Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-26-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol well I know a lot of us liked Gooden, but dammit we better take Okafor or maybe Cornelius Washington soon tomorrow!

I'm sure Gooden can contribute right away on ST's. He's probably the backup to Brown (still would probably rather have seen a backup to Ayers taken if we can find someone similar). But I wonder if they would put Gooden in for some nickle snaps. He and Brown could offer super athleticism to defend the pass, as McCarthy is not the best athlete and Ayers could be rushing.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trying to see what our thought process is with this pick, just thinking out loud. Last year we were stuck with Tim Shaw playing quite a bit after McCarthy and Diles went down. Ayers is better when he's moving forward as opposed to backwards. This appears to be an upgrade to our depth and like p2w said, maybe a guy that can play in the nickel if McCarthy goes down or even if he gets nicked up and is limited.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm intrested to see how they use him. This probably helps our DE depth if he becomes someone they trust to take over at LBer while Akeem rushes on passing downs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All my gifs for the Titans relate to busting a nut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm seeing us taking LBers that can run 4.4s and cover like safeties. This could be a newer trend that could take off if it's successful.

Hopefully we can grab a DE early tomorrow, there's still lots of guys there.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if we just have to find a way to get Gooden on the field...press corner!

But as much as I don't see this as a traditional need, at least this gives Williams/Gray another toy to play with. We've traditionally keep two of our "starting" LB's in for the nickle, but I've seen other teams have kinda specialized nickle LB's. Maybe they want to go that way. I really like what I've seen of Gooden, just didn't think of him as a need they'd pick this high. But if they can have two guys who can be used like Brown was last year, it can help in coverage and maybe blitzing too...maybe that's one reason DE isn't looked at as that high of a need?

Just please don't take till the end of his 2nd season to get everything out of him (Ayers).
Old 04-26-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Webster's quote was that he's similar to Zach Brown and that you can't have enough good, fast linebackers.

I really hope we cut Ayers loose and let him rush a lot more this year. One thought is, if he does rush more often, he's gonna play fewer snaps due to being more winded than he would in a traditional LB role. That could be a spot where Gooden could step in as well.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apathetic on the Gooden pick.

He'll be a 4th LB/Nickel LB. A guy who will come in with Brown on passing downs, and allow Ayers to put his hand on the ground. He'll also backup all three LB spots, although his best fit is at WLB. He's also a good player with a unique skill set. A guy like that obviously has value. Especially for us, considering how we've had so many guys fill that role, such as Gerald McRath, Will Witherspoon, and Zac Diles.

This pick is fine if we sign a 3rd DE in FA. But not only did we not, but we just put more value on a 4th LB than we do a 3rd DE by taking Gooden over Okafor. The only redeeming thing is that this move can make Ayers our 3rd DE, which could be their plan all along. But we still need another body at DE, and delaying it is just foolish. I think that's why most of us are shrugging. Great 4-3 DEFs are built around the DL, not the LB corps.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Great 4-3 DEFs are built around the DL, not the LB corps.
Well it looks like we still have some options. Okafor, Washington (they seem to like athletic freaks), Goodman, Edwards, Gholston, the DraftCountdown phenom Catapano...surely at least we grab one body in the next few rounds.

Or maybe we just believe we will give it all up to draft Clowney next year. Yay!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Da'rick Rogers, if Fisher can draft Austin and Bailey we can draft Rogers. Also Washington, Okafor or Barrett Jones would be alright. Lattimore would be a nice back up.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I think about it the more I am liking the Gooden pick.

Obviously he will back up Brown as the WLB and should be a ST ace right off the bat. If McCarthy goes down we miss him a lot more in the nickel than we would as a MLB. 2 down MLBs are easy to find (and we have Fokou there). Nickel cover guys with athleticism are not. It also allows Ayers to focus on playing DE on passing downs.

It also seems like Gregg Williams is going to try to generate a lot of pressure with blitzing LBs and Gooden will be able to do that with his speed. I think he should see the field a decent amount next year.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Apathetic on the Gooden pick.

This pick is fine if we sign a 3rd DE in FA. But not only did we not, but we just put more value on a 4th LB than we do a 3rd DE by taking Gooden over Okafor. The only redeeming thing is that this move can make Ayers our 3rd DE, which could be their plan all along. But we still need another body at DE, and delaying it is just foolish. I think that's why most of us are shrugging. Great 4-3 DEFs are built around the DL, not the LB corps.
This is the only thing that really bugs me about the selection, hopefully Okafor is still there in 10 picks and we can grab him up. I'm glad we trust our board, but man, we really like LBers. We've consistently ignored the DE position in the past 3 drafts. Gooden can play an exciting role in our defense, and Gooden and Brown at LBer in the nickel with Ayers at DE is an exciting idea.

There is an interesting thing I read that I have to wonder. I read earlier this offseason that Jerry Gray and Gregg Williams both liked to run 3 safety sets at times in the nickel. I have to wonder if Gooden was selected to substitute a safety in nickel packages. The 3rd safety usually covers the TE or a back, currently that would likely be Bernard Pollard, and the truth is that Gooden is faster than Pollard.

Right now, I do question the move, but I'm anxious to see how we utilize Gooden and I think it will turn into a good selection.

We've obviously got a plan at the LBer spot and an ideal image of what we want in that position. I find it interesting that cbs sports actually compared him to Zach Brown prior the draft, http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p.../zaviar-gooden

Akeem Ayers was a liability in pass coverage at times last season, and I have to wonder if a permanent move to DE has already been determined. Perhaps Gooden is a replacement at LBer rather than a backup/role player.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
There is an interesting thing I read that I have to wonder. I read earlier this offseason that Jerry Gray and Gregg Williams both liked to run 3 safety sets at times in the nickel. I have to wonder if Gooden was selected to substitute a safety in nickel packages. The 3rd safety usually covers the TE or a back, currently that would likely be Bernard Pollard, and the truth is that Gooden is faster than Pollard.
This is the Ruby package that Williams loves to run and Gooden seems perfect for it. The 3rd saftey is basically a S/LB hybrid that either covers the TE/RB or blitzes. As a former safety, Gooden seems perfect for this role. I'm sure Pollard will get a good amount of time doing it this year, but I sort of expect Pollard to be gone at the end of the year.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Well it looks like we still have some options. Okafor, Washington (they seem to like athletic freaks), Goodman, Edwards, Gholston, the DraftCountdown phenom Catapano...surely at least we grab one body in the next few rounds.
There's still a lot of value on the board, I couldn't be mad at us taking value in the 4th, so here's a few guys of value other than at DE.

WR Da'Rick Rogers Tenn Tech
WR Quinton Patton LA Tech
C/G Brian Schwenke CAL
CB Jordan Poyer Oregon State
CB BW Webb William & Mary
CB Tharold Simon LSU
CB Sanders Commings Georgia
S Phillip Thomas Fresno State
S Shamarko Thomas Syracuse
S Baccari Rambo Georgia

Now for some DEs I'd take a look at
DE Alex Okafor Texas
DE Cornelius Washington Georgia
DE Malliciah Goodman Clemson
DE LaVar Edwards LSU
DE William Gholston Michigan State

Could be available next round
DE Devin Taylor SC
DE Joe Kruger Utah
DE Quanterrus Smith W. Kentucky
DE Brandon Jenkins FSU

With all that said, here is my big board of 10 players for our 4th round selection

1) DE Alex Okafor
2) S Shamarko Thomas
3) DE Cornelius Washington
4) S Phillip Thomas
5) WR Da'Rick Rogers
6) WR Quinton Patton
7) CB BW Webb
8) CB Tharold Simon
9) G/C Brian Schwenke
10) S Bacarri Rambo
Old 04-26-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
This is the Ruby package that Williams loves to run and Gooden seems perfect for it. The 3rd saftey is basically a S/LB hybrid that either covers the TE/RB or blitzes. As a former safety, Gooden seems perfect for this role. I'm sure Pollard will get a good amount of time doing it this year, but I sort of expect Pollard to be gone at the end of the year.
I think thats the norm really, I don't think anyone really expects him to be around for more than a year unless we don't have anyone else in place, he's only on a one year deal
Old 04-27-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright I wanted Okafor in the second...so dammit, make it happen.

See...I was single and ready to Mingo before the draft, but after realizing we didn't have a Chance, I realized that the hunted had to become the Hunter. Ya feel me, Blidi & Zaviar?

Damn I'm good.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Alright I wanted Okafor in the second...so dammit, make it happen.

See...I was single and ready to Mingo before the draft, but after realizing we didn't have a Chance, I realized that the hunted had to become the Hunter. Ya feel me, Blidi & Zaviar?

Damn I'm good.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TH, will you be watching the draft tomorrow? If so, can you be my Adam Schefter for the first couple of hours? I have to work, unfortunately.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dammit, I should have ended with "Blidi Hell, I guess we better make Gooden our finals pick."

Clearly I'm off my game tonight.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

QB - Jake Locker
HB - CJ2K
TE - Delanie Walker
WR - Kenny Britt
WR - Kendall Wright
WR - Justin Hunter
LT - Michael Roos
LG - Andy Levitre
C - Fernando Velasco
RG - Chance Warmack
RT - David Stewart

Man, this offense has sooo much potential. Throw in some nice role players like Damian Williams, Shonn Greene, Craig Stevens....
It pretty much all rests on Locker's shoulders this season. Let's hope he rises to the occasion.

<Sorry for the post spazzing>
Old 04-27-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll LaCanfora you and make up players that we drafted.

Then text you the right person, followed by an awkward apology.

It makes you wonder... Who would win a staring contest: Jason LaCanfora or Stuart Scott?

The correct answer is obviously the audience. The audience would be the winners.

And OMG RUFUS'S SIG! I LAUGHED SO HARD I AM BECOME DEATH!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
QB - Jake Locker
HB - CJ2K
TE - Delanie Walker
WR - Kenny Britt
WR - Kendall Wright
WR - Justin Hunter
LT - Michael Roos
LG - Andy Levitre
C - Fernando Velasco
RG - Chance Warmack
RT - David Stewart

Man, this offense has sooo much potential. Throw in some nice role players like Damian Williams, Shonn Greene, Craig Stevens....
It pretty much all rests on Locker's shoulders this season. Let's hope he rises to the occasion.

<Sorry for the post spazzing>
Power running game with ton of speed, I like it!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Jake better not **** the bed this year.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:33 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Baby that offense is potentially so sexy.

Pound the ball on the ground, then play action.

Hopefully we don't have the worst scoring defense in the NFL.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 04-27-2013 at 12:38 AM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think Jake will do great with Palmer gone. Palmer was so bad, then by the time he got fired our O-Line sucked balls and our defense couldnt stop anybody so we were playing from behind which caused us to throw and our line sucked so Locker was getting killed and he was holding the ball too long so he was getting killed twiceover and o yeah did I mention our oline and defense sucked?