Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Did you hear the interview Geno had with Steve Mariucci on the NFL Network? It wasn't pretty. Most of the answers sounded like they were coached and when he had to think on his feet...

Mariucci drew up a play on the board, went over it, then erased it. A few minutes later he asked Geno to describe the play and the progressions. Geno was lost. He couldn't remember the progression and he forgot about one of the receivers (some guy Mariucci referred to as Jerry Rice). Now maybe he just got rattled and maybe he just had a bad day, but...
I saw the interview. IDK if I would say he was lost. He definitely didn't regurgitate it back all the way and got stuck. Barkley didn't nail it either when he was asked to do something similar by Mooch. And he's supposed to be a pretty heady QB prospect. It would have been nice to see one or both of them read back that play. I actually almost did. But I don't have a handful of people and several cameras on me. But, I'm just not sure how much stock I'd put in them getting or not getting that 100% correct.

I guess the point of my post is the Eagles are obviously interested or else they wouldn't be sending their entire front office down there to watch his pro-day. If they are truly interested, even if the Chiefs aren't, they need to at least try to make the Eagles believe they are to maybe open up a possibility of a trade down. Or, maybe do what Marty did with Eli Manning. If the Eagles are super high on Geno, then maybe the Chiefs should draft him and maybe force the Eagles to have to scramble and make a decision. IDK. Just a thought. But all that is contingent on how high the Eagles are on Geno.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you know, concidering that my fav team has the #1 pick and the draft is only a couple days away, i could really give a **** less about the 1st 2 rounds this year. we won't draft anyone i wanted @ #1, and the 49ers stealing our 2nd round pick will only remind me that Alex Smith is our QB. it sucks to be a fan of a franchise like this. we haven't won diddly pooh in my lifetime (my mom was 9 years old when we won our SB). we haven't won a playoff game since 1993. since that win in Houston, EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN OUR DIVISION HAS BEEN TO THE SB at least once!

this team is moving in the same direction it always has when we get a new GM or HC. "let's get an established QB cause this team is ready to win now." why can't any of these assholes learn something from the previous regime. IT ISN'T WORKING! it hasn't ever worked for us. instead of finding Kurt Warner or drafting Tom Brady (i use those examples because previous GMs/HCs did find/draft those guys and tried again in KC to duplicate their previous miracle) we get stuck with Matt Cassel, Elvis Grbac and others like them. i'm just so tired of regurgitating another teams BU QB and expecting them to take us anywhere.

whatever. i'm done. this wasn't even a good rant, i just needed to vent. i'm seriously on the edge of my fandom with the Chiefs. i haven't jumped yet, but it won't take much to push me over.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:36 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've taken off from work to watch the draft since they switched the format awhile back.

They pretty much expected me to not be there Thursday or Friday and were shocked when I told them I wasn't doing it this year. I'm done taking days off just to get pissed at the Chiefs bad drafting.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:29 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL.com reporting that the Chiefs called Sharrif Floyd. I know drafting DL again would anger some people, but at least it makes sense from a need/BPA standpoint. Now if they draft Floyd and trade Albert I'll be scratching my head.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:06 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
NFL.com reporting that the Chiefs called Sharrif Floyd. I know drafting DL again would anger some people, but at least it makes sense from a need/BPA standpoint. Now if they draft Floyd and trade Albert I'll be scratching my head.
This hurts me...but not in the way you might expect.

Now if the rumor had been about Star Lotulelei then maybe it would have some credibility. But Shaffif Floyd!!! A short armed, 3-tech lineman when they are talking with Miami about trading Albert (and that's confirmed because Dorsey has admitted that they have allowed the Dolphins to speak with him and give him a physical). Nothing says amateurish desperation to trade the pick, quite like floating a stupid rumor like this.

I keep hoping the Chiefs will do the right thing and this is what we get.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
It doesn't make sense. Floyd is not a schematic fit. It's another Glenn Dorsey situation. We know how that turned out. Drafting Floyd would be the dumbest thing this team could possibly do. I'd rather draft Nassib than Floyd at this point, and I hate Nassib.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
This hurts me...but not in the way you might expect.

Now if the rumor had been about Star Lotulelei then maybe it would have some credibility. But Shaffif Floyd!!! A short armed, 3-tech lineman when they are talking with Miami about trading Albert (and that's confirmed because Dorsey has admitted that they have allowed the Dolphins to speak with him and give him a physical). Nothing says amateurish desperation to trade the pick, quite like floating a stupid rumor like this.

I keep hoping the Chiefs will do the right thing and this is what we get.
Agreed 100%. This pick cannot be justified. At all. Not even a little.

But I seriously doubt it's Floyd anyway, so whatevs.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They called him to verify his DOB i guess lol
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we're desperately trying to trade out of the pick. Dorsey kinda lost his "advantage" by essentially letting the dolphins give albert a physical. I've accepted that Fisher or Jockel will be our guy. But I'm holding out hope that we take Star and resign Albert.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, we all saw that coming.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great read on Fisher by Mellinger

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/25/04...ality-for.html
Old 04-26-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For day 2, please bring me any combination of Kiko Alonso, Markus Wheaton, William Gholston, and/or Devin Taylor.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I love the Travis Kelce pick. LOVE it.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I love the Travis Kelce pick. LOVE it.
I agree, and Reid seems to love the Kelce family. Any idea what his surgery was for?
Old 04-26-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOVE the Kelce pick
Old 04-26-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Really lukewarm on the Knile Davis pick. Mehhhh. Was RB that big of a need?

Old 04-27-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It seems like a panic move to me. They do need a RB behind Jaamal and they saw all the guys they liked go off the board in the 3rd so they reached for a kid with a long injury history.

OTOH...look at the combine numbers*. This kid can be really special when he is healthy and doesn't fumble. It could be the scouts simply fell in love with his upside.

* http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...vis?id=2540178
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would have preferred Chris Harper with the pick myself.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the Chiefs snagged Tyler Bray as a UDFA. I was hoping we'd get him late in the draft. Like I just said on another site, the kid is second to none in this draft as relates to physical tools and ability. He has starter potential but a head that can see him out of the league in a few years. Hopefully Andy Reid and his offensive coaches can get the most out of this kid because it's all there physically.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:27 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Bray, as previously said, has all the tools in the world to succeed. I was hoping the Chiefs would take him in the 4th, 5th, 6th, and then 7th rounds. Glad he went undrafted and they finally acquiesced to my demands.