Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-26-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Riling me up? Dude, you are the one sweating bullets. You have 13.5mil tied up in LT and a bum playing QB.
Fixed it for you, and Albert getting traded to the Dolphins is highly likely to happen.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
Blackbolt tore this thread apart. Not just the thread itself, but his responses kicked the **** out of everyone who tried to argue with him. Fairly impressive.
Thanks my man, I was taking lot of abuse, but I ate it all and asked for seconds. People just need to listen to the mediots but after that, THINK FOR YOURSELF.

Jeremiah's on right now trying to save face.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to reiterate what I said at the beginning of this thread. I never saw a top 5 pick in Floyd yet he was a consensus top 5 player on most boards published through the media.

I think he went in the area he should have, and as I said earlier, he should have gone after both Richardson and Lotulelei. My DT rankings were actually spot on, although I still think Richardson should have gone a lot higher

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Ok, so then why are you making this thread and questioning why Oakland would take Floyd high? Afterall, "who are you to say exactly why they were drafted?" right?

I didn't say it was optional. I'm saying that a DT who gets paid a lot of money, or is drafted high has to be more than just a run stopper. They have to be exceptional pass rushers. Being a great run stuffer and a decent pass rusher is not valuable enough to go very high in the draft or fork over a huge contract to.

And that is my opinion. I'm not saying that's how it is, but that's how it should be. Dareus is a good player but was he a better pick than Aldon Smith would have been? No way. Why? Bc Smith rushes the passer and Dareus doesn't. It was a poor selection that high because he doesn't provide enough impact as a pass rusher.

And why do you think Floyd doesn't? Floyd isn't weak vs the run. You don't have to be a Haoliti Ngata like run stopper, but you do need to be a Geno Atkins type of pass rusher to warrant a large investment at DT.

And that's why Floyd is rated higher than Star. Bc it's more valuable to have a Geno Atkins than a Haloti Ngata. It's really that simple.
You know what is even more simple? I was right and you were wrong in every conceivable manner, so peace out.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Old 04-26-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
oh snap, he was right
Did you read my sig? Shouldn't be a surprise. I am rarely wrong and that's just me being honest.

- Genius
Old 04-26-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I'm going to reiterate what I said at the beginning of this thread. I never saw a top 5 pick in Floyd yet he was a consensus top 5 player on most boards published through the media.

I think he went in the area he should have, and as I said earlier, he should have gone after both Richardson and Lotulelei. My DT rankings were actually spot on, although I still think Richardson should have gone a lot higher
Floyd went in the area he should've and if I were Minnesota I would've taken Williams before him.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:

More proof these draft mediots follow the "monkey see, monkey mock" philosophy. I know Shane doesn't want to believe it, but it's true. That's what I like about Scott, he is his own man with his own thoughts.

- Genius
Old 04-26-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Floyd went in the area he should've and if I were Minnesota I would've taken Williams before him.
I had Floyd and Williams pretty close, I think Floyd can be a more explosive player and probably has a higher upside. I actually like both fits with Floyd in Minnesota and Williams in Denver

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
No. I think it's a great pick. I like him more than Milliner.
Okay. We gotta draft some trenchmen in this draft.

- Genius
Old 04-26-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

LOL at NFLN right now! All of a sudden, he fell because he has short arms, low production, a weak upper body, he doesn't get off blocks, etc. All stuff that was KNOWN. Great job, Jeremiah! "See, what had happened was...."

- Genius

Last edited by Black Bolt : 04-26-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
LOL at NFLN right now! All of a sudden, he fell because he has short arms, low production, a weak upper body, he doesn't get off blocks, etc. All stuff that was KNOWN. Great job, Jeremiah!
Jeremiah is a joke...clearly can see why he's a former scout

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I had Floyd and Williams pretty close, I think Floyd can be a more explosive player and probably has a higher upside. I actually like both fits with Floyd in Minnesota and Williams in Denver
But Williams is stouter against the run.

- Genius
Old 04-26-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Jeremiah is a joke...clearly can see why he's a former scout
These no name mofos are popping up like weeds. After his first season as a draft analyst, Jeremiah's grade is idiot.

- Genius
Old 04-26-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good call. I was never as impassioned about it as you (I wasn't defending my team against people mocking him to us) but I remember a thread about Floyd a few months ago when all his hype was ramping up. I just didn't see it, I tried to, but just saw a pretty good 4-3 UT that disappointed at the Combine. He'll probably fit well on his new team and went about where I would've expected.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it when people jump all over prognosticators for being dead wrong on a prospect even if they get another 28 pretty well dead on.
The Mayock's Brandt's Jerimiah's and others who predict rankings are never perfect but neither are scouts or GM's, but if I had to measure their track record against anybody on this site, I'm pretty sure we would all end up as being pretty mundane with our results.
First, let's wait to see what type of a career Floyd actually has before patting ourselves on the back, after that we can discuss if we/Jerimiah were right or wrong.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I love it when people jump all over prognosticators for being dead wrong on a prospect even if they get another 28 pretty well dead on.
The Mayock's Brandt's Jerimiah's and others who predict rankings are never perfect but neither are scouts or GM's, but if I had to measure their track record against anybody on this site, I'm pretty sure we would all end up as being pretty mundane with our results.
First, let's wait to see what type of a career Floyd actually has before patting ourselves on the back, after that we can discuss if we/Jerimiah were right or wrong.
The issue isn't so much that he got it wrong, but that he said it with such certainty and he said it in a way that made it sound like ALL 32 teams had evaluators tell him Floyd was a top 5 pick. For him to say that and then go 23rd is a huge pie in the face. I am really shocked that him and Mayock were right about Pugh going where he did though, did not see that coming.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
The issue isn't so much that he got it wrong, but that he said it with such certainty and he said it in a way that made it sound like ALL 32 teams had evaluators tell him Floyd was a top 5 pick. For him to say that and then go 23rd is a huge pie in the face. I am really shocked that him and Mayock were right about Pugh going where he did though, did not see that coming.
Thank you. I have said this several times as clearly as a possibly could. That and the fact that Jeremiah clearly lead the charge for Floyd, so much so that he influenced other mockers. I just never bought it. I guess he was right, we did draft a DT- Stacy McGee with our comp pick at the end of the 6th round!

- Genius

Last edited by Black Bolt : 05-13-2013 at 01:10 PM.