Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 04-25-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From that list I would be very excited with Jessie Williams, Arthur Brown, and Corey Lemonier. A lot of those guys would be excellent additions. I wouldn't mind trading up again.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
We needed a CB and jumped everyone else to have our pick. Therefore, I am happy with it.

That said, yes there would have been some players left at 30. But I think CB at that point in the draft has the best chance to step in immediately.
Like everyone, I agree there would have been players left there at 30, the beaut of hindsight, but say we stayed there taking that risk, we would have never known if Trufant was higher on those other teams boards, there is just no way to know so again I'm glad TD made a bold move to make sure we got the player we wanted who will come in day 1 and start.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From that list I would be very excited with Jessie Williams, Arthur Brown, and Corey Lemonier. A lot of those guys would be excellent additions. I wouldn't mind trading up again.
For the right player me either. We cant trade pick 133 and I think that pick can also contribute. I think we would have to use future picks to trade up but for the right guy I'm all for it (if Tank, Arthur Brown, Jessie Williams) falls to the 50s.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, I'm definitely glad we traded up. You have an opportunity to take any one of a number of players at your position of need.

But if we stayed at 30 and were left with lower options at CB we could still have had a premium player like Ogletree.

I'm also interested to see how Floyd turns out... could have been a difference maker as well.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:56 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh, I'm definitely glad we traded up. You have an opportunity to take any one of a number of players at your position of need.

But if we stayed at 30 and were left with lower options at CB we could still have had a premium player like Ogletree.

I'm also interested to see how Floyd turns out... could have been a difference maker as well.
You know we were not taking Ogletree. And I'm pretty sure you're a fan of taking LBs in later rounds due to their roles and its easy to find a solid LB later than a QB.

And as far as players go who would have been available, it could have been Tank, Jamar Taylor and thats really it IMO.

Would have it been better to land Tank and get a CB in round 2? We will have to wait and see who even would be there so too early to tell. Maybe we had concerns about Tank and his injury? Nobody really knows.

I just know that if we would have stayed put, Trufant would have been gone, either to the Pats, Broncos, Texans or Vikings leaving just Rhodes left...probably to be scooped up before us as well, I really think the Pats only had 1st round grades on 3-4 corners and they were all gone so they traded down to land maybe Jamar Taylor or Slay etc.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
flrybranch
Rookie

flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.

I think the Falcons got the best player possible for Nolan's defense. Milner would have been great, but not realistic.

I think Trufant will be a better player "on this team" than any of the DL or LB that were left.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

I loved Milliner but one all his medical history came out he scared me.

With Trufant having started 47 games, a captain, brothers both who have had solid careers in the NFL(Marcus anyway), he is just a perfect fit for us. So excited, really hoping someone great falls in round 2, we need to nail that pick too.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Maybe I'm a Falcons homer, maybe that's what this means, but I would put exorbitant amounts of money on him being the best player from this draft class. Easily best CB, I mean damn.

Although I think Hayden will be a stud for the Raiders. They would have taken him at three according to their GM. Dolphins moved up for only a 2nd rounder.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im with you Bama. I think Trufant will have the best pro career out of all the CB's. He just has it all to be successful in the league. The guy is a baller.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't tell ATLDirtyBirds but I liked the pick.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can you not like the pick? The guy is in a perfect position to succeed. He has Nolan as his DC. His mentor will be Asante Samuel. In practice he'll be going up against two of the best WR's in the league and a smart/accurate QB like Matt Ryan.

If we can just improve the pass rush, he should do wonders for us.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Next season we're trading up again. For Clowney.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

We're in the 50s and there is a ton of talent left.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Bama you wanna hop on IRC?
Old 04-26-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Or anyone for that matter?

Im gonna set one up for those who do.

Gamesurge.net

Go to chat on the top right,

Create a username and in the chat box enter /join #falconsdraft
Old 04-26-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Brown and Hunt now gone.

Okafor still there, Jessie Williams, CornWash, Terron Armstead
Old 04-26-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I feel somewhat disappointed. However, probably a good value.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I feel somewhat disappointed. However, probably a good value.
Ya Me as well. I dont hate the pick b/c I like him as a player, and I know Nolan loves having 3 CBs on the field, so we will see, he too is a solid return man.

Just strange we passed on Okafor and Jessie Williams, among some others.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

of course the Packers get Lacy
Old 04-26-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I thought McClain would be a fine nickel but meh. I would have been fine with him at 30 most likely so it's not a bad pick but I don't know about back to back corners. If only because we just lost two veteran corners so it doesn't feel like much of an upgrade (at this point).

Old 04-26-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I thought McClain would be a fine nickel but meh. I would have been fine with him at 30 most likely so it's not a bad pick but I don't know about back to back corners. If only because we just lost two veteran corners so it doesn't feel like much of an upgrade (at this point).
I agree, other than the cost obviously. Asante only has a year left I think, maybe 2 so if they both pan out then great. I also thought McClain makes a great nickel so who knows. Asante was hurt a bit last season so maybe it is for depth and help in the return game.

Look at Alford in the Senior Bowl. He did really well. Like I said i like him as a player just worried about the need.

Not sure if we plan to move up to grab a DE but seems pretty pointless at this point, esp if we didnt like any between 50-60 we feel none would make a huge impact. Does this make it a possibility to bring Abe back? Who knows, but I do hope he answers some questions about the pass rush and hopefully he doesnt just say Osi b/c thats not gonna get the job done.

Dont pick again til 127 so I dont plan on getting an impact defender to rush the passer there but we will see.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

IMO if we liked any of the pass rushers to make a quick impact, and most are still there, then we would have taken one.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
flrybranch
Rookie

flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.

Didn't have Alford on my radar....

Looks like a good pick, PR ability and good cover ability. Guessing he plays dime behind McClain or maybe pushes McClain to dime.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

He better damn push McClain to dime.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

McClain is young and cheap. If we liked him really at all we wouldn't have used both top picks on CB.