Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-27-2013, 05:00 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was a late round draft pick. Still on the roster, but not someone we should expect big things from. If he even gets on the field this year, that will be an improvement over last year.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On top of who has already been suggested, I really like RB Jonathan Franklin in the 5th, though it's not a pressing need. David Quessenberry would be great for O-line depth. I'd take Lawrence Okoye too, he might not have played the game but upside is HUGE and initially as I saw mentioned elsewhere, if nothing else put him inside on 3rd down and have him bull rush.

How about our 6th round choices?

A few names I like,
LBs AK Klein, Michael Mauti
CB Nickell Robey (undersized but has a 40inch vert to make up for it)
S Josh Boyett (sounds like a great RM kind of guy, undersized ball hawk with some injury history)
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP19 View Post
On top of who has already been suggested, I really like RB Jonathan Franklin in the 5th, though it's not a pressing need. David Quessenberry would be great for O-line depth. I'd take Lawrence Okoye too, he might not have played the game but upside is HUGE and initially as I saw mentioned elsewhere, if nothing else put him inside on 3rd down and have him bull rush.

How about our 6th round choices?

A few names I like,
LBs AK Klein, Michael Mauti
CB Nickell Robey (undersized but has a 40inch vert to make up for it)
S Josh Boyett (sounds like a great RM kind of guy, undersized ball hawk with some injury history)
We need D-line help.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
We need D-line help.
Suggestions?
Old 04-27-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Suggestions?
I'd take Alex Okafer here, Akeem Spence or Montori Hughes. Maybe a trade down to improve the value.

We need two defensive lineman out of this draft, but there is some WR and S value in the fourth.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Last edited by Black Bolt : 04-27-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate being in the position we are right now. We only have 5 picks left. These are all the positions we need to hit at least once.

Pass rusher
DT
OG
RB
FS
TE
MLB
CB
WR

I could even go for a QB. I wish the Raiders could pull out some extra picks somehow.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I hate being in the position we are right now. We only have 5 picks left. These are all the positions we need to hit at least once.

Pass rusher
DT
OG
RB
FS
TE
MLB
CB
WR

I could even go for a QB. I wish the Raiders could pull out some extra picks somehow.
CB? We are good there. I don't think we will pick a OG as we addressed OT. We have a starting MLB so not a big need. S, DE, DT are the big needs.

- Genius
Old 04-27-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

Quote:
I'd take Alex Okafer here, Akeem Spence or Montori Hughes. Maybe a trade down to improve the value.

We need two defensive lineman out of this draft, but there is some WR and S value in the fourth.
There may have been a misunderstanding, I'm all for D line in the 4th, I was suggesting names that were possibilities that hadn't been mentioned, and asking about the 6th round prospects. Those guys would have been my suggestions also, but I don't think they'll last until the 6th.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
There may have been a misunderstanding, I'm all for D line in the 4th, I was suggesting names that were possibilities that hadn't been mentioned, and asking about the 6th round prospects. Those guys would have been my suggestions also, but I don't think they'll last until the 6th.
Okay. Hey, we just traded down!! Go Reggie.

- Genius
Old 04-27-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping Raiders got both TB's 4th rounders in this trade.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I'm hoping Raiders got both TB's 4th rounders in this trade.
We got a 6th.

- Genius
Old 04-27-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

Okafor has gone
Old 04-27-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Okafor has gone
Clearly we have something else in mind. Quentarus Smith?

- Genius
Old 04-27-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

Quote:
Clearly we have something else in mind. Quentarus Smith?
Okafor projected as more of a runner stopper from what I gathered so I'm not too surprised. Smith is possible.

Jesse Williams is still available but on the main board there are rumours his knee hasn't checked out well.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DT or DE please!!!!

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
DT or DE please!!!!
Did Pittsburg screw us??

- Genius
Old 04-27-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Wilson? Meh...

- Genius
Old 04-27-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really like Wilson, might mean its time to get rid of the Pryor sig.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

There's a chance Flynn could lose out to another QB called Wilson....
Old 04-27-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

From the main draft thread:
"nobodyinparticular:
Tyler Wilson is a solid pick up. I think it's clear Raiders wanted Matt Barkley there to start the 4th but the Eagles screwed them."

I think that's probably right.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
From the main draft thread:
"nobodyinparticular:
Tyler Wilson is a solid pick up. I think it's clear Raiders wanted Matt Barkley there to start the 4th but the Eagles screwed them."

I think that's probably right.
The Chefs were a pick ahead of us.

- Genius
Old 04-27-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm stoked with the Wilson pick.

I was on his wagon and pimping him to the Raiders for months but back then it was at #3 lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Really like Wilson, might mean its time to get rid of the Pryor sig.
Pryor just tweeted Wilson to welcome him to the nation.

- Genius
Old 04-27-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I'm stoked with the Wilson pick.

I was on his wagon and pimping him to the Raiders for months but back then it was at #3 lol
Why do you like him so much? I see him as a back up in the NFL and he lasted to the mid 4th.

- Genius
Old 04-27-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

Quote:
The Chefs were a pick ahead of us.
Good point