'd give him more time to prove himself. Unless they plan on seriously running some 3-4 fronts, it could end up being somewhat of a wasted pick.
I don't want a MLB early, BUT with that said Arthur Brown may be too good to pass up. If I were the Titans I wouldn't do it, but I can't say I wouldn't be tempted.

I will be upset if it's any Linebacker other than Arthur Brown though.

McCarthy can always make a move to SLB. Which I know a lot of people wouldn't support, but could cause Ayers to move to DE on a full-time basis.

Of course, the easiest thing would be just to take TANK!
Old 04-26-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCarthy is great when healthy, but I'm afraid he is going to be the Bob Sanders of linebackers. In a way It's almost better to have a **** player than an unreliable one, atleast then you know you have a need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doughie your sig quote makes me laugh everytime and I don't know why
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For our 2nd RD pick...

Want: Tank Carradine, DE, FSU or Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

Expect: Johnathan Cyprien, S, Florida Intl.

Apathetic: Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU or Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame

Dislike: John Jenkins, DT, Georgia or Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio St.

I'm finding myself liking soo many available players, but am not getting my hopes up because the FO didn't work them out. DE is stacked with Tank, Margus Hunt, Damontre Moore, Sam Montgomery, Alex Okafor, and Corey Lemonier. CB has Jamar Taylor, Robert Alford, and tweener guys like Jonthan Banks and David Amerson. WR has Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, Keenan Allen, and all the rest really. ILB has Authur Brown, Manti Te'o, and Kevin Minter. But I think S is where they go if Johnathan Cyprien is there. He was a guy I figured could go in the 1st, but the bigger school guys got preference. I would prefer one of the DE's, but since they worked out Cyprien and seem to really want a young S to add behind Griffin, Pollard, and Wilson, he's who I expect. If he goes before us...eh, who the **** knows. The board value is at WR. The FO want is at press CB and S. The team need is at DE.

On the day, I expect S, CB, and DE, with C being the darkhorse. They need a 3rd DE to come off the bench and give Morgan and Wimbley a breather, and since they completely blew that off in FA aside from Ropati, I think they have plans to address it.

I may be alone in this, but if Barrett Jones fell to our 3rd, I'd love him. He reminds me of Ryan Lilja. A guy who will never be a Pro Bowler, but will play for a decade at not only a starting level, but will play every position on the line, including LT in a pinch.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything at DE but Margus Hunt. Old and underachieving is a bad combo.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind taking Jones (provided hes ok medically) or Schwenke at all in the 3rd. **** it, might as well go all out and make that unit a complete, dominant strength now.

Put me on board for wanting Carradine or Hunter also. Cyprien I'm good with, thinking maybe the Bengals nab him though. I like a couple of the corners as well, but it seems fairly deep and we may can wait another round or so.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

This should be an exciting day for us Tits. Ruston Webster has owned the 2nd and 3rd rounds the past couple of years.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I don't want a MLB early, BUT with that said Arthur Brown may be too good to pass up. If I were the Titans I wouldn't do it, but I can't say I wouldn't be tempted.

I will be upset if it's any Linebacker other than Arthur Brown though.

McCarthy can always make a move to SLB. Which I know a lot of people wouldn't support, but could cause Ayers to move to DE on a full-time basis.

Of course, the easiest thing would be just to take TANK!
Yes Tank!!! LOL

I like Ayers in his current role and wouldn't change it. His versatility is vakuable. I just think our LB's are set as long as McCarthy stays healthy. I'd give it more time.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keenan Allen is my personal fave if we decide to go WR, but I'm not so sure that will happen.

I think CB and S might be the most likely. ILB, WR, DE are also possibilities.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I'm thinking Munch and co. are going to try and get someone who will impact games now. Methinks DE or WR. I think safety is somewhat of a wait until next year pick, unless they can play a little CB.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I personally agree that S can wait until next year, but we've shown a bunch of interest in them in pre-draft stuff. I also think someone like Cyprien does present excellent value is he's there at 40. I know we also brought in Rambo and JJ Wilcox, who seem more like round 3 or 4 guys.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Titans already making moves with the trade up!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tankkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I like Hunter, but damn giving up a 3rd next year just to move up 6 spots hurts. Let's hope he's a stud!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

yeah, Hunter was a good pick but man that seems like a lot to give up
Old 04-26-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I'm guessing they had a first round grade on him if they gave up a third. My personal favorite of the Tennessee 3.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let us dance.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans end up recouping that late round pick from trading Nate Washington now.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love it if we could snag Carradine or Lemonier, and then Mathieu with our third rounders. Then trade Nate Washington for a late round pick. Profit.