Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 04-27-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Schwenke would be perfect at #109. He's the only center i'm confident in becoming a good starter in the NFL. He fell further than I thought, probably just because of positional value, but he's a 10 year starter on the offensive line. We should draft him and go to a run first offense! :D
That's who I have my eye on for tomorrow. Come on Pack, get it done!
Old 04-27-2013, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, Eddie Lacy has injury problems, huh? Weird that there's no documented history of that. He tweaked a hammy at a bad time but wouldn't have missed games in the pros from that injury, most likely.

So basically we're making up that somehow Lacy has injury problems? That's cool. I like fudging medical histories as much as the next guy.

Seriously though, Lacy has no injury history of note and there's no reason at all to be concerned. He's significantly healther/less durability concerns than pretty much every other back in this class; low carries, no significant injuries that caused him to miss time, etc..

Maybe you guys should watch some more of his tape to get excited over this pick. Yes, the Alabama line was good. But know what else was good? Lacy's vision, his power and his ability to make people miss. He's a complete back. He's also faster than Bell or Ball and his speed is better than people think. Know who he's also faster then? Alfred Morris (amongst many other starting NFL running backs.)

Lacy is an amazing add for this team. He's what we've been missing on offense and was probably my favorite possible pick in the first, let alone the 2nd.

Datone Jones and Eddie Lacy add physicality and unique athleticism the Packers were missing last year. I'm in love with our first two picks!

Excited to see what we do in the 4th with guys like Jesse Williams, Barrett Jones, Quinton Patton, etc.. all still available.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:59 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How happy would people be if Lacy just..... matched...... Ryan Grant's production from 07-09?
I always said that guy was unfairly criticized. He wasn't Peterson or Tomlinson, but he produced.

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
How happy would people be if Lacy just..... matched...... Ryan Grant's production from 07-09?
I always said that guy was unfairly criticized. He wasn't Peterson or Tomlinson, but he produced.

Happier than the Pillsbury doughboy on his way to a baking convention
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Wow, Eddie Lacy has injury problems, huh? Weird that there's no documented history of that. He tweaked a hammy at a bad time but wouldn't have missed games in the pros from that injury, most likely.

So basically we're making up that somehow Lacy has injury problems? That's cool. I like fudging medical histories as much as the next guy.

Seriously though, Lacy has no injury history of note and there's no reason at all to be concerned. He's significantly healther/less durability concerns than pretty much every other back in this class; low carries, no significant injuries that caused him to miss time, etc.
He has an injury history....

Quote:
But Lacy's injury history probably was the root cause why the entire league turned him down not once but twice in the draft.

Injuries limited Lacy to seven games as a high-school senior in 2008. After redshirting in 2009, he made it through the 2010 season intact before being affected by a turf toe injury down the stretch in 2011 and undergoing surgery in January 2012.

Last season, Lacy had an elbow injury and then a left hand injury that one personnel man said required the insertion of seven screws late in the year.

At the combine in February, Lacy couldn't work out because of pectoral and knee injuries. He also came up with a pulled hamstring that eliminated him from Alabama pro day March 13.

Finally, on April 11, Lacy ran a 40-yard dash (4.6 seconds) and performed drills, but became fatigued quickly and left some scouts looking for much more.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
why in the world would the Packers make 2 trades with the 49ers to allow them to select their guys?!!!!?

I would rather trade within the division, because those threes teams do not scare me now, or in the future. To trade with the 49ers, a team we have struggled with! ugh! It's like trading back with the Giants.
lol. we're trading back because TT thinks it's the best thing to do for the packers - not the 49ers. i'd guess we're more concerned about what we do in this draft than what other teams are doing.

hurting your own team to try an hinder another team is just stupid. if they didn't trade with us they just would've traded with someone else.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-27-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

With how many draft picks we have i'd love it if we could draft Lawrence Okoye. Never played the game before but he's a freak athlete that has the potential to be a really good player. He'd be a good fit a DE in our defense. Having so many picks allows us to take more of those type of risks.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-27-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With how many draft picks we have i'd love it if we could draft Lawrence Okoye. Never played the game before but he's a freak athlete that has the potential to be a really good player. He'd be a good fit a DE in our defense. Having so many picks allows us to take more of those type of risks.
Good point Super.
But here's a question I have: We usually only have 2 DL on the field (right or wrong, which I think is wrong).... and we already have Raji, Pickett, Neal... plus picked Worthy & Daniels last year, have CJ Wilson already. And used our 1st pick on another in Datone Jones.

I just don't know if there's room for anyone else.... and that's despite the fact that I think Wilson is just a guy, and I think Worthy should redshirt this whole year off the ACL.
And he sucked anyway last year, was a huge disappointment. Looked slow. And lazy. I misfire pick, which I also would have made so I am not criticizing TT as I was 100% on board with the pick.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor on NFL Network is that the Packers are actively seeking trade partners for Desmond Bishop. First DJ, now Dez.

Not sure why we're cleaning house @ MLB or what TT has in mind.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

My DAY-3 Wish List, Rounds 4-7

Round 4, pick 12, 109 overall : QUINTON PATTON, WR, Louisiana Tech (May have to trade one of our 6th Rd picks to move up earlier than this 12th pick, to get Patton. Would be worth it. He's rated higher than 8 WR's taken already this draft.

Round 4, pick 25, 122 overall: BARRETT JONES, C-G, Alabama
Round 5, pick 13, 146 overall: STEVE BEAUHARNAIS, ILB, Rutgers
Round 5, pick 26, 159 overall: Trade to Arizona for their 2014 4th Rd pick
Round 5, pick 34, 167 overall: DION SIMS, TE, Michigan St.
Round 6, pick 05, 173 overall: LANDRY JONES, QB, Oklahoma
Round 6, pick 25, 193 overall: LUKE MARQUARDT, OT, Asuza-Pacific
Round 7, pick 10, 216 overall: XAVIER NIXON, OT, Florida
Round 7, pick 18, 226 overall: ZEKE MOTTA, S, Notre Dame
Round 7, pick 26, 232 overall: ALONZO HIGHSMITH Jr., OLB, Arkansas
Old 04-27-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Rumor on NFL Network is that the Packers are actively seeking trade partners for Desmond Bishop. First DJ, now Dez.

Not sure why we're cleaning house @ MLB or what TT has in mind.
Oh ****, please no. That would mean AJ Hawk starting....

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-27-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My DAY-3 Wish List, Rounds 4-7

Round 4, pick 12, 109 overall : QUINTON PATTON, WR, Louisiana Tech (May have to trade one of our 6th Rd picks to move up earlier than this 12th pick, to get Patton. Would be worth it. He's rated higher than 8 WR's taken already this draft.

Round 4, pick 25, 122 overall: BARRETT JONES, C-G, Alabama
Round 5, pick 13, 146 overall: STEVE BEAUHARNAIS, ILB, Rutgers
Round 5, pick 26, 159 overall: Trade to Arizona for their 2014 4th Rd pick
Round 5, pick 34, 167 overall: DION SIMS, TE, Michigan St.
Round 6, pick 05, 173 overall: LANDRY JONES, QB, Oklahoma
Round 6, pick 25, 193 overall: LUKE MARQUARDT, OT, Asuza-Pacific
Round 7, pick 10, 216 overall: XAVIER NIXON, OT, Florida
Round 7, pick 18, 226 overall: ZEKE MOTTA, S, Notre Dame
Round 7, pick 26, 232 overall: ALONZO HIGHSMITH Jr., OLB, Arkansas
I would be really happy with this. I am thinking they will take a WR with their 1st pick......SO PUMPED WE GOT LACY!!!!!
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh ****, please no. That would mean AJ Hawk starting....
THAT SUCKS!!!

Not only because Bishop WAS our only physical ILB..... but also because it's LEAKED and not yet done, apparently.

It never ever should leak.

I hate our ILB core. I think they are bottom-10 in the league for sure.

...UNLESS it's for Brandon Albert with the Chiefs?
Old 04-27-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope he works out because if he does it completely flips how defenses play against us. He was tough to bring down with a full head of steam in college. I'm not sure he'll have that luxury behind our OL. He's a power back in a ZBS now and the holes will be harder to find.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That struck me as well. Bishop & a 4th for Albert. Wishful thinking, probably.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure.... TT don't think like any of us do.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
THAT SUCKS!!!

Not only because Bishop WAS our only physical ILB..... but also because it's LEAKED and not yet done, apparently.

It never ever should leak.

I hate our ILB core. I think they are bottom-10 in the league for sure.

If they aren't already they most definitely would be if this happens. That would leave Hawk and Jones as the presumptive starters and Manning as the primary backup. Do they like Manning that much?
Old 04-27-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find the Bishop rumors confusing. Doesn't make ANY sense for this team

they want to get more physical yet they are shopping their most physical LBer? Coming off an injury no less? Doesn't add up at all
Old 04-27-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Albert would be an upgrade obviously, but isn't he looking to get a big payday? Can't see TT doing that.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Albert would be an upgrade obviously, but isn't he looking to get a big payday? Can't see TT doing that.
Well, we could clear out Sherrod if he's unfit physically.
Go with Bulaga & Albert, Newhouse a backup this year as he should be.

Also, Bishop makes decent change.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Chiefs give up Albert for an injured LB and a 4th round pick, I don't think I understand this world any more.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
If the Chiefs give up Albert for an injured LB and a 4th round pick, I don't think I understand this world any more.
The world is a very confusing, troubled place.
Can we benefit once from it?

Kansas City was the place where the Dynasty ended for us.... they owe us.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

I'm really intrigued to see who the next pick is. Every time that **TRADE** banner comes up I think it is us using some of those picks TT collected yesterday to move up.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Schwenke gone. did TT just get scooped?
Old 04-27-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

David who???